Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be a bit of dick thread, but I wanted to see if any other INTPs also get really annoyed by other people or the little things they do?

Some examples for me are:
- Grown adults whose default reaction is always to smile/chuckle, even when wholly unnecessary

- The above people telling me I "need to smile more ", also while smiling

- People who go out of breath while talking

- People who chuckle the slightest, go out of breath and start dry heaving

- People who mumble or talk under their breath

- Grown men/gym buffs who shuffle their feet and waddle like penguins

- Grown women who put on baby voices (in the workplace!)

- People who start talking even louder/over you when you input into a 1-on-1 conversation

- Certain non-English accents...

- Stingy, petty adults who won't admit they aren't stingy, petty adults

- People who try to make conversation with lame jokes, lame comebacks, lame topics. i.e. losers

Anyway, sorry for the bitchy rant. I've been holed up with these people for 12 hours on end every day for the last few months and it's driving me absolutely nuts. (It's also not surprising I don't have any friends! )
:tongue:
What about you fellow INTPs? Any people who annoy/disgust you or am I just a dreadful person?

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Hypocrites. Politicians (same thing, really). SJWs. People who define themselves by their food choices and talk incessantly about it. People who say "PIN number." People who say "cool beans." People who ask for advice and then ignore it. Basically... people in general.

·
King of Seduction
ENTJ
7,550 Posts
I have been interacting with so many people as of late that I think I got this one.

- People who kiss ass and it's obvious it's purpose is to butter someone up
.... Not sure if it annoys me because they suck at being a kiss ass, as it's obvious or just the general principle of kissing ass
- People who have an over the top abrasive personality - ie Diva or Alpha male because of a delusional sense of power
- People who are friendly and passive aggressive in an obvious way... where it's clear the friendliness is a front
- People in general who aren't genuine - say something while thinking another
.......I guess in summary fake and transparent people annoy me and people who have a sense of right/power annoy me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hypocrites. Politicians (same thing, really). SJWs. People who define themselves by their food choices and talk incessantly about it. People who say "PIN number." People who say "cool beans." People who ask for advice and then ignore it. Basically... people in general.
Ah yes, cool beans bro.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is going to be a LOOONG list;I have a lot to whine about. Thanks for creating this thread OP

- People who turn small things into competitions
...handshakes, weightlifting, other petty stuff.

- Obsessive/chronic one-uppers

-People who ask for me to do something and feel offended/surprised if I say no.

-Anyone who says "I hate drama", or says "drama" at all

-People who don't clean up after cooking (Like they cook and just leave their grubby pots/pans on the stove...why)

-People who withdraw from debate once they realize their point has been proven wrong, and instead of admitting defeat or agreeing with the person who's right, they either go deathly silent, fight harder, or start with the ad hominem attacks.
.....the worst is when they say something to the effect of "why does it even matter/why do you care" once proven wrong.

-People who can't fathom the idea that someone else can hold a separate opinion, and can't keep themselves from viciously attacking the other person until the opinion changes (which usually doesn't happen).

-People who say "don't judge me or him/her" when what they really want is to just not be judged negatively...You do weird or grody thing, you get called weird or grody. No sidestepping that.

-Parents who think they can "beat the gay" out of their child. (I know several parents like that, and feel for the children)

-Cocky gymbros that can't restrain themselves from giving you their godly, once in a lifetime advice/critique on your form.

-People who don't appreciate/want constructive criticism

-People who say "well it's just your opinion", after asking and listening to your opinion.

-People who try to prove you wrong and change your mind after asking for and receiving feedback.

-People who always have a reason + excuse for failing, instead of owning it.

-People who don't stand by what they say and don't stand up for their friends.

-People who confuse analysis with gossip/shit talking

-People who turn things into a physical altercation once they realize that their chances of winning verbally are slim.

-People who slam anyone else's hobbies

-Most of all...I HATE people who, even when they see you walking towards them, decide to stay in the middle of the walkway, forcing you do all sorts of maneuvers to get past. Is it that hard to take a step to the right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Loud, boisterous types who always feel that it's necessary to obnoxiously comment on how quiet we are/how we need to talk more.
Pro-tip: If you want an introvert to talk more, strike up a conversation with them. Don't just talk among your friend group and expect the introvert to jump in. Engage them in conversation one-on-one, ask them questions. Humiliating them for being quiet doesn't do favors for anyone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
-People who judge others by their looks, beliefs sexuality or other stuff like that
-People who always feel the need to talk, and talk over others
-People who are to nosy
-People who always try to blame others for their mistakes even when it was clearly their fault

