Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any forum talking about this?
I read on several websites, the appropriate job for ESFJ is as social worker or in administrative environment which is typically has no high salary.
What I'm thinking, is there any top level job that appropriate for ESFJ?
Kindly share your input.:bored:

·
Registered
531 Posts
My ESFJ husband is a phenomenal construction manager. He's worked for the largest national builder as a regional manager and now owns his own construction management company.

He is very good at organizing schedules and teams. His right hand man is an ESTP. :)
I think ESFJs need a job with people, somewhere with high social interaction, where they are managing and fulfilling the need of taking care of people's needs.

I also have another male ESFJ friend who is a retired state trooper. He seemed to have done well with it.
Being with other people is key, I don't see how an ESFJ would ever be happy in an isolated work position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
Is he really enjoy as the manager? since basically ESFJ really happy to care and help people, also to do anything that they think could make other person happy, while in business every thing has its cost.
How to handle the conflict? ESFJ don't like conflict, right?

As a state trooper, it may fit with ESFJ, but to work in a company, I feel it's not right job for ESFJ.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Customer service. I think they're good at any job that manages people and does not allow them to make judgments on human nature..

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'm gearing my degrees towards something in counseling or public relations. It tends to fit in well with my desire to help people.... Or at least... Try to help people. I don't know about top level jobs because that's never been my desire.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have an ESFJ friend. She is going into social work but is concerned she will be unable to maintain her high standard of living due to the low income.

Ideal job? High income social worker.

Real job? Marriage counselor. I think a privately owned white picket fence practice would make her happy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks.
Is he really enjoy as the manager? since basically ESFJ really happy to care and help people, also to do anything that they think could make other person happy, while in business every thing has its cost.
How to handle the conflict? ESFJ don't like conflict, right?

As a state trooper, it may fit with ESFJ, but to work in a company, I feel it's not right job for ESFJ.
Well, he actually really enjoys it. I really envy his scheduling and managing skills. He is great at organizing a team. He's been promoted in every company he's ever worked for, not sure why you feel it not a good fit for an ESFJ. He's not a salesman, he's not entrepreneurial and he's not cut out to sit at a desk all day. I guess it would depend on the company.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
My ESFJ mum said that her dream job was to counsel disadvantaged children.

·
Registered
169 Posts
ESFJs respect and believe in the laws and rules of authority, and believe that others should do so as well. They're traditional, and prefer to do things in the established way, rather than venturing into unchartered territory. Their need for security drives their ready acceptance and adherence to the policies of the established system. This tendency may cause them to sometimes blindly accept rules without questioning or understanding them.
I'd say a lawyer because of this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts