Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
well what do you mean by overenthusiastic?
My humor mostly total smartass, with deadpan, a few race jokes and being able to say things in a manner where you can't tell if i'm being serious or not (and I love the zings too). So of course not all people will find my humor funny, but most people laugh so I can't really complain.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well what do you mean by overenthusiastic?
My humor mostly total smartass, with deadpan, a few race jokes and being able to say things in a manner where you can't tell if i'm being serious or not (and I love the zings too). So of course not all people will find my humor funny, but most people laugh so I can't really complain.
Well when me and my friends have a joke around I get quite hyper and I think some times it comes off to people (not my friends) as overenthusiastic and strange, especially as some of the jokes I say only my friends understand because they were there when the event I am referring to happened.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I decided to start this thread, because even though I get on with a lot of people, there are some that just don't understand my humor at all.

I think they find my enthusiastic jokes overpowering and strange, and they give me funny looks when I crack one.

Anyone else in this situation?
I feel ya. Except they don't understand because they don't even realize I'm trying to make it a joke. Especially momma, "You're so mean to me." I like people that like it though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't totally be yourself around everyone. You will learn that people will not accept EVERY part of you. That is why it's important to have others in your life that will accept every part of you..... over-enthusiasm and all.
Totally agree with you, its great to feel like you can just be you, warts and all (if yu get ma groove) xD

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ok, ya'll just made me laugh. :)

Some people don't get my jokes. I have gotten better at deciphering who I think might get it and who won't. My parents, for example, may not always get my humor. My brother always gets my humor and my other brother almost always gets my humor. My children ALWAYS get my humor (although, the sensitive one sometimes gets offended) and my husband gets it about 95% of the time. Once in awhile he has to pull up the urban dictionary HAHA! He has become pretty witty, himself. Even my step children catch my drift!

And there are times when I the only one laughing and I am only cracking myself up.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I can relate.

I find a lot of time I don't find their humor amusing. I understand it but I am almost grimacing at the thought of smiling at it. Do you think their humor is funny? Do you understand their humor?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I don't know how many times a week i just wanna say "Actually that was really fucking funny and you should be laughing!"

example: last week some posted on facebook they were going to the prague the capital of the czech republic and i posted "i'll have to czech it out sometime" and noone even eacknowledged it...come one that is funny!

IF people don't have a sense of humour i won't even bother with them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I don't know how many times a week i just wanna say "Actually that was really fucking funny and you should be laughing!"

example: last week some posted on facebook they were going to the prague the capital of the czech republic and i posted "i'll have to czech it out sometime" and noone even eacknowledged it...come one that is funny!

IF people don't have a sense of humour i won't even bother with them.
HAHAHAHAHA! Okay, that is pretty funny. I would have replied! That is the type of quick witted things that I like.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I can relate.

I find a lot of time I don't find their humor amusing. I understand it but I am almost grimacing at the thought of smiling at it. Do you think their humor is funny? Do you understand their humor?
Are you saying that you don't find what they posted earlier amusing? I might have grimaced but I still laughed. I had something really disgustingly gross happen today that was so funny that I made sure I shared it just before supper so I could watch the kids mouths drop in horror. It is so gross, though, that I won't mention it here. All I can say is that I had to give the cat a bath. lol!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Are you saying that you don't find what they posted earlier amusing? I might have grimaced but I still laughed. I had something really disgustingly gross happen today that was so funny that I made sure I shared it just before supper so I could watch the kids mouths drop in horror. It is so gross, though, that I won't mention it here. All I can say is that I had to give the cat a bath. lol!
No, no. People who don't understand your humor, not the people in the thread.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts