Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a lot of research on personality traits and natal charts lately

As part of my research, I looked into some traits about my sign, Pisces. One thing of interest was that apparently we've lived '12 lives'

What this is supposed to mean is that Pisces happens to be a mish-mash of the other 11 signs

Not to sound like an egoist, but I've always felt like I've been endowed with an otherworldly wisdom, and once reading up on that, I felt a deep connection in those words

So, my question to you is this:

Do you believe you've had a past life? Or rather, do you feel like you are wiser than your age should pertain?

[/Launching topic in 3... 2... 1... ]

·
Registered
440 Posts
most of the time i feel emotionally trapped
so in my past life i must've been a hitler or someone viscous

Reactions: Zomboy

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most of the time i feel emotionally trapped
so in my past life i must've been a hitler or someone viscous
Viscous?

I have no clue who I was in a past life. I used to think the same as you (I had a very rough childhood) but now that things are getting better, I've since rid myself of that idea

Could it be that human life force is recycled? That might explain why mankind is always repeating it's own mistakes

Ah, speculation ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
oops i meant viscious and ended up typing viscous.. but that fits too LOL
what i like about INFJ forum is that this type of subject can be valid
because i find it interesting LOL

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Do you believe you've had a past life? Or rather, do you feel like you are wiser than your age should pertain?

I believe other people have had past lives.

But I don't believe I have a past life, I think this is my first go at it all. What wisdom I have is accumulated from being highly introspective and hard on myself, while trying to discern human interactions and motivations in the world around me. Being an INFJ who uses all of their functions in a healthy manner should result in a wise person eventually.

Here's what I've heard on the subject relayed through a spiritual medium. (One I trust and personally verified their authenticity.) That when you die, there is the place your soul goes to; however, your soul is split and recycled into another being here on Earth. You are in heaven, but you are also reincarnated. Maybe that was an oversimplification of a complicated process; I'm not sure, but a spirit who had gone into the higher place relayed that message, for what it's worth.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Okay, I have question!

So what if you have a past life, that person is dead. What good can it do you now?
A past life should be capable of relaying messages or knowing into your current life, but only if you're receptive. This means you have to be highly spiritual and/or religious.

If you're not that spiritual, then you might have a strange dream here and there associated with your past life. You may or may not recall those dreams.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
A past life should be capable of relaying messages or knowing into your current life, but only if you're receptive. This means you have to be highly spiritual and/or religious.

If you're not that spiritual, then you might have a strange dream here and there associated with your past life. You may or may not recall those dreams.
Okay sure whatever, but what helpful information could you really get from someone was alive in the 1350's? It just wouldn't be relevant so why even listen?

I personally think that this is something that people believe in to make themselves feel special, but that's just what I think.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Past lives?

Possible I suppose. Hard to prove or disprove.

But collective unconscious, the hero's journey? Now that's an idea that is quite something!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Collective unconscious? Sounds interesting. I'll give it a look

I personally think that this is something that people believe in to make themselves feel special, but that's just what I think.
Your opinions are always helpful and very much appreciated, lest I wouldn't have made the thread

I like the 'idea' of having lived 11 existences already, and being wiser from that. Now, I'm not saying that this is indeed the case

I'd like you to know that I find myself as intellectual, creative, wise, and adaptable. But in saying this I am in no way better than anyone else

These are gifts that have been given to me. Everyone has gifts, they just need to find them

Besides, if I want to make myself feel special, and I'm not hurting anyone else in the process, what trouble is there? ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Okay sure whatever, but what helpful information could you really get from someone was alive in the 1350's? It just wouldn't be relevant so why even listen?

I think the point of reincarnation is soul development. No matter what year your past life took place, it's about life lessons and becoming wiser. Besides that, I think anyone could boast about anything about themselves to feel "special", not just past lives. I mean, there are things that I have always automatically comprehended where others didn't, yet there are several things I don't understand which I need to learn. My opinion anyway ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hmm I don't know about my past lives. What I do know is that I have a particular affinity for the Middle East and the Balkans. Maybe in my past lives I was a sultan or something. So in this life I have to learn humility. :tongue:

Could it be that places we feel strongly drawn to have something to do with our past lives?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Collective unconscious? Sounds interesting. I'll give it a look

Besides, if I want to make myself feel special, and I'm not hurting anyone else in the process, what trouble is there? ;)
True, I'm not saying you are wrong for believing in such things. It's every person I have met the does believe in these sorts of things thinks that they "have special powers" too. And normally these people are very insecure. But, I'm not going to stop. You believe what you believe. I just have no respect for people who feel the need to use such things for their own (ego) gain. It's deceitful.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I think the ENTJ is right that it is irrelevant.. and that's probably the reason we don't remember our past lives if they do exist. It's not for 'us' to learn, we are not our complete souls. We are more like vessels to experience and then bring back the message to our whole selves when we die (or when we sleep even).. and from there, we decide what to do next.

On the other hand Vizier made a good question.. I find I also have a bunch of 'quirks'. Drawn to certain places, things, it's very particular, and I would like to know the story behind that just for curiosity's sake. Or maybe it will help me better hone in on what my purpose is here this time.

Hmm I don't know about my past lives. What I do know is that I have a particular affinity for the Middle East and the Balkans. Maybe in my past lives I was a sultan or something. So in this life I have to learn humility. :tongue:

Could it be that places we feel strongly drawn to have something to do with our past lives?

Also I don't quite understand though how this plays in boosting one's ego..
I like to look at it more as an explanation of odd personality tidbits, and also for plain fun

·
Registered
290 Posts

[/Launching topic in 3... 2... 1... ]
So, my short answer is yes. Although, as relating to the zodiac, I tend to think of zodiac progression as more symbolic than literal. In my experience, trying to separate metaphysical matters into neat boxes doesn't work very well because no one can really know what we're experiencing well enough to categorize.

I have memories in which I remember being another person, including being a man several times, and I often lucidly dream that I am another person, and I remember the distinct personalities - which is odd because it's not MY personality now. To me, other lives (and I think in other lives, not past lives) exist as a way of learning and balancing traits. For instance, I could say I was born a Gemini so that I could learn how to balance doing many things and still remain genuine (a symbolic struggle of Geminis is with commitment & flightiness/superficiality). I work with what I have (communication skills, curiosity) to find a balance. Perhaps I was dogmatic and single minded in another life, so in this life, I have created circumstances where I must balance the scales.

I've explored a lot into many areas of metaphysics, and it's fascinating. If you haven't read books by Sylvia Brown, that could be a good place to learn more from someone who staunchly believes in past lives. (And she's a very entertaining read.)

Ultimately, I remain shaky on whether past/other lives are a literal truth or a symbolic truth. To me, the only life I can change is the one I am in right now, so I explore the possibilities, but I focus on the present.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I always have felt like I've had many past lives.... yes...

But in my honest opinion, I think this is just the hidden reservior of our minds that we keep hidden away so often. We feel like we have so much baggage, because a large portion of our mind is hidden from us... and sometimes it speaks to us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts