Personality Cafe banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
185 Posts
Life is meant to teach us things through patterns. Some may or may not agree.

In my life I have noticed very specific patterns that happen over and over again, down to the details. It's kind of eerie seeing things play out this way.

I had a relationship with a man that started over the internet. We met in person. We fell in love. He cut me off. I was/am depressed about it.

I find another man on the internet. We are falling in love. We haven't met in person. He says the same things to me. He doesn't want to be like the last one. He wants to help me, fix me. I want someone to love.

I can see the same scenario happening over again. I just don't want it to end as the last one did.

Do you guys see these types of patterns in your life? Care to share?
I think there is truth to what you say, that life can bring up patterns, and it is important to learn from them.
But if there's anything life has taught me in my short life its that people are different, not everyone is the same, and sometimes when we say they are all alike its because we don't want to get hurt. That we are afraid of the past, and I understand that, maybe not more than anyone else. But I believed that if this one person left me because I wasn't good enough for them, then everyone else would have no harder of a time. And I was like you or I relate to what you said, feeling like you could see it all happening again. So I distanced myself, I kept as far away from people as I could, and I ended up worse than before. And finally when people came back into my life, people I barely knew but wanted to know me. I realized that not everyone is the same, but if you act like they are some people meant to be important in your life will disappear. Life is a risk, it might hurt but sometimes you have to take it, or you'll kick yourself for standing stagnate. I know it doesn't seem like it, but the pain and the hurt can help, it really can. It helps you not to make the same mistakes. And once you've learned from them, you keep the message, the warning signs, and you continue forward. Never forgetting the past completely, but letting it stay just there is the past

·
Registered
42 Posts
@Llyralen
To briefly further add on to the subject of mystery within Ni. I am sure we can go on an on and appear to many that we have gone off topic.
Ni actually like's mystery it's when Ni is stumped on something and can't picture what it is. No matter how many angles or possibilities we look at. Unable to figure out what it is. With the nature of Ni it's like staring at a TV turned off trying to recreate/visualize a show and can't recall a main character.
In comparison to Function like Ti it would be like not figuring out a answer to theory or something no matter how hard Ti thinks about it or how many books Ti reads about it. Just can't seem to find or figure out the answer or solution.
I'll look out for a thread if you start one, no preasure there at all. If you don't you don't :)

There's a lot more I would like discuss that was brought about in some of your conversations. I mentioned I will be brief and try to further the appearance of derailing.

Also I am curious as to why my last response was under Moderator review. I hope it's not because I edited it a few times, misspelling and wrong word. If so Moderator's will be kept busy

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Reactions: savart

·
Registered
42 Posts
How mysterious...
Just to clarify, it's me not you :rolleyes:. I have always wanted to say that.

Seriously though, when I was tagging your name in the post. Your name popped up, I thought when I clicked on it. That would it insert your name. I must of clicked on it wrong or mistaken. Cause I was sent to a thread or your profile page. Didn't realize what I had started writing was posted in the process.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
@Llyralen
To briefly further add on to the subject of mystery within Ni. I am sure we can go on an on and appear to many that we have gone off topic.
Ni actually like's mystery it's when Ni is stumped on something and can't picture what it is. No matter how many angles or possibilities we look at. Unable to figure out what it is. With the nature of Ni it's like staring at a TV turned off trying to recreate/visualize a show and can't recall a main character.
In comparison to Function like Ti it would be like not figuring out a answer to theory or something no matter how hard Ti thinks about it or how many books Ti reads about it. Just can't seem to find or figure out the answer or solution.
I'll look out for a thread if you start one, no preasure there at all. If you don't you don't :)

There's a lot more I would like discuss that was brought about in some of your conversations. I mentioned I will be brief and try to further the appearance of derailing.

Also I am curious as to why my last response was under Moderator review. I hope it's not because I edited it a few times, misspelling and wrong word. If so Moderator's will be kept busy
Some of us are still learning what the current PersonalityCafe formats and rules are. For years PersonalityCafe looked the same and it radically changed, I think a few months ago. But with the old rules and formatting you had to get to a certain amount of posts to have “deleting” privileges. I can now delete a post if I’d like to. They don’t let you delete threads and you can’t change the name of the threads. At any rate, i thought I’d turn it into a “mystery” for fun for this subject.

I actually made a post on the NF forum already. It’s true that the mystery/patterns of life/predictability all seem like variations of this same theme Im asking about. But I thought I’d ask outright. You have to click on “NFs” from the list where SPs,SJs,NTs is to actually see the NF forum. I have a friend who was on PersonalityCafe for years without knowing it was there, but I really like the NF forum. Sometimes I wish there were other ways to collaborate with other groups too, but discussing with the NFs is wonderful.

Reactions: savart
41 - 45 of 45 Posts