Personality Cafe banner

People Of Your Type Who You Wish Weren't Your Type

3K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  neutralchaotic 
#1 ·
The title says it all, really.
This includes fictional characters and people from the "real life".
I'm sure the INFJ folks have a certain gentleman they wish they could be rid of...

I'll go first and admit that I'm kind of not a big fan of Harry Crane from Mad Men. He's definitely either ENTP or INTP, and he's a really cocky and generally dislikeable guy (especially in the later seasons). What about you guys?

#2 ·
My dad and brothers, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I love them but they can be so narrow-minded and boring at times. Seems like it would kill them to step out of their comfort zone. They harshly judge or write off stuff they have no understanding of or never tried.

Fictional characters, none come to mind right now. Maybe Jay from Modern Family? Typical 1%er, snobby and judgemental, stuck in his ways. Or basically every cop and authority figure in horror movies who always play the role of the sceptic dick and ends up getting harshly killed because of it.

#10 ·
I'm sure there are INFPs out there who are a-holes. I just don't know any of them...

I'm so annoyed by the assumption that Hitler was an INFJ. How on earth would anyone actually KNOW?!??!?
Professional psychologists have typed him. He said and did a lot of things which have been recorded. Same way we know Ferris Bueller's MBTI type. We examined his words and actions.

#20 ·
I don't really care that there are awful people who are my type because they aren't representative or me, but this should be fun...

/Googles "famous INTPs"

Hm... Not that much truly botherso- Ben Stein?!

Ben Stein, if he is, in fact, an INTP. Eugkch...

#21 ·
Can't think of anyone..maybe that jedi girl from the force awakens. she was just so impulsive and unlikable, no depth to her character. actually most characters who are actually typed as isfp are quite mellow (mistyped completely), there isn't much to like in a lot of them.

Tumblr users are quite annoying. Posting about mental illness does seem romanticised sometimes, but it probably comforts them that hundreds can relate to same post. The annoying posts are the ones that try and force beliefs on you. Those guilt tripping "stop scrolling" posts are gonna work on me. The feminist posts spammed on my dash a couple years ago, all these preachy posts about PC stuff. Like no one cares?? it has no effect on the real world whatsoever and no one is reading except people like you who are equally emotional and force about their beliefs as much as you. all it does it give the site a bad name. those types of tumblr users are probably NFs, idealistic, trying to be real world focused but it's really not. I eventually stopped following these blogs and it's so much better that way...rant over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.