Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am in desperate need of some rationalization and advice and I figured I'd post my dilemma here. I will be eternally grateful if you could give me your advice and state the reasons why you think I should do so.

I am a 14 year old girl and I live with my parents, living as expatriates in a rich Muslim country from a third world one. 6 months ago, my parents decided to fund the arrival and stay of this man from our country, we'll call him X.

I have known X since I was a baby, as he used to live with us from time to time and take care of me. X is sentimental, illiterate and good for nothing, it cost my parents a fortune to bring him here and then make him attend driving school, they are trying to help him basically.
my mum convinced her employer to sign a contract with her that he will employ and sponsor X to drive her to and from work.After 6 months of toil from my parents, he finally passed his driving test, and thus now works with my mother.

The reason my parents have done all this is because they have known him for so long that they trust him completely, almost like a son, and want to keep a "promise" to the community that they will help him.

Last night, while I was sleeping, X came into my room and started rubbing my vagina. It woke me the fuck up and he sprinted away. I saw him and know with certainty that it was him as he has this joint condition that make them go *click* *click* if he walks too fast or runs. I have honestly never been so stunned in my life, for although I hated his stupidity he had been like a brother.
and here comes the dilemma. what do I do?

1) Tell my parents
2) Pretend I slept through it
3) Threaten him and deal with him without involving my parents.

1) My parents are religiously blinded nutcases. X prays everyday, and I'm not too sure they will believe me or take the right action. They have never had the backbone to make their own decisions and are perfect examples of "community sheep", have taken all their decisions according to what others have deemed right, they even got married that way. My dad and I are not close at all, and he is honestly an idiot, unemployed right now. My mother is the only person in the household with even a fraction of rational thought, but she will never take any decision using her head without consulting her bogus holy men first, so that isn't much either.

If I tell my mother about what X did, she will probably:
a)send him back (which will cost her a LOT of money, double at this time of the year and possibly cost my college tuition. When he leaves, I'll have to do all the household work)
b) She will Ignore it. worry about it nonstop but won't take any action.
c) Destroy any freedom I have , constantly stick by me to "protect" me, sleep with me at night, not let me go out anywhere.
d) Kill X. My mother sees herself as some sort of martyr and protector (INFJ), and also the most devout person I know, so this is a serious possibility.

2)I could pretend it never happened. But I don't fucking want to, I really want to make him pay, make him miserable. This isn't the first time I have been caught in a rut like this; about 5 years ago, my very rich uncle would lock me in his room, kiss and touch everywhere with his stinking mouth and dry hump me. I kept it quiet and only asked him to stop (which he did) as my parents were indebted to him and saw him as a second father (it was upon his wish that they both even got married.)

I have had self worth issues all my life, possibly rooted in all that. Last year, this man who lived next door stalked me to and from school for a week then grabbed at me in the elevator. I told my parents and all they did was quietly move to another apartment (just in the next building actually), thats about as non-confrontational they are. My dad is an ISXJ.

3) Threatening: The third option I have is going to him with a hidden knife, tell him I know what the fuck is going on and that he had better keep his hands off me, else I'll go to the police and he'll have his hands cut off (islamic regulations), or if he tries anything suspicious, he'll be caught instantly. I don't want to involve the police, plus we live in a ghetto-ish part of the city where all the houses are leased out illegally. He cooks often , and I don't know if he is fucked up enough try poisoning us all or kill us in our sleep.

So you see, I am trapped in a fucking circus. My mother said she won't fund my college education to some western nation because she fears I'll not live by her conservative ways and maybe get raped (and the irony that she is housing an illiterate man who touches her daughter's clit at night right under her snoring religion snorting nose makes me laugh).

I obviously hate my life.

I can't process all this rationally and come to any conclusion about what I should do, which is what I hope you will help me with. Please. Thank you. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
205 Posts
1. Tell your parents.

I believe this to be the most logical, as long as you know that they will believe you. If you have any substantial doubts, then I believe that this could only make matters worse for you. If you know your mom will do something in your favor, then this is the obvious choice.

2. Pretend I slept through it.

You didn't. X knows that, and more importantly you know that. Therefore this should not even be an option. Tell your parents if you must, but this option shouldn't even be considered.

3. Threaten him and deal with him without involving my parents.

Immediately, I agreed with this option over all the others. However. If you threaten him, there is a chance that he will turn the situation against you in either a physical or verbal (report you to your parents) manner. This could cause a lot of problems for you. Therefore, I believe that the following option is the best choice of action to be taken (assuming you firmly believe that your mom will not believe you and or take action).

4. Report him to social services.

Be it Police, or a member of some similar authority I believe that the middle man (you or your mom) should be cut out of the situation, for both your own safety and your families. There is one more option that I see possible.

5. Confront him in front of your family.

By doing this, your family can see both your pain, and his initial facial reactions upon hearing what you announce. This way you are not in harm by threatening him, and your parents are able to see everything unfold before their eyes. By choosing this option, your family as a whole can take action and X has a chance to keep his hands and learn a lesson. The problem with this, is that there is a possibility that they still will not believe you; although I see that as unlikely.

I'm truly sorry that this happened. I hope that my answers provided you with help, and I will gladly further elaborate on what aught to be done if you need further help.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Honestly, no matter which route you take, there will be drama and it will probably get intense.
Prepare for that.

I'd suggest telling your parents, maybe just your mom one on one first.
This seems like the most logical thing to me.

Keeping this a secret will not live well with you.
I don't think this is something that you should have to ignore, that's not fair.
It wasn't you who brought this man into the house.
If the parents have to send him away, then that sucks but he fucked up.
And he's their responsibility since they brought him in.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I think you should tell your parents. It's the safest and most effective option. This way someone else knows about it, which offers you some protection and hopefully your parents will do something about it. At the very least the issue will be raised with them and they will be aware of it. Are there any other authority figures that you trust? If so, it could be option to let them know.

Don't threaten him, it could get really messy, espeacilly if you bring a knife with you, it could end up that you're the one in trouble with the police, or it might even bring out a very nasty side in him. It's a very bad idea.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Tell him first that this will not be tolerated and if he doesn't want to get sent back he stops this right now. Knife should not be needed. Then Tell your parents, and tell them that you have spoken to this man and told him that, and wait for the fireworks. I am sure you can avoid having your mum sleep with you by putting a lock on your bedroom door.
It is clearly a very difficult environment, with all sorts of possible bad outcomes, but second-guessing what those outcomes are and taking no action because of might-be's leaves you with your original problem. You may well move on from this problem to different problems that need to be solved, but you can tackle these one by one. The important thing is progress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.