Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only really seem to do it when I'm romantically attracted to someone. How does it work for others? Did you go through changes in the way in which you miss people, in life?

It feels like slowed down anxiety/stress (a kind of (sometimes) jittery vacume), for me. Which is curious. And that feeling expands in a good way when I'm around them.

What is the science of missing someone?

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I tend to miss people I enjoy the company of, not just those I'm attracted to. If I can have a good time with someone, I like seeing them. But then, if I spend long periods of time with anyone, it feels like I'm being suffocated. Plus, I have the bad habit of completely withdrawing sometimes.

Maybe it's that you feel said person treats you better than other people do so you like their company more?

·
Registered
132 Posts
i usually dont miss people. honestly when i am away from home i miss my dogs the most by far. But i have a tendency to withdraw for even weeks at a time. I dont require much social activity. But i do make an effort to keep in touch with friends at least once a week even if i dont want to, usually with a phone call. Because i do eventually come around and like some company, at least for a little while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts