Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how you get to that point in depression where you are just unable to express yourself? Well, I'm there. My wrists and chest ache constantly, which is a tantilizing reminder of the blood flowing through my veins and all the ways to destroy myself. I don't have any desire or need to cry. I don't feel especially angry. I'm kind of just.. past the point.

Last time I went through this, I had access to various methods of self destruction and went on a long, long bender. Unfortunately, I'm in situation with this pandemic where I can't do that again except for regularly drinking myself into a ball on the floor. For other various reasons in my life, I also can't get traditional 'help' or talk to family or friends about this. I have to seem outwardly strong because of these situations so it's hard to juggle.

Basically, I'm asking for your advice if you've been in this situation before or similar and how you managed to get through it without literally any help or any sedatives/magic forgetting potions and pretty much just 'gritting your teeth and bearing it'?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
You know how you get to that point in depression where you are just unable to express yourself? Well, I'm there. My wrists and chest ache constantly, which is a tantilizing reminder of the blood flowing through my veins and all the ways to destroy myself. I don't have any desire or need to cry. I don't feel especially angry. I'm kind of just.. past the point.
I was there. Examine your negative thoughts. They’re keeping you static. For example, what are you thinking right now? What thoughts could challenge those thoughts you’re thinking?

Sounds like you’re experiencing a lot of symptoms of depression and are having a tough time , but sensations and feelings they are temporary. Not permanent

Last time I went through this, I had access to various methods of self destruction and went on a long, long bender. Unfortunately, I'm in situation with this pandemic where I can't do that again except for regularly drinking myself into a ball on the floor. For other various reasons in my life, I also can't get traditional 'help' or talk to family or friends about this. I have to seem outwardly strong because of these situations so it's hard to juggle.

Good, you can help yourself and will become stronger and more independent for having gone through this

Basically, I'm asking for your advice if you've been in this situation before or similar and how you managed to get through it without literally any help or any sedatives/magic forgetting potions and pretty much just 'gritting your teeth and bearing it'?
Do CBT worksheets or use the sanvello app. Basically reframe thoughts. Write down the thoughts you are having, and ask yourself, what would you say to a friend in your position. Then write that down too. The more you think about that thought later, automatically you will gain more balanced ways of thinking and you will gain more positive energy and direction from more balanced ways of thinking.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I really don't know, and I'm sorry you had to go through that too.

Last year I'd tried to sedate myself to oblivion at least four times - two of those were during finals weeks. The mere fact that I could write exams in that state, and pass all my classes - I couldn't hurt my mind enough to really separate from it. That's how I learned that it's useless to try to destroy yourself.

The lockdown in our region comes with a liquor ban, so I can't drink myself sedated. And I'd decided that getting meds for it, although doable, is too much risk considering the high costs and the chance of getting infected every time I go to the pharmacy. I'm not alone at home, so I can't afford to get sick.

I've said it all before, here and elsewhere. I can't cry about it anymore. Analyzing it doesn't bring any new answers. It's just a constant thing, depression and the emptiness that comes with it.

What's left for us now are overeating and oversleeping. Or undereating and undersleeping, if you're so inclined. Does surviving need to be healthy? No. Health is for people who want to live. We're not there yet. So go for little victories. A moment without pain. Then two. Sometimes coffee works for me. And then I have too much in one night. Sometimes music, movies, anime. Whatever.

If you can't take a day at a time, take an hour, or a few minutes.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense to you. It seems to be an INFx way of doing things. I don't know how this works for Thinkers. Maybe you really could analyze the pain until it's gone. And I'm not sure how in touch you are with your feelings and senses.

Feel free to message me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Examine your negative thoughts. They’re keeping you static. For example, what are you thinking right now? What thoughts could challenge those thoughts you’re thinking?
Yeah, I can understand this. Most of these feelings come from tangible issues in my life that either beyond my control or are within my control to an extent but in order to change the situation I have to be careful because one fuck up and I'm screwed.

I guess tl;dr is I'm pretty stuck in a situation where my queen is trapped, I have one reluctant bishop and one drunk knight that is feeding information to white.

Do CBT worksheets or use the sanvello app. Basically reframe thoughts. Write down the thoughts you are having, and ask yourself, what would you say to a friend in your position. Then write that down too. The more you think about that thought later, automatically you will gain more balanced ways of thinking and you will gain more positive energy and direction from more balanced ways of thinking.
Yeah, I'm really, really bad at this. It always ends up being a monologue of contradicting myself, questioning myself or going too far down the rabbit hole of "why" and "how" and "what if" and possible risk mitigation until my wrist hurts from writing and then I give up :')

Generally instead of this I go for creating a list of practical things to actually do to change a minute part of a situation that I perceive is being one of the root reasons for a particular feeling I have.

I haven't considered the " what would you say to a friend" aspect so I will have a think about that. Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20 and I've assisted in making a real fucked up bed that I'm currently laying in and am having to wallow until a clear path is available for me to gtfo of it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's left for us now are overeating and oversleeping. Or undereating and undersleeping, if you're so inclined. Does surviving need to be healthy? No. Health is for people who want to live. We're not there yet. So go for little victories. A moment without pain. Then two. Sometimes coffee works for me. And then I have too much in one night. Sometimes music, movies, anime. Whatever.

If you can't take a day at a time, take an hour, or a few minutes.
Thank you for responding though. I can understand and appreciate where you're coming from, and some part of me agrees with some of this however, I feel like celebrating little victories is a little like I'm patronising myself. Small moments of escapism are okay, but in the end I come out, remember my reality and realise that I've just wasted time doing jack shit and I feel like a loser.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense to you. It seems to be an INFx way of doing things. I don't know how this works for Thinkers. Maybe you really could analyze the pain until it's gone. And I'm not sure how in touch you are with your feelings and senses.
I've had a number of years associating with Feeling types so it's not like I don't understand what you're saying or meaning by it. I just struggle to apply that to myself.

Frankly, I'm not really sure either re:in touch with feelings. I guess this is one of the reasons for this current emotional (or lack thereof) predicament.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Thank you for responding though. I can understand and appreciate where you're coming from, and some part of me agrees with some of this however, I feel like celebrating little victories is a little like I'm patronising myself. Small moments of escapism are okay, but in the end I come out, remember my reality and realise that I've just wasted time doing jack shit and I feel like a loser.

I've had a number of years associating with Feeling types so it's not like I don't understand what you're saying or meaning by it. I just struggle to apply that to myself.

Frankly, I'm not really sure either re:in touch with feelings. I guess this is one of the reasons for this current emotional (or lack thereof) predicament.
Amazing. Beating yourself up takes energy, you know? If you can feel like a loser then you are capable of doing more. Do your best, that is all.

It's fine. Feelings are misunderstood and overrated. Use your own processing mode. But since you talked about drinking, you might have a similar relationship to the senses. I'm trying to see what art means to me and if there's any form of it I can immerse myself in and practice. Still a long way to go, though.

This might not be of any help, but I like you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can feel like a loser then you are capable of doing more. Do your best, that is all.
Yeah, it's a bit hard when you take a long while to process situations and to examine all avenues and possibilities before being able to conclude on doing things. During that period of inflection and reflection I often end up feeling useless for inaction. Oftentimes, the decisions get made for me or I'll be acting reactively because situations move faster than I can decide unfortunately, which also doesn't help.

Also, I often feel like what my 'best' was, wasn't really good enough. High standards and all, y'know.

It's fine. Feelings are misunderstood and overrated. Use your own processing mode. But since you talked about drinking, you might have a similar relationship to the senses.
Maybe. Drinking has been a method of coping with certain things for a long time now. It helps with dampening how reserved I am, although it's hard to tell whether it's allowing me to actually feel my emotions or whether it's just simulating some for me and aren't actually relevant to what I'm actually feeling. Not sure if you'll understand that though tbh :')

I'm trying to see what art means to me and if there's any form of it I can immerse myself in and practice. Still a long way to go, though.
Yeah, art in order to express yourself seems like a logical move, considering it seems to be centred around subjectivity and emotional expression. I have tried it countless times also. The frustration when it ends up looking or sounding shit is annoying however. Not sure what type of art you're doing currently though.

This might not be of any help, but I like you.
Thank you, you're very sweet.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Yeah, I can understand this. Most of these feelings come from tangible issues in my life that either beyond my control or are within my control to an extent but in order to change the situation I have to be careful because one fuck up and I'm screwed.

I guess tl;dr is I'm pretty stuck in a situation where my queen is trapped, I have one reluctant bishop and one drunk knight that is feeding information to white.
Yeah I was in a similiar situation and had really bad tangible issues as you would say. Though, you need to challenge negative thought cycles, then you can have a fresher perspective of an issue. Even if it is tangible and affecting you in the real world.

Yeah, I'm really, really bad at this. It always ends up being a monologue of contradicting myself, questioning myself or going too far down the rabbit hole of "why" and "how" and "what if" and possible risk mitigation until my wrist hurts from writing and then I give up :')

Generally instead of this I go for creating a list of practical things to actually do to change a minute part of a situation that I perceive is being one of the root reasons for a particular feeling I have.
Try it. You need to challenge your own thinking, especially if it’s sending you down a rabbit hole.

Don’t ask “why”, “how”, or “what if”, ask “then what?” or “What will happen if this is true?”

I think the second thing you described is called Behavioral Activation in psychology lingo, listing out activities you could do to distract yourself. Challenging thoughts gets you right in the way of the problem.

I haven't considered the " what would you say to a friend" aspect so I will have a think about that. Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20 and I've assisted in making a real fucked up bed that I'm currently laying in and am having to wallow until a clear path is available for me to gtfo of it.

The first thing is you need to write out your response to the “what you would say to a friend” thing after writing out what’s on your mind. You sound like a very interesting and intellectual person, you always have your own take on things and were good at expressing yourself throughout this discussion.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Also, I often feel like what my 'best' was, wasn't really good enough. High standards and all, y'know.
In what ways was your “best” good enough? (Over the span of your life) in what ways was your “best”, not good enough?

Asking the question of whether my thought was true over time (rather than in one mere instant), helped me cope with depression. Also to ask whether there is another side to the story I’m telling myself.

Maybe. Drinking has been a method of coping with certain things for a long time now. It helps with dampening how reserved I am, although it's hard to tell whether it's allowing me to actually feel my emotions or whether it's just simulating some for me and aren't actually relevant to what I'm actually feeling. Not sure if you'll understand that though tbh :')
Man, I could really use a drink, it’s been so long since I’ve had the miracle cure for anxiety. :’D though I hear it’s not good for if you’re lonely, it can become a habit and that’s just sad what happens to people like that

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Though, you need to challenge negative thought cycles, then you can have a fresher perspective of an issue. Even if it is tangible and affecting you in the real world.
Sorry to be a pain, would you mind giving me an example of this? Generally, I am pessimistic and especially during a bout of depression, my negative thought processes seem to make sense.

Try it. You need to challenge your own thinking, especially if it’s sending you down a rabbit hole.

Don’t ask “why”, “how”, or “what if”, ask “then what?” or “What will happen if this is true?”
Oh, I definitely do explore variable possibilities but unfortunately, I negate any 'optimistic' resolutions as unlikely given the circumstance or perhaps that's just depression talking.. I will have another go at CBT based on your suggestion. Thanks.

I think the second thing you described is called Behavioral Activation in psychology lingo, listing out activities you could do to distract yourself. Challenging thoughts gets you right in the way of the problem.
Well, I did not know there was actually a term for it. Thanks. At least I'm not completely crazy if it's already been formalised as a method of self-help.

The first thing is you need to write out your response to the “what you would say to a friend” thing after writing out what’s on your mind.
I'll give this a go.

You sound like a very interesting and intellectual person, you always have your own take on things and were good at expressing yourself throughout this discussion.
That's kind of you to say. Again, thank you for your assistance. I have been at a loss during this period so it's good I can get some advice.

God, I'm trying my best not to sound like I'm typing a work email but it's just ending up that way because I'm trying to respectful and inoffensive and trying to show my gratitude at the same time. Sorry.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In what ways was your “best” good enough? (Over the span of your life) in what ways was your “best”, not good enough?
Well, I'm not entirely sure. Referencing my previous post, I just feel like time moved too fast for me to enact out a properly thought out plan so all my actions have ended up being a 60-85% thought out reaction due to necessity.
Asking the question of whether my thought was true over time (rather than in one mere instant), helped me cope with depression. Also to ask whether there is another side to the story I’m telling myself.
Yeah, this is a problem because for the most part my intuition or conclusion based on well thought out reflection has ended up correct. I've definitely questioned my own perspective vs what other people might see, but it's very hard to justify because I can't understand the sound logic behind it as much as I can my own.
Man, I could really use a drink, it’s been so long since I’ve had the miracle cure for anxiety. :’D though I hear it’s not good for if you’re lonely, it can become a habit and that’s just sad what happens to people like that
Damn dude, unfortunately there's no miracle cure for anxiety. Valium is pretty good but they don't prescribe it long term so coping mechanisms required haha. Sorry if I've made you want a drink.

Yeah, previously I've been with someone who was an alcoholic and it's not a pretty sight. I suppose the same with everything it's re-evaluating every so often to ensure you're actually doing what you can given the handicaps you're given in life.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
How bad is your relationship with alcohol? o_O If it's too personal to tell here, PM me.

Coincidentally, I started rereading A Million Little Pieces by James Frey specifically to get the feel of addiction and recovery. That was just before I read this thread. Need to read more fiction, get my imagination working again.

What do you like to do for fun, or to pass the time?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How bad is your relationship with alcohol? o_O If it's too personal to tell here, PM me.
It's fine. Generally, it's an occasional thing until I take a nosedive. I was introduced to alcohol at around the age of 8 so I have a lot of experience with it. I don't condone addiction to it (or anything for that matter) because I have personally seen or been around people that have had issues with it to that extent, but sometimes it helps to numb or distract from personal issues.

Coincidentally, I started rereading A Million Little Pieces by James Frey specifically to get the feel of addiction and recovery. That was just before I read this thread. Need to read more fiction, get my imagination working again.
Hmm.. I have not heard of it. Yeah, fiction is good to read. So many possibilities.

What do you like to do for fun, or to pass the time?
"Fun" haha. I honestly don't know. I tried painting, drawing, singing, playing guitar, I made a quilt and some pyjamas, I tried writing a story, reading stories, continuing to learn C++, PHP, Japanese or engrossing myself in my work, or as a last resort staring at the ceiling listening to music. It all seems rather pointless or less than gratifying currently. Singing is fun but I honestly suck at it so at the end it's mostly just laughing at myself. *shrug*

·
Registered
5,551 Posts

You basically want to overcome suicidal depression without outside help. You might as well be asking "How do I fix this without doing anything?"

If you aren't already, meditate, journal, look into thought records, and have a consistent schedule.
If you can't manage to change your course of action, nothing will change.

·
Registered
218 Posts

i don't really know if i can help you about this, because i feel like you for a very long time, but i couldn't skip the things you write without a comment too. i don't know the reasons, and i'm not even sure if there is a reason? yet, i do understand how it feels like. as a heart type, it's more easier for me to let go these emotions through art and it is giving me relief somehow, yet i can't do that anymore. i was close with some head types in my life and i know it's hard to undertstand these emotions and expressing them, where it's coming from, or why? all of this could burried inside you because of the anxiety of emotions and after some point there is only emptiness left to you. i can just say, if you feel this heaviness and not able to express it, you can try to use this energy in a different area. rationalizing it could help, you can make imaginary maps for understanding the reasons, placing everything in a rational area could make you feel less pressured and more in controlled with yourself.

and don't think like you ''have to'' do somethings, research somethings, think somethings. you don't have to be wise all the time. it's okay. i don't really know what to say about drinking, you can try to read about somethings about depression, with more information maybe you can feel more strong and gain self-support. you said you can't take any help from others but if you want to talk about somethings you can use some platforms like this, it's anonymous and can't bring you any harm, and maybe someone who has more inner acknowledge about emotions can help you to see what's really going on as well. i really don't know, it's up to you and how you feel comfortable the most.

i can't say it will be better or not, i don't believe in this lie most of the time too, i feel like most people are just try to feel better about themselves when they say this, because they look like they gave you support, but is it actually? i believe ourselves is the ones who could only save ourselves, it's all up to you and i believe 5s have ability to turn this emptiness into a healthy thing as well, time to time it can be better then feeling pain all the time. i experienced this both sides, being fully in pain all the time and this never ending annoying emptiness. feeling emptiness needs just a push but i guess it's more harder because it's like there is no energy left and trying seems pointless, this world seems never ending needy, reasonless place. being fully in pain takes a lot of energy and i used to found myself writing unstoppable, yet feeling edge of killing myself, but after i let out the feeling, somehow i felt recreated. but emptiness, it's way harder, it's less painful yet more deep but still there is some space left to you to change somethings, you just need a bit energy, you don't have to find any meaning at all, your curiosity about knowledge is your power and don't you want to see what's going to happen in this funny fucked up circus? i'm thinking like this for now, i'm trying to enjoy the black comedy of life, humour can help you a lot coping with these as well, try everything, i guess if you can find a push, maybe you can break this cycle. there are some good advices in here as well.. take care!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Sorry to be a pain, would you mind giving me an example of this? Generally, I am pessimistic and especially during a bout of depression, my negative thought processes seem to make sense.

Oh, I definitely do explore variable possibilities but unfortunately, I negate any 'optimistic' resolutions as unlikely given the circumstance or perhaps that's just depression talking.. I will have another go at CBT based on your suggestion. Thanks.

To challenge negative thought cycles all you need to do is write out the thought, ask yourself if there is another way of seeing it, and write it down too. Also ask yourself what you would say to a friend, and try to write that out as well.

This website has free worksheets for depression: https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Resources/Looking-After-Yourself

Well, I'm not entirely sure. Referencing my previous post, I just feel like time moved too fast for me to enact out a properly thought out plan so all my actions have ended up being a 60-85% thought out reaction due to necessity.

Yeah, this is a problem because for the most part my intuition or conclusion based on well thought out reflection has ended up correct. I've definitely questioned my own perspective vs what other people might see, but it's very hard to justify because I can't understand the sound logic behind it as much as I can my own.

Ah, I meant write out a list of experiences in which you expressed your best self, and another list, which you had moments that you thought you were not good enough.

If planning is a problem, it’s also good to write out short term goals, long term goals and keep a to do list.

You’re clearly someone who would be described as an intellectual or thinker, however, you should not worry about what other people might see or the difference , and not every thought needs to be logically sound . Sometimes people have illogical thoughts, it’s called being human.

If your well thought out reflections are correct, I would suggest CBT, because you can evaluate thoughts and it has worked before.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
To challenge negative thought cycles all you need to do is write out the thought, ask yourself if there is another way of seeing it, and write it down too. Also ask yourself what you would say to a friend, and try to write that out as well.
Yeah, but what I mean is I do this inside my head a lot. Have you heard of the 6 Thinking Hats by Edward de Bono? It just ends up with me laughing at myself for even considering many points as very, very unlikely or very, very illogical and internally calling myself an idiot for thinking it in the first place.

Western Australia hey. I'll have a read, thanks.

If planning is a problem, it’s also good to write out short term goals, long term goals and keep a to do list.
Yeah, this is one of the issues however. For example, I want to get to Z point, but in order to do so, I have to go through W, X, Y steps. Unfortunately, W step involves some other people that are effectively making it nigh impossible to do currently. So, I am stuck. Since I can't even see a possible scenario where I can get to Z in the short term, how can I possibly calculate the steps to get to ZZ point in 3-5 years?

You’re clearly someone who would be described as an intellectual or thinker, however, you should not worry about what other people might see or the difference , and not every thought needs to be logically sound . Sometimes people have illogical thoughts, it’s called being human.
Yes, some concessions need to be made for my own and other peoples feelings sure. It's just hard to figure out.. ah how to explain. Like how much leeway should be given for each persons feelings since it's hard to understand and also the backlash or downsides associated with giving that leeway. Also, I disagree with this statement for the most part
and not every thought needs to be logically sound . Sometimes people have illogical thoughts, it’s called being human.
In most cases, emotions are a reaction to something. If your dog dies, it's understandable for someone to be SAD. Pet dying = sad.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
@xraydav has a point regarding writing things down. It helps, if only for the moment.

The problem is, our Ni outruns our Ti. I've written out goals and action plans dozens of times. After a few failures, it loses its magic. I can predict failure a mile away (or more accurately, years down the line). Glitch seems to be predicting loopholes the same way. There needs to be some kind of glue to hold the goals or structure together. Maybe that's what a good therapist is for.

I read Six Thinking Hats too, a very long time ago. An old book I borrowed. Was just a fun thinking exercise for me, nothing practical. Or maybe I was still too young at the time?

How's your relationship to the moment? What brings you to the present, and how does it feel?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Yeah, but what I mean is I do this inside me head a lot. Have you heard of the 6 Thinking Hats by Edward de Bono? It just ends up with me laughing at myself for even considering many points as very, very unlikely or very, very illogical and internally calling myself an idiot for thinking it in the first place.

Makes a big difference writing it out. Maybe also write out what evidence you have for a certain thought. The objective is to check whether that thought is true, or you can challenge it

All I know is, evidence and research shows that method makes a person less depressed and happier. If contradicting thoughts in your head makes you more depressed or critical, that’s not the way to do it.

Western Australia hey. I'll have a read, thanks.
I’m Australian, and I was handed it by a counsellor when I was younger. Helped a lot with depression

Yeah, this is one of the issues however. For example, I want to get to Z point, but in order to do so, I have to go through W, X, Y steps. Unfortunately, W step involves some other people that are effectively making it nigh impossible to do currently. So, I am stuck. Since I can't even see a possible scenario where I can get to Z in the short term, how can I possibly calculate the steps to get to ZZ point in 3-5 years?

I guess acceptance is required here, that you don’t have to calculate the possibility of the goal. Writing out goals in the long term and short term, is for the purposes of giving direction and helps motivate a person’s action in a certain direction.

Having direction would make a great difference in a person’s life, because it not only motivates them to a certain goal but also makes them less depressed and happier than before. I think this is due to having more reason for what they are doing.

Yes, some concessions need to be made for my own and other peoples feelings sure. It's just hard to figure out.. ah how to explain. Like how much leeway should be given for each persons feelings since it's hard to understand and also the backlash or downsides associated with giving that leeway.

I guess one would need to stop internalizing others’ perspectives too much, or even trying to guess them too much. It can lead to further self absorption which is not a good thing if it’s making you more depressed or anxious

I guess what I’m trying to say is, ignore what people think and give an honest review of what people say, but don’t seek validation in their perspective. What people think and what their opinions are, most definitely their feelings, change like the wind

And if you have potholes in dealing with people, just see it as an experience that is yet to be reviewed, not judged too much beforehand

Also, I disagree with this statement for the most part In most cases, emotions are a reaction to something. If your dog dies, it's understandable for someone to be SAD. Pet dying = sad.
I guess I didn’t mean illogical thoughts only as ones based in emotions. Either way, emotional evaluations also have a tendency to be illogical at times, but objectively what I meant was, that emotional evaluations just like any other illogical thought or reaction, are common human things. Part of human nature. One merely experiences it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Makes a big difference writing it out. Maybe also write out what evidence you have for a certain thought. The objective is to check whether that thought is true, or you can challenge it

All I know is, evidence and research shows that method makes a person less depressed and happier. If contradicting thoughts in your head makes you more depressed or critical, that’s not the way to do it.

I’m Australian, and I was handed it by a counsellor when I was younger. Helped a lot with depression

I guess acceptance is required here, that you don’t have to calculate the possibility of the goal. Writing out goals in the long term and short term, is for the purposes of giving direction and helps motivate a person’s action in a certain direction.

Having direction would make a great difference in a person’s life, because it not only motivates them to a certain goal but also makes them less depressed and happier than before. I think this is due to having more reason for what they are doing.

I guess one would need to stop internalizing others’ perspectives too much, or even trying to guess them too much. It can lead to further self absorption which is not a good thing if it’s making you more depressed or anxious

I guess what I’m trying to say is, ignore what people think and give an honest review of what people say, but don’t seek validation in their perspective. What people think and what their opinions are, most definitely their feelings, change like the wind

And if you have potholes in dealing with people, just see it as an experience that is yet to be reviewed, not judged too much beforehand

I guess I didn’t mean illogical thoughts only as ones based in emotions. Either way, emotional evaluations also have a tendency to be illogical at times, but objectively what I meant was, that emotional evaluations just like any other illogical thought or reaction, are common human things. Part of human nature. One merely experiences it.
Alright. Thank you. I think I've done enough complaining for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts