Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for suggestions of people to type who most likely no one wants their type to be associated with theirs :happy:

Are there any people you know of that people would be uncomfortable typing? Do you know their type?

• hitler(infj) it's so bad that there's even a thread on why we shouldn't type him
  • himmler(isfj) almost as bad as hitler
  • anders breivek(intj) terrorist responsible for 77 deaths
  • osama bin laden(infj) surprised people didn't refuse to type him like hitler
  • joseph stalin (extj) he supposedly killed more people than hitler yet he hasn't gotten his own thread
P.S. these are only typings I've seen online. I'm not an expert and really want to learn about this process

Should we NOT type them? Should we ban/discourage people from trying to do so?

Big fat NOOOO. We cannot baby everyone into a bubble of disillusion and tell them the world is unicorns and rainbows.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Almost forgot. This is done in order to LEARN. Honestly, I know full well how messed ANYONE can be. We all know. We see ourselves as people who advocate education and shunning people from discovering unpopular knowledge is just stupid.

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
I don't think that it is wrong to type these people - for personal use. If spreading your typing of a certain person has a negative effect on how other people of the same type are perceived, you shouldn't do it, that's obvious to me. However, I have never seen anyone think less of a person because they have the same MBTI type as such a person. Still, I live in a country where the MBTI is not widely used.

The thing about typing people that aren't yourself and that you haven't interacted with is that you have limited information. You can't know for sure that your typing is correct, as you can't look into their heads. That makes that it really isn't worth the trouble and flame wars that come from trying to type people that are almost universally despised in my opinion.

EDIT: To clarify: I think that it would be wrong to use typings of these people in the same way we use typings of other famous people: to compare people to them. So if you think someone is an ENFP, ask them if they can see themselves in Mark Twain, not Fidel Castro.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Agreed, even us INFP's have plenty of skeletons in our closet haha. I would argue that in a way it's important to type these guys partly to remind ourselves that they were human as well and so'd still have a type.

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
No type is full of angels and people should just accept that.
Indeed. And in an ideal world people would do that. Pity that a lot of people take the 'people I like are of my type and people I dislike are of a type that I hate' approach.

I would say that it would be just as pointless to discuss the type of Ghandi or Martin Luther King: we know too little about them, and everyone will try to claim them on the grounds that everyone likes to be compared to them.

But if you find a place where people discuss these things more objectively... give me a call.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
This thread is for suggestions of people to type who most likely no one wants their type to be associated with theirs :happy:

Are there any people you know of that people would be uncomfortable typing? Do you know their type?

• hitler(infj) it's so bad that there's even a thread on why we shouldn't type him
  • himmler(isfj) almost as bad as hitler
  • anders breivek(intj) terrorist responsible for 77 deaths
  • osama bin laden(infj) surprised people didn't refuse to type him like hitler
  • joseph stalin (extj) he supposedly killed more people than hitler yet he hasn't gotten his own thread
P.S. these are only typings I've seen online. I'm not an expert and really want to learn about this process

Should we NOT type them? Should we ban/discourage people from trying to do so?

Big fat NOOOO. We cannot baby everyone into a bubble of disillusion and tell them the world is unicorns and rainbows.
Weird how all these typed killers are also Judgers and not perceivers. A friend and I were going through killers , sociopaths, psychopaths , typing them on our own. Exactly the same things, all Judgers. So does this say Judgers are more likely to hate, be unstable and suffer from mental Illness. I'm not saying it does, however If we typed them right, there seems to be a pattern with Judgers and hate. Not taking it too seriously, we did it for fun and came up with something that was a coincidence, or was it.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Weird how all these typed killers are also Judgers and not perceivers. A friend and I were going through killers , sociopaths, psychopaths , typing them on our own. Exactly the same things, all Judgers. So does this say Judgers are more likely to hate, be unstable and suffer from mental Illness. I'm not saying it does, however If we typed them right, there seems to be a pattern with Judgers and hate. Not taking it too seriously, we did it for fun and came up with something that was a coincidence, or was it.
Judgers simply get more shit done. :p

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Personally, I don't think that we should shy away from typing people that history tells us aren't exactly the most delightful people to begin with. In fact, I think it will spice up the discussion because perhaps we could be able to get some more insight into just how the minds of these people work, as well as perhaps a reference for what happens when cognitive functions go bonkers. Just a few examples: With Gandhi, we see one side of the Ni-Fe dynamic, whereas with Hitler and Osama bin Laden, we see another side. With the like of Napoleon and Julius Caesar (an ENTJ in my view), we see a better side of the Te function than with the likes of Stalin and Saddam Hussein.

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
I think that Judgers are more likely to try and impose their ideas on the world around them (So dictators, terrorists) since they have Fe or Te high in their stack. Percievers are more likely to indulge their personal curiosities and pleasures, I think (Extroverted perception) (So serial killers and rapists).

Josef Mengele : XNTP.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
@MuChApArAdOx I heard people type gaddafi, che, castro, and chavez as enfp. I also heard that Jeffrey dahmer could be inxp
And Charles Manson

But honestly, these individuals still have a personality, still have cognitive processes. If they were literally so crippled by mental illness that they couldn't function, I could understand not typing them. But unfortunately, these people could function.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
@MuChApArAdOx I heard people type gaddafi, che, castro, and chavez as enfp. I also heard that Jeffrey dahmer could be inxp
I don't know about gaddafi, che, or castro, haven't gotten that far, but thanks for the names, will def be doing some research. We did type Jeffery dahmer, we typed him as INFJ.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
And Charles Manson

But honestly, these individuals still have a personality, still have cognitive processes. If they were literally so crippled by mental illness that they couldn't function, I could understand not typing them. But unfortunately, these people could function.
We typed CM as some weird ESTJ with a knack for manipulating his T for F.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Did you get those typings from Celebrity Types? I don't know much about Chavez, but I'm pretty confident that Che and Castro are ENFPs. As for Gaddafi, I haven't seen much footage of him so I can't be sure.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Care to explain? I actually researched his life but I'm just not an expert at typing someone who tried turning his victims into sex zombies :happy:
After watching a few Interviews he is obviously an Introvert. We looked for signs of Te, Ne, and Fi. Listening to him speak we recognized the Ni, Fe and Ti. If there is any truth which I believe there is that we use our primary functions first , especially when expressing ourselves, JD uses Ni, not Ne.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
a few more people I'd like to see:

Kim Il Sung
Kim Jong Il
Kim Jong Un
Miley Cyrus
Justin Bieber

The last two are seen as esfp. How has no tried to type the Kim family?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts