Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all, really.
This includes fictional characters and people from the "real life".
I'm sure the INFJ folks have a certain gentleman they wish they could be rid of...

I'll go first and admit that I'm kind of not a big fan of Harry Crane from Mad Men. He's definitely either ENTP or INTP, and he's a really cocky and generally dislikeable guy (especially in the later seasons). What about you guys?

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,382 Posts
My dad and brothers, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I love them but they can be so narrow-minded and boring at times. Seems like it would kill them to step out of their comfort zone. They harshly judge or write off stuff they have no understanding of or never tried.

Fictional characters, none come to mind right now. Maybe Jay from Modern Family? Typical 1%er, snobby and judgemental, stuck in his ways. Or basically every cop and authority figure in horror movies who always play the role of the sceptic dick and ends up getting harshly killed because of it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I can't think of any really bad ENTP.
I don't even know one in real life. In fact I'm not able to discern N from S in people, let alone type them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure there are INFPs out there who are a-holes. I just don't know any of them...

I'm so annoyed by the assumption that Hitler was an INFJ. How on earth would anyone actually KNOW?!??!?
Professional psychologists have typed him. He said and did a lot of things which have been recorded. Same way we know Ferris Bueller's MBTI type. We examined his words and actions.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,418 Posts
Who has time to worry about that? Besides, what ENTPs aren't awesome? :tongue:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a INFJ girl and some INFJ guys sometimes make me want to avoid them. I only met one other INFJ girl that I know and she was pretty awesome.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Professional psychologists have typed him. He said and did a lot of things which have been recorded. Same way we know Ferris Bueller's MBTI type. We examined his words and actions.
This is illegitimate typing. Type reflects cognitive preferences, not necessarily behavior. There's no way for complete strangers to know whether someone's behavior reflects his cognitive preferences. People can act outside of character, and politicians are particularly prone to acting in public.

Reactions: Turi

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
This is illegitimate typing. Type reflects cognitive preferences, not necessarily behavior. There's no way for complete strangers to know whether someone's behavior reflects his cognitive preferences. People can act outside of character, and politicians are particularly prone to acting in public.
Yeah, very true and I'm sure all of us could use ourselves as an example of this.
I mean how many of us are truly 'ourselves' all of the time, in every situation, under all circumstances?

·
Registered
174 Posts
These girls that go and cry on tumblr about their mental illnesses and issues.....
Aren't INFJ supossed to have at least something in their brain?

Also, Hitler. even though i kind of feel bad for him..

·
Registered
987 Posts
I don't really care that there are awful people who are my type because they aren't representative or me, but this should be fun...

/Googles "famous INTPs"

Hm... Not that much truly botherso- Ben Stein?!

Ben Stein, if he is, in fact, an INTP. Eugkch...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts