Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't wanna clog up the relationship thread with this so I'm making another one for anyone interested enough to click into this. I was trying to explain "party people" and more specifically "party girls" and the difference between them and regular people who party. I've compiled a PG-13 version of how party people do their thing. There are many blanks to be filled in by your imagination because I'm not sure what the limit of what I can show on this forum are (and I KNOW a fair amount of it wouldn't fly). So without further adieu:

The places we used to party in the old days started out looking like http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llxl2shc3j1qg4unuo1_400.jpg this about 10 hours before we got the party started. They'd get cleaned up, a DJ booth setup, and we'd either tap into city power or run a genny a few floor up to get some electricity.
There aren't really a lot of solid videos from those tape days because we were all to wasted to carry around 20 lb VHS recorders.

Now-a-days things happen in "legal" venues that are usually being passed of as a "gallery" or "rentable warehouse".

Either way though a few things haven't changed over the years.

One is the length of the parties. A short party lasts 8-10 hours ... but a good party will last 16ish hours. The epic stuff goes on for 2-3 days a lot of the time. I think the longest I ever did was 5 though.

Another things that didn't change was the progression of the party and the real party people. It's the same game as it was 15 years ago. Basically it went like this:

People arrive looking like this:
WTF!! Salt Lake City - nightsneak's Photos (Night Sneak Entertainment has load of party pictures if you feel like browsing the site)

Early hours of the party are like this:

Eventually you end up meeting a girl with this story:

Then your eyes do this:

Everything gets kinda messed up after that (not really pictures that are appropriate that can adequately describe it) but if you keep things escalating at their current pace it's usually a steady incline in intensity for the next 7-8 hours.

Eventually you end up in a situation like this:
(only without J-Lo). If you have few enough drugs in your system to go to bed bedtime is usually around 10 or 11 in the morning.

If it's a mutiday festival party there are usually two options when it's light out. Option one looks something like this:
and the flows into the nighttime party again.
Option two is to stay in a blacked out hotel room or tent and keep that J-Lo video scenario going.

At the end of the party you wake up wondering where you are, why you decided to tell your life stories to the other 30 people that are scattered around the single bed hotel room passed out, how the hell you fit 8 people into that 2 person hot tub the night before, and why EVERYONE is naked.

Ahhhh now that's a party. If I'm not stepping over groups of naked strangers looking for my pants by the end then we just did NOT try hard enough to get that party going.

Please tell me someone else has partied hard sometime in their life, and I'm not the only one ... actually I can think of one or two of you that I know have ... so say something here :p

Reactions: William I am

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@MegaTuxRacer , sadly noplace anymore. We don't party in abandoned buildings, subways, or sewers anymore. That all died around 2002, give or take a year or so depending on the state you lived in. Although even back in the day when stuff happened in an even more illegal environment I must say we never had the cool sci-fi stuff or apocalyptic terror going on in that video. It would have made it even more fun if we had. That aside that would have been about the mid-point in the night for a 16 hour party I'd say.

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
@MegaTuxRacer , sadly noplace anymore. We don't party in abandoned buildings, subways, or sewers anymore. That all died around 2002, give or take a year or so depending on the state you lived in.
Yes I can see how subways and sewers would be highly cramped and not at all conducive to parties. And abandoned buildings have not been inspected to ensure being up to code in who knows how long!

Although even back in the day when stuff happened in an even more illegal environment I must say we never had the cool sci-fi stuff or apocalyptic terror going on in that video. It would have made it even more fun if we had. That aside that would have been about the mid-point in the night for a 16 hour party I'd say.
So there are not asteroid showers at the parties you have attended and continue to attend?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@MegaTuxRacer unfortunately they were never quite that cool .... oh wait I take that back. I did go to a "thing" in like 1997 in some field in Standish MI with a river running through it that we all bathed in for 3 or f4 days called ron-stock. Lot's of drugs, lots of booze. And in the middle of a shroom trip next to the campfire we all looked up and there was a real (not in our heads) meteor shower going on. I was cool as hell. We musta watched for 30 min before it was over.

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
@MegaTuxRacer unfortunately they were never quite that cool .... oh wait I take that back. I did go to a "thing" in like 1997 in some field in Standish MI with a river running through it that we all bathed in for 3 or f4 days called ron-stock. Lot's of drugs, lots of booze. And in the middle of a shroom trip next to the campfire we all looked up and there was a real (not in our heads) meteor shower going on. I was cool as hell. We musta watched for 30 min before it was over.
Not as cool as asteroids though.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@MegaTuxRacer , during the daytime it is possible, but not likely, but only in cities like DC, Chicago, Detroit, L.A., and New Orleans ... maybe Miami.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Parties are fun

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
@<span class="highlight"><i><a href="http://personalitycafe.com/member.php?u=26777" target="_blank">MegaTuxRacer</a></i></span> , during the daytime it is possible, but not likely, but only in cities like DC, Chicago, Detroit, L.A., and New Orleans ... maybe Miami.
And this one?

Do you ever take a break from the techno music in the middle of the party to celebrate a goody but oldie?

Would you say that this is an analogous substitute for the beginning of the party?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Like every ENTP, even parties got boring after some time. There's nothing in the world that can provide me with enough dopamine rushes, long gone are the days of being excitable. :(

Although this is a long time favourite hangout of mine here in Toronto...

I've lived my life there practically, working from ages 16-18, and partying for about 3 years thereafter. If you guys ever visit Canada, not going to Guvernment would be a compromise. This place really is all that and runs til 7AM. Plus, if you're still not tired enough, our after hours scene is unreal.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@MegaTuxRacer

1) It's an unavoidable measure of collateral damage

2) Most definitely ... and it always supplies loads of fun and interesting "adaptations" to the situation.

3) No :p

Like every ENTP, even parties got boring after some time. There's nothing in the world that can provide me with enough dopamine rushes, long gone are the days of being excitable. :(

Although this is a long time favourite hangout of mine here in Toronto...

I've lived my life there practically, working from ages 16-18, and partying for about 3 years thereafter. If you guys ever visit Canada, not going to Guvernment would be a compromise. This place really is all that and runs til 7AM. Plus, if you're still not tired enough, our after hours scene is unreal.
hehehe .. so you DO know what I'm talking about ED. I figured. Give it a few year. You'll need it again. I had a feeling about you. If you were never into the drugs then that changes the game a bit. But still, you'll need it again someday. I left for 8 years, for the record. two marriages and a shit-ton of life later I'm back in the game, and it's as fun as it was the first time.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Check out this afterhours where cameras are disallowed. You will actually get kicked out if you snap shots or make vids.

Still to this day I can never seem to ID that track. Its so sadistic.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check out this afterhours where cameras are disallowed. You will actually get kicked out if you snap shots or make vids.

Still to this day I can never seem to ID that track. Its so sadistic.
Damnit. I needed about 30 more seconds of that track and I could have identified it for you. I got it down to about 10 different tracks in my head. I'll give it a few more goes, and if anything comes of it I'll PM you.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The track's just too short man. I'm trying .... I'll keep thinking about it.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I've done a few mardi gras, jazz fests, bonnaroos, and a shit ton of music festivals, but I always take a time out and gather my energy. New Orleans is particularly a place where I tend to stay up days at a time and it kicks my ass. You are in a whole different ball game my friend.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've done a few mardi gras, jazz fests, bonnaroos, and a shit ton of music festivals, but I always take a time out and gather my energy. New Orleans is particularly a place where I tend to stay up days at a time and it kicks my ass. You are in a whole different ball game my friend.
It's been a while since I've been in a "whole different ballgame" ... but I'm trying to get there again. It's progressing, and I'm well on my way in the right direction again. Thanks for the compliment though (I think).

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
@MegaTuxRacer , sadly noplace anymore. We don't party in abandoned buildings, subways, or sewers anymore. That all died around 2002, give or take a year or so depending on the state you lived in. Although even back in the day when stuff happened in an even more illegal environment I must say we never had the cool sci-fi stuff or apocalyptic terror going on in that video. It would have made it even more fun if we had. That aside that would have been about the mid-point in the night for a 16 hour party I'd say.
We "kids" have to get creative though since most venues don't allow "kids" (yes I can go in easily, but what about everyone else?), I mean yeah sure, other people's houses, for like 2 hours.
But for the huuuuuuuge 18 hour ones?
We found an abandoned military warehouse in Bolsa Chica actually~ Lucky us. We also stored some other things in there.

Sad to say it got burned down (no it wasn't that awesome, it involves something explodey though). That, and I'm pretty sure there's no hardcores here anymore (all weed and booze [don't get me wrong they're both awesome if you want to just chill and all that chizz, but), so I wouldn't plan it anyways.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts