Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something I think I have notice to be a trend is that types with introverted function, Si for example, is retaining their activity in sensor while Se is always in some ways exercising their S. Same goes for thinking and feelings, Fi is only using feeling so much which is needed and nooo more and Ti the same, thinking to a end. While Fe and Te are always exercising their thinking, outward at least.

All the introverted function is trying to find ways to minimise their external use and extroverted function is always exercising.

True or false?

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
False.

My INTP brother always seem to be stuck in a Ti-Si loop. Always. ;)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The introverted functions, it is like I do not expect them to progress and if they do its giant leaps and hit or miss.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
False.

Stacking order (and individual maturity) determines how much a given function is exercised. Not the introversion /extroversion scale.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It's false, even though it's easier to spot an extraverted one.

·
Banned
397 Posts
you're half right, OP but we interact through our first extroverted function. so NPs talk through Ne, FJs talk through Fe, TJs talk through Te and SPs talk through Se.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well im thinking that the point of the introverted function is to limit the use of that function in the external world. Si seems to sort stuffs out in their head, "that guy is the baker, that person is the boat owner" ect but limit their use in the external world. Like seeing things objectively in the present.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They don't limit the use of introverted functions, they just don't use them as much in social environments (or anywhere when you need your extraverted functions). And, as other people said, extraverted functions are easier to spot than introverted ones.

I use Ni all the time, but very few people can see it. Because i confront people with Te (and i scare them before they have the chance to meet my Ni but that's another topic).

Where i can see your statment true is when extraverted people force introverts to be like them. But that only will make the introvert angry/sad/tired, depending on the person and how much pressure there is.

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is interesting. I've never considered looking at the way I present/extrovert myself and contrasting it with my preferred self-expression as a way of determining my function stacking.

This probably confirmation bias but I definitely note a tendency toward flippant goofiness and air-headed charm (Ne-Fe combo?) when I'm deliberately trying to make a good impression but it's crazy draining and I often have to take breaks which probably highlights the eccentricity more than the charisma. Anyway...

Anyway, interesting food for thought. I've no real opinion on the accuracy of your idea though. Sorry.

Reactions: cue5c
1 - 9 of 9 Posts