Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you know those cloud things that come out of people's heads in comics and such showing people's thoughts and ideas??? well, my mind creates so many of those that it can fill the entire sky. ^-^ anyways, i've noticed that a lot of people kind of copy my ideas. for example, we were supposed to make animals out of wire and i decided to incorporate beads and different colors of wire to make a turtle while everyone else was focusing on just using one type of wire. while i was doing my project, i began to notice that others were beginning to copy exactly what i was doing. eventually, at least half the class were making turtles with my bead and colored wire idea. i'm not sure if i was supposed to feel flattered that others liked my idea or just annoyed because they just copied me. =____=;

anyways, has anyone ever had this problem?? if so, do you guys find it annoying or flattering?? or, you just don't mind at all?? haha ^-^

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I can read peoples minds and copy and paste there ideas lolololol.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, I have alot of people copy my own original ideas.... Annoys me sometimes... That sometimes includes my music taste ><"

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
I H.A.T.E. it. Absolutely hate it. It's one of my main pet peeves amongst the many introverted especially NT types I hang with. I remember it broke a friendship up for TWO YEARS when I was in grade six because in art class my friend Dan (yes, we made up in high school) copied my stupid plastic stained glass window.

Immature? Probably. But I was 11.

Regardless, while I might be more tactful, less creative types need to work WITH us not against us when we talk about ideas.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think it's the highest form of flattery and it pushes you to constantly innovate to stay one step ahead.

"Buffett once told me there are three 'I's in every cycle. The 'innovator,' that's the first 'I.' After the innovator comes the 'imitator.' And after the imitator in the cycle comes the idiot, which makes way for the innovator again."

·
Registered
350 Posts
I always feel like I steal others' ideas. but I do actually improve them every time I do it. It's like that thing with the wire. Although it isn't my idea to make animals from it, you can bet I would use colored wires! :D I think this is what Ne is about. We can see potential in otherwise not so great things.

Reactions: tuna
1 - 7 of 7 Posts