Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...even after you've explained something to them, does it get on anyone else's nerves?

For example, I'm currently unemployed, so I have to borrow a little extra money from my mom every once and awhile. She typically gives me the money, but she always has to make a side comment like, "get a job." Well, after hearing that day after day, I eventually explained to her the reason I'm not looking for one(we're moving within the month, not sure where to and I'm not sure where to look for a job, plus I'm going to be gone for a week or so in a few weeks as well[you have a 30 day probation period at most jobs once you start...no calling in, no showing up late or it's an insta-fire...so going in saying, "oh btw, I'll be gone for a week or so in a couple of weeks" won't be the best incentive to hire me]).

Anyways, even after explaining it to her, she still continues with the "get a job" comments. It's really starting to piss me off.

This type of thing tends to happen to me a lot. People will make comments on my lifestyle/choices, I'll eventually get sick of it and take the time to explain myself to them and within a week they're back to making the same comments. I mean how many times to I have to explain this crap before they get the point and shutup?

Anyone else have this problem and does it grind your gears as much as it grinds mine? (I seriously feel like picking up a 50 pound block of cement and hurling it through my wall)

One explanation should be enough.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
People are idiots.

"So Khys, when are you going to have another baby?"

"Um...for the 100th time....genetic testing shows our kids have 1 in 4 chance of dying. remember my last kid? yeah. do i really need to explain this again? We're not having more kids!!!!!!!! *(@#$*(@#$&(*@#$&(#$!!!!!!"

Do people just ask questions to give their mouth something to do, or what?!?!

·
Registered
97 Posts
@xReBoRN7 that is what i call normal parents' NAGGING, why they do it....i've no fucken clue.
@Khys these are the sick people...they see you are content with your life and just want to make some comment about what is missing in your life according to their opinion....indeed bunch of madafakaaaahs

But let me tell you what is annoying... When ur friend tell u a story and then 1 week later, tell the exact same story... And even if you tell him/her "yeah you told me last week" and still they continue with the story #frustration

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
People are idiots.

"So Khys, when are you going to have another baby?"

"Um...for the 100th time....genetic testing shows our kids have 1 in 4 chance of dying. remember my last kid? yeah. do i really need to explain this again? We're not having more kids!!!!!!!! *(@#$*(@#$&(*@#$&(#$!!!!!!"

Do people just ask questions to give their mouth something to do, or what?!?!
You sound pregnant to me.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Erbse:2424677 said:
You sound pregnant to me.

lmao....pretty sure you're going to hell, man.

Reactions: n2freedom

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Yeah my mom was trying to hook me up with the fat female neighbor. I told her, 'no thank you". The next day she suggested I go talk to her, I said, "no." The third day she said it I said, "look I know you want me to be happy and whatnot but I'm just not interested in her at all." She said it again. I told her "fuck off retard." She complains "is that any way to treat your mother" I say, "when I have one as fucking stupid as this, yes." Needless to say I had enough.

·
Registered
124 Posts
People sometimes have to repeat themselves to me because my hearing sucks.

But I get what you're saying. My brother, when I was staying at his house a week or two ago (due to my misguided judgment that got me kicked out of my grandparents' house) kept telling me the same shit about getting a job (already had one, I was waiting on them to call me), not feeling sorry for myself (and it wasn't really that, I was just obsessively thinking over what happened) and how much my parents suck, all because I feel he just wanted me out of his house. So I got out of his house.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts