Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is our world so messed up? Because 70% of people are sensors and feelers. They have failed in being human because the difference between an animal and a human is abstract thought (neocortex). If I hurt your feelings, that just proves my point in how selfish you are, if you'd rather suppress the truth to avoid criticism.

I don't believe personalities are set in stone. I believe it's only the result of which part of the brain you're using. I can be a temporary ESFJ if I want to. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Right. Okay. Well I'd like you to study life a little more.

I'm thinking very young NT.

Possibly even young ST.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Why is our world so messed up? Because 70% of people are sensors and feelers. They have failed in being human because the difference between an animal and a human is abstract thought (neocortex). If I hurt your feelings, that just proves my point in how selfish you are, if you'd rather suppress the truth to avoid criticism.
So decisions like destroying forests, carbon footprint, oil spill in oceans, industrial steady destruction of nature and environment are decisions made by sensors feelers? I don't think these decisions were anything but very cold hearted - profit oriented and not in the least concerned about feelings.

Haha so you hurt my feelings, and i'm selfish? do you need a hug? do you feel a little grumpy? (i hope you don't get offended by the word "feel" :laughing:)

I don't believe personalities are set in stone. I believe it's only the result of which part of the brain you're using. I can be a temporary ESFJ if I want to. To think otherwise is ridiculous.
Yeah, it's not set in stone, you can deal with things with any kind of function and you can develop all functions. But there'd always be a preference, which functions do you prefer to use. If you make a choice of being someone, who'd you rather be? I'd rather be myself. I'd rather do the things that i do naturally and effortlessly, what's ingrained in me is the easiest way to be.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
So decisions like destroying forests, carbon footprint, oil spill in oceans, industrial steady destruction of nature and environment are decisions made by sensors feelers? I don't think these decisions were anything but very cold hearted - profit oriented and not in the least concerned about feelings.
The planet doesn't have feelings.

That statement of fact doesn't mean I don't care about the planet.

As to feeling sensors making those decisions... based on the people I have worked with in the past, yes, I could imagine them making similar decisions. I've never really thought about it until now... and my conclusion saddens me.

·
Registered
979 Posts
"I don't believe personalities are set in stone. I believe it's only the result of which part of the brain you're using. I can be a temporary ESFJ if I want to. To think otherwise is ridiculous."

let me point out your errors: "if i feel so, I AM!"

"Why is our world so messed up? Because 70% of people are sensors and feelers. They have failed in being human because the difference between an animal and a human is abstract thought (neocortex). "

you just used feeler logic yourself.. =) (hypocrite)

a person who uses their T function properly, would realize, that everything is set in stone, except feelings. (this includes, ahem, your type!)

"If I hurt your feelings, that just proves my point in how selfish you are, if you'd rather suppress the truth to avoid criticism."

now that ive criticesed you, i hope you dont break your _promise_.

As to the opening post... sounds like feelings.
thats what im saying too. =)

Reactions: The Empyrean

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, all these things are done by either sensors, feelers and/or extraverts. Because they lack the ability of abstract reflection which causes their blindness of the impact of their actions on others and the environment. Their thinking is very short-term, limited to their subjective perception. They don't see the harm of profit, because they simply can't imagine the consequences abstractly. A thinker on the other hand is not cold (but not warm either). If you see a cold thinker, that's not a thinker, but the dark side (alter ego) of a feeler. My sister is a sensor and a feeler. She is the coldest person I know. A total icequeen towards the people she dislikes, but when I see her with her friends, she is transformed into a warm, loving butterfly. Hot and cold are two sides of the same coin. Hence, all these cold apathic actions are done by feelers.

Soldiers in Iraq are also sensors and feelers. They believe they are doing God's work, protecting beauty and freedom. They must be icecold to the people they kill as to protect those they love at home. You won't find thinkers or intuitives in a soldier's uniform. They question their commanders too much.

Also, you are an NF. Intuition is your dominant function, not feeling. Intuition is the perceiving counterpart of thinking. Hence, my post is not directed at you, which is evidenced by the fact that you can still smile after being criticized.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Yep, all these things are done by either sensors, feelers and/or extraverts. Because they lack the ability of abstract reflection which causes their blindness of the impact of their actions on others and the environment. Their thinking is very short-term, limited to their subjective perception. They don't see the harm of profit, because they simply can't imagine the consequences abstractly. A thinker on the other hand is not cold (but not warm either). If you see a cold thinker, that's not a thinker, but the dark side (alter ego) of a feeler. My sister is a sensor and a feeler. She is the coldest person I know. A total icequeen towards the people she dislikes, but when I see her with her friends, she is transformed into a warm, loving butterfly. Hot and cold are two sides of the same coin. Hence, all these cold apathic actions are done by feelers.

Soldiers in Iraq are also sensors and feelers. They believe they are doing God's work, protecting beauty and freedom. They must be icecold to the people they kill as to protect those they love at home. You won't find thinkers or intuitives in a soldier's uniform. They question their commanders too much.

Also, you are an NF. Intuition is your dominant function, not feeling. Intuition is the perceiving counterpart of thinking. Hence, my post is not directed at you, which is evidenced by the fact that you can still smile after being criticized.

Please, tell me more.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
everyone has, and is controlled by, emotions--those that aren't aware of this have the heaviest yokes.
Well yeah. I am very emotional. I observe my emotions but I don't make judgements on them. One who suppresses his/her emotions cannot be a thinker, for suppression implies judgement. Judgements based on emotions is feeling. Religious people are experts on suppressing their emotions. Religious people are not thinkers, hence feelers.

The people who supported the War on Terror because they saw the Two Towers come down on 9/11 were all feelers and sensors. They felt negative emotion so they immediately responded/reacted with negative judgement.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Well yeah. I am very emotional. I observe them but I don't make judgements on them. One who suppresses his/her emotions cannot be a thinker, for suppression implies judgement. Judgements based on emotions is feeling.
suppression is hardly conscious, and if any judgement is made, the person is usually not aware of it--or at least of the real reason for the suppression.

"judgement based on emotion is feeling":

the feeling function most likely does spring from emotion in a much more conscious form than thinking does, but it takes a relatively conscious feeling orientation and extrapolates and evolves from such, moving above base feelings in order to form a judgement.

(semantics)

from there, we can say that the suppression of emotions leads to an unconscious, lower form of feeling judgement--and the rationale for the judgement that is taking place is far removed from the person's mind, but is not gone entirely. the suppression hasn't rid that person of the ability to "judge in a feeling oriented way", it has just robbed them of the ability to do so in their "right mind".

"i observe them [emotions] but i don't make judgements on them":

well, maybe you should. all of this is about taking what we deny exists within ourselves and bringing it into being--it's painful, it's terrible, but not doing so is even worse.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
If you have a different explanation, please tell me.
Common sense. To realise that the world isn't as simple as that.

I mean, if we could all blame everything on the sensing, feeling, and extraverted types, it would make life easier because then at least we know who to throw the rocks and various meats at. But alas! You have found the reason to all our problems as a human race. Thank you. I bow to your greatness. I'm sorry for my destruction in the world.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nope, nothing is set in stone. There are only possibilities and probabilities. Predeterminism is a typical feeler/sensor philosophy.
just pointing out your stupidity: its more function related than dichtome related. Te's have this magical thinking that the reality is ununderstandable. look at nfp's, they live in a magical worlds. estj's, they too. and intj. just look around for intj's, who believe in iq and other silly magical concepts, and perhaps even astrology! and even if you disprove them with evidence, they just get all angry and ignore you, because their predetermined world view was proven wrong.

i cant see any value for that philosophy of yours, we just exist, simple as that. no need to think about it.

Well yeah. I am very emotional. I observe my emotions but I don't make judgements on them. One who suppresses his/her emotions cannot be a thinker, for suppression implies judgement. Judgements based on emotions is feeling. Religious people are experts on suppressing their emotions. Religious people are not thinkers, hence feelers.

The people who supported the War on Terror because they saw the Two Towers come down on 9/11 were all feelers and sensors. They felt negative emotion so they immediately responded/reacted with negative judgement.
actually, i know an entp adventist. an intj astrologist. and.. who cares.

Reactions: Aya the Abysswalker
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.