Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is directly taken from @zallla's threads (Fours and Sixes). I thought it was a good idea so I'm introducing it into the Seven forum and possibly all the rest of them. Be as descriptive and detailed as you wish! Feel free to add extra questions!

A. Who are you in PerC terms? Tritype with wings, subtypes, cognitive functions/MBTI type etc.

B. What do you think made you a Seven? How can your Sevenish nature be seen?

C. What do you do for living? What would you like to do?

D. What are the most important things in your life?

E. What kind of anxiety and fears do you recognize having?

F. How and why do you like to deepen your self-knowledge?

G. What do you think of spirituality?

H. What do you dream about in your life?

I. What are the biggest challenges in your life?

J. What kind of music, movies, novels etc. do you like?

K. Do you find general descriptions of Sevens good? If not, why?

Feel free to post a picture of you!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Goodness these are a lot of questions.

A. I'm an ENTP. 7w8

B. I don't think anything made me a seven (as far as life situations go). I've been this way for as long as I can remember &, from listening to my childhood stories, long before that.

C. I'm in high school (graduating in 3 mo. WOOT WOOT! ;)) And I plan on studying Computer Science & Physics in college. I like 2 do anythng as long as it's interesting (& legal & not a sin)

D. God, family, friends, knowledge (I'm really tempted to say sleep, but that may just be b/c I really wanna take a long nap right now)

E. Lose of control, being in a hopeless situation, being in intense emotional and/or physical pain, something happening to my little sister, my family suffering, & werewolves (I know they don't exist, but whatever)

F. I used 2 take a lot of personality tests/quizzes, but since I discovered MBTI I stopped (mostly). I like doing it b/c I like myself and self-discovery is interesting.

G. I don't quite know what you mean by this. I'm pretty spiritual & a proud Christian; so, I guess I'm in favor (depending on the question)

H. For my life- I want to be happy, to experience a lot of things, that my family will be happy & that i'll be wealthy so I can do what I want w/o worry & help others who need it.
What I dream of - everything

I. My life us going well, I really have nothing worth complaining over. But I need 2 work on having an accurate view of myself (on terms of not comparing my intelligence to those around me)

J. I have eclectic tastes in music. I have everything in my iTunes library (except country & rap). I mostly listen 2 indie, mellow stuff, but metal has a special place in my heart. I love action & comedy movies (Gladiator & Iron Man are my favorite movies). I'll read anything as long as the characters don't irritare me too much.

K. I just got into Ennegram theory and I don't think I've read enough (of both 7s & evryone else) to give an accurate opinion.

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spades

A. Who are you in PerC terms? Tritype with wings, subtypes, cognitive functions/MBTI type etc.

7w6 4w3 8w9 Sp/Sx.
I've sort of given up on MBTI and JCF's currently.

I don't fit the Seven stereotype at first glance, but I fit the core of it. I have a lust for life, I'm enthusiastic and have a wide variety of interests. Because my Sp instinct is so strong, I'm quite introverted, and I'm also very introspective. My sevenish nature can easily be seen if you observe me and watch how excited I get about trivial things. I'm responsible and independent, which for some reason people don't associate with 7's. Stereotypes suck balls.

I'm currently in my last term of my undergrad career. I study computational science and chemistry, and I've done research in chemical physics and quantum control. I've applied to grad school for neuroscience which is completely different from anything I've ever done =P I hope to dabble in many, many fields throughout my life. The more interdisciplinary, the better. I also hope to pursue more intense training in meditation or yoga.

Ideas. Learning. My own spirituality. Self-discovery. Freedom. Independence. Keeping an open mind. Happiness. Experience. Understanding. Wisdom. Bliss.

I have a nervous/excited energy. It's usually a good thing, but it can get overwhelming if I have a lot to do. One of my biggest fears is being physically or mentally ill/disabled/uncomfortable. I have a very strong mind-body connection and the two affect each other so much. Basically, I don't enjoy the limitations of my own body on my psyche, but I must come to terms that I'm not a mind in a vacuum.

Self-knowledge is everything. If one doesn't understand their basic motivations and reactions, they won't be able to change them. I believe knowing different perspectives is key to detaching from one's own bias and freeing oneself. I've been practicing meditation for years, mostly casually on my own time. I also dabble in less conventional methods of mind exploration which have helped me gain interesting and valuable perspective.

I believe it's a personal thing. No one should adopt anyone else's spiritual views. It's very important to me personally, but it doesn't need to be for everyone. I have no religious ties, but I'm deeply interested in the workings of the mind, and anything considered "mysterious" or "mystical". I dabble in different views, but don't hold anything as truth, just as an interest.

To know myself. To understand and see clearly. To be accepted for who I am and not be judged. To speak my mind freely. To have insight and wisdom. To not be affected by the negative trivialities of life. To have no regrets and no fears.

I think the only challenge in my life is overcoming fear. I constantly push myself to do what's uncomfortable, to get out of my comfort zone, to get over my fears. I see it as a form of training. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest, not in fear and avoidance. I never see myself as escapist, I think I face things head-on, but I have a blind spot where I don't even realize how much I dismiss them sometimes.

I like electronic music, in particular anything chilled out or psychedelic. I don't read or watch movies much, but when I do, I like very thought-provoking and psychological themes.

I didn't at first, but once I learned how to ignore half the buzzwords, the descriptions aren't so bad. When I keep in mind that there are 7776 enneagram combinations (taking into account tritypes and subtypes), it makes sense that descriptions can never be truly accurate. I'm thinking of writing one myself and I also don't mind this one.

L. Feel free to post a picture of you!

I'm actually a fairy.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

ENFP , 7w6, 3w2, 9w8, either so/sx or sx/so, probably the former

I've loved pranks and fun since I was little. I was very adventurous and independent as a kid. Not too much has changed. In the public eye, my 3w2 is probably more evident and I can come off as a bit shy, maybe even aloof.

Interning. I think I would like to do something psychology-related, but exciting.

Friends, family, laughing, fun, connecting, mischief, honesty, compassion, challenging myself.

I just wrote about this in the fear thread - "I get afraid of being bored (I just see my life passing me by and I freak out thinking of doing something I don't enjoy day after day after day) and I also get afraid when I'm in a situation where I'm being assessed and judged. This is a vicious cycle, because in order to do well during assessments, it's usually the case that you need to put in some time doing boring things."

I look to other people - what they do that I can learn from, what I admire about them, what they have to say about me. Then I make myself work on what I agree with, even if it's slow. I read a lot, too.

I was much more spiritual when I was younger. It's not really something I pursue in the traditional sense now, but I think it's a very individual thing. I think I live with integrity, I love people, and especially people who have morals and values and strive to make the world a better place.

I dreeam about where I'll be in the future. I dream of continuing to impact other people in a positive way, being happy and fulfilled, with people/places/things that I love. Yeah, this is helpful I think I'm definitely a 3w2, I was debating 3w2 or 4w5.

oooh, getting personal. Pushing myself to keep going and not holding back on things or parts of myself because I'm afraid of what could happen. I think I took too many breaks sometimes where I was just inactive because I'm afraid of getting "burned out", but I think that's stupid, and I'm trying not to do it anymore.

I like all kinds of music. Probably not opera. I love movies of all kinds, too, especially comedies and action movies and movies where things just happen naturally and true to real life, which is really hard to find.

Some of them portray 7s as a bit too irresponsible and avoidant than I have found in real life. There are some that are very avoidant, but I think I've been more comfortable confronting things. I think 7s are more open to change than many other types, even changing things within themselves that need to be changed.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
7w649 sx-sp xSFP

I don't know that it can be seen actually. I come across people as someone with a very positive optimistic disposition and what's going on inside is unseen and quite different a lot of the time. I believe 7s are the masters of wearing masks of positivity when inside we suffering. We do this trying to do whatever we can to not be a burden on others as we see it as our jobs to lift people up and not bring them down and this is one way it's done I guess. Escaping pain is also something I've mastered through distractions, future plans for fun stuff to do, drugs, whatever you can think of really. The 6 wing probably comes in when I'm actually not "running" from pain but facing it head on and I'm getting much better at.

I'd rather not say what I do as I have to give it up now anyway, but I'd like to play music for a living as unrealistic as it may be at the moment (surgery), I still want to go far with it. I have the opportunity, so why not?

Happiness, health, people I can tolerate! XD And now more so than ever, stability.

Death. That my condition will worsen in the future and be right back where I was just 3 years ago.

Failing at life trying to be someone else and ending up miserable as a result.

Meh.

Success and happiness.

Health and finances.

It'd be easier to say what I don't like XD

NO!! They make it sound like we're happy go lucky party animals, and a definite reason to mistype. Luckily the book I first encountered the Enneagram in was more specific and not stereotypical so I didn't mistype like I did with MBTI.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ENFP; 7w8, 2w3, 9w8

I'm really not sure what made me this way. But my 7 can be seen in my skittishness, my sense of adventure, pleasure-seeking, love of excitment, etc.

I'm a cashier. I would like to write screen plays, act, or teach when I'm older.

Difficult question....I'd say at the root of it, that would be family, close friends, and sense of self.

I used to have a lot of issues with anxiety and fear. Now I've gotten a lot healthier, so I'm not really subjected to it anymore. I guess my fear would be have to be faced with all of that anxiety and fear again!

I like to do a lot of introspection. And I like to read up on psychology, most especially the works of Carl Jung. There are also some poets and such that I like to read up on, as I feel that they express many thoughts that I have in an intriguing and creative way (such as Allen Ginsberg). I feel as though those things help me understand myself more. And I think that a sense of self-knowledge is very important to be a healthy human being.

I seperate spirituality from religion. I'm not religious, but I do look forward to being more spiritual. I'm not quite there yet, but I have developed a love of our 'creator', and an appreciation for the world that was placed around us.

Just having a nice future.

I've faced so many tougher challenges, that I can't say I have any big ones anymore. I appreciate every obstacle I encounter as a learning experience.

My favorite music is rock, my favorite bands- The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Def Leppard, The Monkees, etc.
I love comedy or like dark/violent/gritty movies. My favorites are West Side Story, Goodfellas, Superbad, etc.
My favorite books are typically mystery, or others with some sort of fantasy or sci-fi element. My favorites are the Ender's Game series, Harry Potter series, Docter Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, etc.

Yes, I do. I think that all types have their positives, and their things that they can improve on.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
A. Who are you in PerC terms? Tritype with wings, subtypes, cognitive functions/MBTI type etc. 7w8, 4w5, 8w7 SP/SX, ISTP

B. What do you think made you a Seven? How can your Sevenish nature be seen? I'm not quite sure...

C. What do you do for living? What would you like to do? I tutor part-time, teach taekwondo classes part-time, and I'm a student. I'd like to write for a living.

D. What are the most important things in your life? Time to myself, and knowing decent people.

E. What kind of anxiety and fears do you recognize having? I have a fear of growing old, and to some extent, going out on my own.

F. How and why do you like to deepen your self-knowledge? I observe how I act and take mental notes on it... When the same issue comes up later, I'm able to compare how I acted the first time to how I acted the second time and see which one fit me better. I like to because it makes me run smoother and more efficient, and when I know myself, I'm happy :)

G. What do you think of spirituality? I believe in God, but I don't try to push my beliefs on other people. I think that spirituality is a decision someone has to make on their own, for their own reasons. I believe in religious freedom and hope it doesn't go away.

H. What do you dream about in your life? A dream about having a nice relationship, a moderately successful career, and some time to go do the things I want to do. Normal stuff.

I. What are the biggest challenges in your life? Battling procrastination, taking things seriously, making friends. Especially that last one. I don't easily open up and therefore it's hard for me to make friends.

I'll listen to anything, music-wise, as long as I can understand the lyrics. I like action movies or comedies, and science-ficitiony books.

yes

·
Registered
132 Posts
7w6 8w7 3w2 ENTP

I'm not sure that anything made me a 7; I think I just am. I'm energetic, smiley, playful, and loud. I enjoy learning about new things, even if it's only to discover that it doesn't really interest me.

I flit from career to career, trying to find something that can maintain my interest, provide intellectual stimulation, and also allow me to feel good about what I'm doing. It's not easy for me to find what that is.

Family, friends, autonomy, being amused.

I like to keep people at arms length. Until recently, I didn't care that this tendency of mine makes it very hard to give all of myself to a relationship (friendship or romantic). In fact, it was kind of the point. If I didn't give all of myself then I could limit my exposure to potential pain. It's only recently become obvious to me that it also prevents actual happiness and that freaks me out a little.

I like MBTI and Enneagram typing because it makes me feel like it might actually be possible for someone to understand me.

I'm spiritual, but agnostic.

I dream of being content and no longer chasing the next shiney object.

Myself. Specifically, my procrastination, lack of followthrough, and my walls that keep me guarded.

I'm open to most genres of all of these and have pretty eclectic taste. I like songs/movies/books that make me laugh a/o evoke an emotional response. I have no interest in artists whose songs all sound the same, or books/movies whose plots I've already read/seen 15 times - specifically generic suspense books and romantic comedy movies.

'Good' is a relative term. The ones I've read are a pretty accurate portrayal of me.

Reactions: Annana

·
Registered
381 Posts
A. Who are you in PerC terms? Tritype with wings, subtypes, cognitive functions/MBTI type etc. I am an INFJ, and 7w6 9w8 3w2.

B. What do you think made you a Seven? How can your Sevenish nature be seen? I have no idea, but a combination of being the oldest child, being pleasure-seeking, optimistic, and selectively expressive has something to do with it?

C. What do you do for living? What would you like to do? I work in food-service, but would like to be psychologist or counselor...Possibly a nurse or engineer.

D. What are the most important things in your life? My education, family, work, friends, happiness, laughter, downtime.

E. What kind of anxiety and fears do you recognize having? Being homeless, unhappy, depressed…I fear misery and despair. I have anxiety around cops because I distrust them.

F. How and why do you like to deepen your self-knowledge? Deepening self-knowledge would help me identify and properly deal with any weaknesses which would help me grow as a balanced person.

G. What do you think of spirituality? It is highly personal and should be respected and tolerated in any form. It is enriching in various ways, and a way to attain inner peace in a chaotic world.

H. What do you dream about in your life? I dream of having a happy life surrounded by loving people. I see a lot of passion, talent, love and career success.

I. What are the biggest challenges in your life? Prioritizing, making deadlines, being stressed and behind my studies. Also making rent payments are quite painful.

J. What kind of music, movies, novels etc. do you like? All kinds except country; I especially like chill/electronic music I can lose myself in, but also pop and intense electro when I am at the gym or the club. I do not like reading books for fun, and as for movies I enjoy zombies, Donny Darko, vampires, American Beauty, Mysterious Skin, gory stuff, romance, comedy, and drama.

K. Do you find general descriptions of Sevens good? If not, why? No because each person has some degree of individuality that makes them unique.

Reactions: zallla

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
It's in my sig, I don't really need to list it twice ;P

I didn't at first, I took a test a few years back and it said four. I read a brief description and was like okay sure. Then I took another test at a very bad time in my life and got 6w7, and at the time for me it made a little bit of sense. I didn't know much about enneagram and I didn't relate to everything but I was like "meh whatever guess that's my type" and forgot about it. After I got with @timeless he told me that my sevenness was so apparent that there was no denying it. I read as much as I could about type seven and was astounded at how much I related to everything. The good and the bad. It was eye opening and I knew that without a doubt that was my type.

Well, I am currently unemployed and trying my best to change that. I would like to do anything at this point for some money. I want to pay my bills without help from family, I wanna yanno... buy things :p Ideally I would love to learn how to be good at graphic arts, go to college for it. Or a job with animals. Either one of those would make me a very happy Eerie.

My daughter is the most important thing in my life. Being happy, independent and raising the best child I can and just enjoying what I can out of life. I also find it very important to raise awareness for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I hate to see so many of us struggling in so much pain with no real medical help at all.

Well, I am afraid of not being a good mother. Mainly because I wasn't raised by the best mother and I fear that I will somehow become my cold hearted bitch of a mom to my own daughter. I am a hypochondriac. That mainly stems from having a serious undiagnosed medical problem half my life. :p

I am slightly confused by this question, probably because I just took my pain medication like I usually do at night and my brain is all sorts of fuzzy. :tongue: Self knowledge, hmm. Yeah uh... idk. I'll get back to this when I am not so fuzzy headed.

What I think about spirituality is far too complicated for me to explain in a way that could be coherent.....

I dream about the future, hmm... I am so unsure about how to answer these lol. I dream about having a happy future, with a husband and my daughter. finding a cure for HS. Making a difference somehow, for at least one person.

All sorts, you think I can really list this? Although when it comes to novels, I am sort of a crime/thriller sort of fan.

I don't think the descriptions are that bad, although I disagree with the most likely to cheat or move on or the most "happy positive omg i love life !" sort of things. It's not very realistic to me. I would never cheat, I'm not that flighty. I'm just slightly mentally disorganized. :p

L. Feel free to post a picture of you!

hehe, flowers that my daughter picked for me :)

caramel apple ftw! :tongue:

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
ENTP, 7w8, too lazy to check the rest. If there are any left, which I think so.

The fact that if I'm actually interested, things usually catch "on fire", metaphorically and/or literally.

Diverting most of my attention to school, kinda forgot how to be social, blame... time?

Right now? Tying up some loose ends outside, inside, and inward.

I'm starting to become a misanthrope, apparently.

Usually by talking to people, I can easily learn things myself, but talking to people is better in my opinion.

I think that it's the last problem we need to answer in a gigantic list of problems.

The same any other ENTP would, utter awesomeness, in any way possible.

The fact that I have so many questions to myself that I'm literally drowning in it.

A lot, to the point that I have allotted a gigantic amount of questionable stuff.

Kind of, but it defines "clubbers" more than I'd expected, blame the fact that I had a falling in with those types of people a looooooong time ago.

It involved a doughnut. Or something in the shape of it, or I'm just evading questions.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
A. Who are you in PerC terms? Tritype with wings, subtypes, cognitive functions/MBTI type etc. A far I know I'm 7w6 and ENFP...for sure!

B. What do you think made you a Seven? How can your Sevenish nature be seen? I think my love of anything and everything and life in general made me a 7. This can be seen very easily by anyone who knows me. I do a lot of different things, and I love to talk about my newest passions, so people hear it all the time. I also like to encourage others to live their lives according to how they want to live it and not based around how anyone else wants them to live it. This is not to be mistaken for irresponsibility. I simply mean, if someone thinks you shouldn't want to be an artist, don't let them decide that for you...as an example :)

C. What do you do for living? What would you like to do? I am currently a stay at home Mom, but I am a nurse. I also make and decorate custom cakes and cupcakes out of my home. I would like to open a cupcake shop sometime in the near future. I like to dance, sing, paint, draw, converse, read, swim ( hence the mermaid avatar), camp, hike, play tennis...I could go in forever, lol!

D. What are the most important things in your life? My kids and Husband, my extended family and friends, my life in general and my ability to live it freely and exactly the way I want to.

E. What kind of anxiety and fears do you recognize having? Never following through on any of my dreams and lying on my deathbed with regret. Becoming dull and bitter. I also get anxious when I feel out of control or blocked in some way.

F. How and why do you like to deepen your self-knowledge? I guess I feel good knowing things. I don't like to feel like I'm missing out on anything. And I get deeply interested in new things...it seems only natural that I will learn a lot about it during that time. I approach self knowledge by being brutally honest with myself. Admitting my faults and learning from my mistakes.

G. What do you think of spirituality? It should be up to the individual person. I feel when a religion or belief is forced in someone, it acts as a personal prison to that person. They no longer live their lives for themselves; instead, they live it for whatever higher being they believe in and how that higher being wants them to live it. I think people should be free to choose for themselves and be loved/accepted for it no matter what...unless its oppressive and evil of course.

H. What do you dream about in your life? I dream about experiencing as much as I can, learning as much as I can, loving as much as I can, and following through on at least one of my dreams.

I. What are the biggest challenges in your life? Following through, staying focused on things I'm not particularly interested in, doing "boring" or mundane tasks.

J. What kind of music, movies, novels etc. do you like? I like all music except elevator and gospel, lol. No joke! I like anything from, Irish pub music (Dublin City Ramblers), to Lil Wayne, to Brad Paisley, to Florence + The Machine, to Mumford & Sons, to Rihanna, to System of a Down, to Johnny Cash, to Bad company, Journey, etc etc etc. lol! Movies, I seem to love a good sci Fi, like War of the Worlds, also dramatic movies like Black Swan, and of course comedies/romantic comedies. I'm not a fan of any kind of torture or violent movie. I've never seen any of the Saw movies ever. I like documentaries, musicals, and fantasy like Lord of the Rings. Books I like Joe Bageant and Malcolm Gladwell writings, old classics like To Kill a Mockingbird, The Old Man and the Sea, self help books, and even The Twilight Saga (yea, I know :).

K. Do you find general descriptions of Sevens good? If not, why? Yes, but also scary. I do feel like I am constantly stimulating myself in some way. I can't seem to handle boredom at all. When I'm waiting somewhere, I pull out my phone. I am scared I will end up losing my mind by the way the description reads about the overstimulation. Hopefully, this is very rare and extreme.

Blah blah blah blah...I talk too much :)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
E. What kind of anxiety and fears do you recognize having? Never following through on any of my dreams and lying on my deathbed with regret. Becoming dull and bitter. I also get anxious when I feel out of control or blocked in some way.

K. Do you find general descriptions of Sevens good? If not, why? Yes, but also scary. I do feel like I am constantly stimulating myself in some way. I can't seem to handle boredom at all. When I'm waiting somewhere, I pull out my phone. I am scared I will end up losing my mind by the way the description reads about the overstimulation. Hopefully, this is very rare and extreme.
So there's a sort of self fulfilling prophecy going on here? The seven distractedness leads to them feeling out of control? Interesting...

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
So there's a sort of self fulfilling prophecy going on here? The seven distractedness leads to them feeling out of control? Interesting...
Hmmm, never thought about that. I guess when I say "out of control" I mean when I don't get to decide for myself...as in being controlled by someone else. Not really in terms of chaos. Poor choice of words. I am fearful of losing my mind, and my constant need for stimulation could eventually cause just that, so it is a bit self destructive. Like I said, I hope thats rare and extreme. I do meditate, self hypnosis and Pilates, so I guess those are more relaxation geared :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am a newbie here and I am just so thrilled to read posts here that I could have written myself. Never thought about there being a pattern for us (i'm an ENTP, 7w6), I don't meet people like me too often in real life (although I am always meeting new people).

Good to be amongst you guys. peace, love and harmony to our lives.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I just took the test and found out I'm a 7w8 with subtypes 3w2 and 9w8. I can closely
relate to the descriptions included so I'm pretty sure I got it right! :) My personality type is ESFP.

I suppose it runs in the family to some length. We love traveling and going to places most people don't go to. Last summer we went to 24 countries during a four month travel and experienced so much! I've always loved hiking, diving, skiing and wandering around without much of a sense of direction. Music is the most important thing in my life and it tends to outweigh school when I have to decide what to focus on.
I'm very outgoing and love to meet new people and truly respect everyone I know for who they are.

I'm only 17 so I'm still studying and trying to figure out what I want to do later on in life. Music our journalism would be amazing to work with. Anything really where I don't have to be afraid to get stuck in a pattern that repeats itself for years on end.

Music, playing, creating and performing it. People overall. Sharing my life with others, making others happy and being known in the wider social circles are things I value.

My greatest fear is that my life would lead me in an unfavorable direction, especially what comes to career. Still, I feel I'm the master of my own fate and have a lot of power over my life.

Nothing to comment on this right now. I pretty sure there'd be something to say on this but I don't think about these things that much any longer. I used to though so maybe I've reached an enlightenment at some point and don't have a desire to deepen my self-knowledge anymore :D We'll see if I come up with something.

I believe everybody is absolutely right and wrong at the same time. Spirituality is an interesting thing and I believe that the most healthy way to develop spiritually is to keep your thoughts and beliefs to yourself and not criticize those of others if they come up for some reason. In the end there is no limit to the possibilities in all of existence and everything that we see, create, feel and dream of is true and exists in some way. It's just that nothing of spiritual matters can be proven.

Ironically I dream of reaching a point where I don't feel the need to analyze things or dwell on my thoughts. I believe I'm at my happiest when I just take in life as it is and don't try to over think things. In the end our senses make up reality as we experience it and I believe that experiencing life fully with my senses is the most gratifying thing I can do.

Finding my way. Right now school is what my life revolves around, more or less.
When I get over that stage I hope I will find my own way and passion.

Music, anything that sees life in a strong light. Dramatic, melancholic, upbeat, aggressive. Anything goes except for music that works against everything I believe in, like black metal, death metal... I like prog-metal though!

Well they describe me pretty well. It's pretty relative really but regarding myself, yes the descriptions have proven quite accurate!

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
My husband is (I'm guessing) a 7w6 ESFP sp/sx, although I thought he was possibly social but I think that just the 7 and the ESFP talking. I'm not answering the questions for him because I'm not him, and I'm guessing on this because he won't step within fifty feet of the enneagram, he doesn't understand my interest in it at all. He thinks it's really stupid.

I just wanted to say that I had the hardest time figuring him out for the reasons others have mentioned about the descriptions of sevens being a bit off. In many ways he seems so obviously seven- the energy, the excitement, the need for constant stimulation and fun. But he's very focused, he has a select group of interests, he's not a flake, he's very loyal, and he finishes what he starts.

·
Registered
INxP. Tritype 952. sp or sx.
1,476 Posts
@Spades, thanks! :) I hope this time I will be in the right forum and not confused by new possibilities heh. At least I feel a lot better nowadays, like a Seven again. And I felt like having a too active mind and not enough emotional awareness for a Four anyway.

Check my signature - I'm keeping the option to modify it ;) Well, I do think it is what it is, 7w6>8w9>4w5, sx/sp, ENFP. Also I am the inquisitive type in Big Five.

I guess I was born with my monkey mind :) Naranjo has written about Sevens to have experienced a sense of early frustration and in my life that was probably caused my difficult grabby brother who took my mother and her attention (and breasts) from me.

I have had difficulties to realize the extent of my Sevenish nature since it is all over the place like Ne. Whatever I do, I try to make sure I am not bored or frustrated. I carry fascinating books or music with me to entertain myself if I have to "just" be and wait during the day. I do not just do something, I multitask. I do not choose just one thing, I choose many things. I start many books/handcrafts/paintings/whatever and do one until I am bored only to switch to something else that tempts me more. I am constantly thinking of options and optimizing to have maximal satisfaction and minimal frustration.

I am studying, finishing my dissertation and doing research. I would like to do many things... I already have done many things but tend to switch to something more promising and never achieve anything. This time I'm really trying to get my degree.

My SO, he makes my life more balanced and grounded and is my best friend and lover. My art and other hobbies, my freedom to do those things.

I guess Ne contributes to this too but I can imagine various things to be afraid of. Stress makes me anxious, usually I am not highly anxious. Even when I am fond of them and their enthusiasm and intelligence, I am afraid of dogs. I sense I have no idea what they are thinking about and cannot trust them at all. I am afraid of getting hurt and try to avoid any kind of pain and can get anxious about physical health issues. Also I am afraid of getting handicapped because I value my independence so much.

The main motivation at the moment is that I want to learn to deal with myself better to be happier. I have difficulties to tolerate my negative emotions. I frustrate easily and cannot really recognize my feelings well so they tend to accumulate inside me. I have been told that I wish to be extremely happy and when it's not happening, I get depressed. I hate it when I'm forced to do something, when I have no choice but X. I always try to avoid those situations and can end up withdrawing from anything that causes me too much pain.

I am fond of it. I am curious. I believe there are God, heaven and angels. I quote J.K. Rowling and Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potters, "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

What I don't dream about in my life? I dream about and plan many things. The main issues are finishing my dissertation, having a real home and our own house and children, deepening the relationship I have with my SO and developing as an artist.

To find balance. To finish what I start. To tolerate negative emotions and difficulties.

I love 70's music, rock music and somewhat weird music. Music that has rhytm, music that makes me feel. Some of my favorites are Elliott Smith, Blackfield, Muse, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Ane Brun.

I hate anything with sad endings, my movies, tv series and novels have to have happy endings. I love growth stories, reunited souls, creative and funny stories, uplifting moments. I love Friends, Gilmore Girls (anyone else thinks Lorelai is an ENFP Seven?), The Big Bang Theory, Find My Family. I love Amelie, Billy Elliot, Penelope, The King's Speech etc. I love Harry Potters, The Da Vinci Code, L.M. Montgomery's production etc.

To some extent yes. Sometimes I feel that they are more of the social and self-preservated subtype Seven though. I am not addicted since I try to avoid such a state, I am not a party girl, I am not always cheerful, I am not unfaithful to my SO (I can flirt and even regret being married when tempted though). But I do need my freedom, and many times also solitude to do what I find fascinating, get energized when sharing with others and brainstorming and tend to multitask and make sure I will not be bored.

·
Registered
277 Posts

Check my signature - I'm a ENTJ 7w8-3w4-1w2 sx/so.

Naranjo has written about Sevens to have experienced a sense of early frustration and in my life that was probably caused by the fact that I wanted to try everything - and I do mean everything. Since there aren't enough hours in a day, I decided that I would try to do a million things and to be good at most or all of them (the NT, 3, and 1 kicking in.)

I guess my Sevenish nature can be seen through the fact that I constantly lug around stuff for my own personal entertainment. I constantly have to be doing something - so even if I'm sitting on a bus, I'm also listening to my iPod, reading a book on my Kindle, texting a friend, and deciding what my next adventure will be. I'm also very enthusiastic about things and will fully endorse it, participate in it, etc. If it starts to bore me, though, I feel trapped and start to wish that I could do something else. I'm big on multitasking and like to learn a little about everything - I hate it when people label me as being only about one thing, because I'm interested in so much.

And this may only be specific to Sexual Sevens, but I like to flirt just for fun. Sure, I want a nice relationship, too, but I love to flirt and my friends know it. I'm a little scared of commitment (yes, reinforcing the stereotype) because I want things to stay pretty positive and not get too heavy. When things get heavy I get intense and things happen (either good or bad, but usually extreme in nature).

Right now I'm a student. Eventually I'd like to start my own business, become a corporate executive, or become a lawyer, politican, or federal agent. yeah...I don't really know what I wanna do. :D

My family, my friends, music, my job, school, Taekwondo, reading.

Heights, failure, being unloveable, being considered weak, being beaten out by someone else, being restricted from expressing myself/doing what it is that I wanted to do, being considered uncool or stupid, other people discriminating against me for who I am, not being able to experiment with different life experiences.
The Internet, books, and life experience are fabulous ways to deepen my self-knowledge. I guess it's because at the end of the day I want to know who I am and how to improve myself, i.e. stop being aggressive, or unwilling to deal with negative things, or learning that I don't have to be seen as perfect. For me it's a way to learn about people and myself and to grow.

Spirituality is interesting to me - right now I'm reading a book about Wicca. I used to have major issues with religion because since I don't really believe in God as much as other people I know, the whole thing just seemed stupid to me. I like my religious community, though, because it means I get to meet other people, eat good food, and share good times. I guess I'm just going along making it another experience for myself, by discovering what I actually believe.

What I don't dream about in my life? I dream about and plan many things, including college, my career, where I'll live, love, family, characters for my creative writing, and places I want to travel.

To finish what I start. To tolerate negative emotions and difficulties. To clamp down on my sometimes aggressive nature. To stop thinking of things as competitions. To be happy with settling down. To stop seeing other people as inferior to me just because they're afraid.

I love rock music, good dance music and somewhat weird music. Music that has rhythm, music that gives off intense feeling in some way, whether it's euphoria or absolute despair, or just the urge to sing at the top of my lungs. Some of my favorites are Muse, U2, Panic! At the Disco, Florence + the Machine, Marina & the Diamonds, Anna Calvi, Van Halen, The Police, Clapton, Paramore, and Evanescence.
I love crime dramas, drama, and a lot of BBC shows, as well as the occasional scifi that's not too bizarre. Favorites include NCIS, 24, Mad Men, Lost, Doctor Who, and Sherlock.

Somewhat, but I think they apply to a 7w6 so/sp more than to me. I sometimes wish that descriptions took the directness of 7w8s into account and described the experience of the sx 7. Also, I don't party, drink, or do drugs, so there's gotta be other vices I could have. Food? Shopping? Discuss.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

7w8, 8w7, 3w4

Diving head first into a brand new experience and wanting to gather all available information about it. Just look at me at a museum or experiencing a new method of transportation for the first time.

Currently nothing, but I'd like to be in a position of moderate power with a paycheck that will help me sleep at night knowing I'll never struggle to put food on the table or have to by a beater just to get to work.

Motivation, security, family. Physical and financial, and loyalty to all who have proven their full loyalty to me (won't stab me in the back) - stand next to me and you'll never stand alone. I enjoy being with people who are as motivated as I am at my best, to keep pushing me, and remind me I need to give 100% in everything I do or go home.

Feeling periods of feeling unmotivated, isolation, inactivity (not including relaxation), lack of meaningful contributions to this world.

Reading, research, talking to others, and welcoming input from people who can offer a new way of looking at an issue I've never thought of before.

It's fine for people who confide in it.

Driving a nice car, living in a modest neighborhood/suburb, nice loyal average wife, a family life that I can take sincere pride in.

Too easy to become unmotivated. Inactivity. Sometimes I push myself a little too far and find I've exhausted my resources and need to take a break in order to allow everything to catch up.

Many genres of music. Movies - mainly comedies, war films, and sometimes horror. Novels - Sci-fi mainly, but I do enjoy books about certain scientific subjects.

They're fine, I can't see anything wrong with them.

Reactions: zallla
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.