Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the way, I'm doing this for fun and because I've enjoyed the television series 'Parks and Recreation'.

Leslie Knope: ENFJ, E1

Tom Haverford: ESTP, E3

Ann Perkins: ESFJ, E9

Ron Swanson: ESTJ, E8

April Ludgate: ISFP, E6

Andy Dwyer: ENFP, E2

Jerry Gergich: ISFJ, E6

Donna Meagle: ESFP, E7

Mark Brendanawicz: ISTP, E7

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've always thought that show had a great variety of personalities - it's one of my favourites. :)
I'm not convinced that Andy is an ENFP.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Leslie Knope: Either an ENFJ with well-developed Fi or an ENFP with well-developed Te

Tom Haverford: ESTP

Ann Perkins: ESFJ

Ron Swanson: IXTJ

April Ludgate: XNTP

Andy Dwyer: XSFP

Jerry Gergich: ISFJ

Donna Meagle: ESFP

Mark Brendanawicz: ISTP

Ben Wyatt: ISTJ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I feel like Ben is probably more of an INTJ. My husband is one, they are identical! I agree with all the other choices above.

Reactions: Thomas329

·
Registered
155 Posts
There's an entire episode about how Leslie loves to brainstorm but when she gets stressed she can't come up with new ideas, which sounds like Ne to me. That and her pairing with ben, who is INTJ, makes me think ENTP.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Leslie's an F. I can't see a T dealing with the things she does with the amount of enthusiasm that she does. The INTJ-ENFP pairing is well-documented, too :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think Leslie is the quintessential ENFJ. She is far too structured and organized to be a P. She often makes what is objectively the 'wrong' decision based on her gut feelings.

I think Ben is IXTJ. If he's INTJ then he's missing some intensity or is a bit too conventional. His initial job (financial auditor) is very ISTJ. I wouldn't read into the fact they are as a couple as evidence that they're INTJ-ENFP; highly unlikely the writers have MBTI in mind.

Ron is probably ISTP.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
ParKs and Recreation Types

hey guys
just started watching- finishing season 2now , but to be honest I'm reasonable at typing people
here's me with star reasons why

Leslie Knope- ESFJ. (SJ) She shoots for common goals like becoming President, she unilaterally/ "tunnel-visionly" supports feminist viewpoints. (S over N) she does not see through the sarcasm or tones and impressions in peoples voice often trusting the words she hears over any insinuation or implicit understanding. Her Fe seeks so please and attain status through (S) institutions such as that of government.

Ron Swanson- INTJ. I think he's actually reasonably easy to catch, especially watching him with an intj lens. He DOES actually prefer structure and sticking to plans and likes to be on top of things, however his seemingly "SP" laid-back at work attitude is tricky. His face reads Ni as if he's ALWAYS analyzing and searching for reason in things. His Te in being a boss is existent, but definitely second to his introversion.

April Ludgate- ISTP. She's hard to type. Definitely an IP, no way around that. Her lack of effort in contributing, sly remarks, her position outside the main social circle and desire to stay there are clear. Real laid-back attitude, classic ISTP refusing to listen or put up with the SJ-ness of people like Jerry or the other governmental representatives.

Andy Dwyer- ESFP. I think he definitely is the EP running around, bouncing ideas off ideas, always changing band names (presuming it's his decision for the show), impulsively shining shoes for cash after living in the hole behind his ex-girlfriend Ann's house. (sounds like sad irrational Fi acting) (S over N) because he makes songs about things he sees and doesn't understand why people are upset with him. Like Leslie, he misses the deeper meaning.

Tom Haverford- ESTP no questions asked. (EP) club promoter, loves starting up action and talking to people, (TP) because he has Ti insults which he uses to attack people, and is definitely SP because of his Se need to tell people his wife/date is hot and he has sex with her ("and she's a surgeon makes tons of cash") that stuff. definite ESTP trying to conquer the world's social scene.

Ann Perkins- ESFJ- woulda said ISFJ, and I might even still. It just seems like her Fe is overactive and she definitely doesn't help herself enough, and isn't aware of her position to improve her behavior. She states after relationships how she reacts awfully and irrationally, making her seem like a Dependent personality. She slaved over Andy who did shit....because she's the SJ girlfriend and it's her Fe duty to do so.

Jerry- ISFJ. He isn't outwardly critical for Te to be his second function, but he wears the same collared work shirt-tie combo (SJ!) and he's just supposed to be that shitty character without any qualities of interest.

Mark Brandanowitz- IXTP. I'm leaning towards N because of his inability to dominate a social scene or "know" how to act cool or say something to stir up shit. His IP is evident in that his office is a solo project, and the papers are EVERYwhere disorganized... looks like my roommates "studio-apartmentesque" bed/desk in our dorm room.

Chris Traeger (Lowe) and Ben Wyatt (Scott) just joined, but ill say
ESFP on his crazy runs and emotional outwardness
and
IXTJ for Ben. He's obviously rigid Te and doesn't play too many game. Says he gets death threats when he tries to do the park closing and all.

Responses?!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ben seems hard to choose for. I know he's IXTJ, and was leaning towards ISTJ, but his past experience with being child mayor and utterly failing may have led him to be a little more 'conventional' in future job choices than one might expect of an INTJ.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Leslie - XNFJ
Ann - ESTJ
Tom - ESTP
April - ISTP
Andy - ENFP
Chris - ESFJ
Ben - INTP
Jerry - ISFJ
Donna - ESFP
Mark - INTP
Ron Swanson - ISTJ

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Editing to what I'm more sure of:

April still... ISP she seems to have reserved Fi but has a deceivingly cold attitude

Chris Traeger 100% ESFJ
always on schedule, watching his vitamins and health-conscious habits
he repeats peoples names as an "Fe 'they'll like this'" kinda thing
he goes through wild moods and doesn't have much understanding of them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello,

Read through all these posts and I'd just like to add my (far-too-thoroughly-thought-out) opinions:

Leslie Knope: ENFJ

I agree with SuperunknownVortex and HippoHunter94: she's quite clearly an ENFJ. Epitomises the Judging personality with her manic organisation. She says that it is impossible for her to relax because she is always thinking up new ideas/planning hypothetical and future events - that's definitely Intuitive rather than Sensing behaviour.

Only annoying thing is that she does seem to have really strong Thinking abilities - but she is Leslie Knope, so if anyone can be an ENFJ with strong Thinking, she can.

Ann Perkins: ISFP (or ISFJ)

I don't think Ann is ESFJ. She tends towards being quiet and thoughtful over being outgoing. Her personality almost disappears to make way for bigger personalities - c.f. relationships with Chris and Leslie. Seems like an introvert to me. Definitely a Feeler though!

Ron Swanson: IxTx

Really difficult to type because he's so inscrutable. All of your guesses sound plausible.

April Ludgate: INTP

Her zany, weird ideas (e.g. being the Moon at the Model UN?) refusal to conform, and tendency to avoid others? I think she's definitely an INTP!

Ben Wyatt: INTJ

I agree with HippoHunter94 and stayawake. He likes to think hypothetically too much for an ISTJ (like the model UN and role-playing famous political figures with Leslie!) I think he's too driven (18-y-o mayor?) and has too much Feeling for an INTP.

Tom Haverford: ESTP
Andy Dwyer: ESFP
Chris Traeger: ESFJ

Totally agree with other people's typing of these guys.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Leslie - ENFJ -- Definitely a dom extraverted Feeler. Secondary Ni makes sense too
Ann - ISFJ -- She seems like a secondary Fe/tertiary Ti type. She's definitely a feeler, but IxFJs are pretty logical too
Tom - ESFP -- Dom Se for sure, and I think he's more Fi than Ti
April - jeez... I have no idea for her. INFx?
Andy - ExFP
Chris - ENFJ -- I really think him an Lesley are the same type
Ben - IxTx -- not sure on this one
Ron Swanson - ISTP, definitely. He's too practical/realistic to be an INTJ or INTP, and I don't see Si/Te.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Leslie Knope: ENFP (Seems like she has some strong tertiary Te though!)

Tom Haverford: ESXP

Ann Perkins: EXFJ

Ron Swanson: ISTJ

April Ludgate: IXTP

Andy Dwyer: XSFP

Ben Wyatt: IXTJ

Reactions: funcoolname
1 - 20 of 168 Posts