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
-about "certain non-English accents": yes... But then I remember I'm not English and my accent is horrible. My own accent annoys me so much.
-people who try to make you more talkative/sociable by constantly repeating you should talk and smile more. You'd think at some point it should be painfully obvious for everybody this is not going to help anyone...
-people who expect you to keep the conversation going while not trying to do the same
-people so stuck up on things they don't even want to hear you offering an explanation, to say nothing of listening to the argument itself; also, people who keep using the "because I think so", "because it's wrong" (damn, but WHY is it wrong?) "It just is and if you don't think it is then you're wrong/bad person". Generally this kind of people who are somehow completely devoid of the ability to see something from an even slightly different point of view.
-people who base their own or other peoples' authority on such abstract things like age or position in hierarchy like teacher>student (I think I've heard "I'm not obliged to explain anything to you but you are obliged to obey and don't ask why" from one of my teachers at least five or six times a year. The same goes for the "respect old people" thing. Why? They may well lived their whole lives being assholes, idiots, slackers. If they turn out to be wise, heck yeah, I'll respect them. But not for the fact of them being 80 years old.
-people who don't understand that there are all sorts of personalities and not everybody has to be this-or-that. Those who look at, let's say, introversy like it's a disorder.
-People who base their whole opinion about you on the first impression or a single fact they know (age, gendet, sexuality, hair color, whatevet). And think that's the ultimate truth.
-people who seem to not understand the word "no".

There are more. So many more.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
There are a lot of people who annoy me, but i find the absolutely worst ones to be those who claim 'qualities' or 'special features' about themselves when instead those 'features' are nothing more than normal things all people get, while at the same time stating them with an air of triumph.

Examples:

"I'm usually a very nice person, but if you get me angry..."

"When people try to fool me, i don't like it."

"I'm not like everyone else."

Whenever i hear any of those, i snap immediately on the inside. My first instinct is to burst in "WHAT THE FUCK ISN'T THAT OBVIOUS!? DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE!? OK TELL ME HOW IN PRINCIPLE THIS COULD BE EVEN POSSIBLE FROM AN EVOLUTIONARY POINT OF VIEW YOU DISGUSTING SACK OF SHIT ARE YOU REALLY THAT EMPTY!?", but just a millisecond before my mouth explodes i remember how it would be impossible, even with the most perfectly calm flawless indestructible kind of logic, to convince them, and i immediately try to get away from them, as far as my possibilities allow me in the moment.

·
Registered
INTP
630 Posts
SLUUUURPP, Ahhhhhhh, smack, smack,smack. SLUUURP, Ahhhhh, smack, smack. SLUUURP, Ahhhhhh, smack, smack, smack, SLUUURP, .....

·
Registered
INTP
630 Posts
SLUUUURPP, Ahhhhhhh, smack, smack,smack. SLUUURP, Ahhhhh, smack, smack. SLUUURP, Ahhhhhh, smack, smack, smack, SLUUURP, .....
This is closely related to:
"clip, clip, clip clip.. clip.. clip,clip...clip, clip,clip".
Hhhmmmmm?, I swear to all that is holy in the world and beyond if I walk by your cube and you have your socks off I will .. "Arrggggggg!".

"Yes your honor that is when I ...."

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
social justice warriors...

you know the type that fill up disability communities to the point you've got no space, because you're not an asexual, agender, otherkin and these whiny, snot nosed brats obsessed with ists and isms, that over use literally and vile, and have all the boxes checked... can't be bothered to organize or protest because it's too triggering, boohoohoo, while hitting you up for your last dollar because mumsy and daddikins canceled their credit cards, because the patriarchy and ableism, as although they've supported them in becoming michael moore's stand-in, they've drawn the line at doctor shopping, so they can adopt the latest medical or sociocultural, political fad.

·
Registered
INTP
7,024 Posts
People who annoy me?

Idiots who just have to talk. Specially when they try to add something to an intelligent topic, and they clearly only said it because... they just have to talk.

·
Registered
INTP
7,024 Posts
social justice warriors...

you know the type that fill up disability communities to the point you've got no space, because you're not an asexual, agender, otherkin and these whiny, snot nosed brats obsessed with ists and isms, that over use literally and vile, and have all the boxes checked... can't be bothered to organize or protest because it's too triggering, boohoohoo, while hitting you up for your last dollar because mumsy and daddikins canceled their credit cards, because the patriarchy and ableism, as although they've supported them in becoming michael moore's stand-in, they've drawn the line at doctor shopping, so they can adopt the latest medical or sociocultural, political fad.
Hahahaha, amazing.

Do you mean, the people who try so hard to be 'different' with various labels and issues etc, that instead of accepting them, you just want to tell them to fuck off and get their head out of their arse?

They annoy me too. :happy:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts