Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think people secretly tend to underestimate their real strengths. I think they should work on their strengths more when they recognize them.

(I'm NOT saying arrogance is acceptable, because arrogance is a bad quality)

I just mean that people should accept themselves more when they should.

It's only recently in my life when I FULLY realize that my imagination is actually my gift that I should appreciate all the time.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I think what can happen is that people are told at some point in their life, that doing something they love, just for themselves is selfish. So, they live with the negative inner belief that working on what they are good at (their strengths) is bad.

There are probably other inner beliefs too, but it is le sad. I think people should work on their strengths too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm definitely someone who underestimates their own abilities.. Having to learn how to come out of my shell and show others what I'm capable of!

Like others say, there are people who fit both descriptions (modesty and arrogance). The only advantage that the overconfident person has is that they are often way more active as a result. As Northwind says, the only way to gain confidence in yourself is to keep yourself busy. At the very least, it will enable you to see just how much you've underestimated your own power ;)

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
It took me years to realize that my flaws were just strengths out of balance. No one ever showed it like that to me growing up. Just "fix" things. That is so seriously fcuked up on so many different levels. What a waste of time.

·
Registered
Infj
1,018 Posts
i totally agree with you, people should be happy for their talents and recognize them more. I wish i did!
but i'm kind of confused at what my talents and strengths are...I think that because I'm constantly improving myself i never notice what I'm good at, i just notice all the negative that needs to be fixed lol
help me? do you know of any sub forums about talents that might help me with this issue? :D thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts