Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this article and explains the perfect partner for an INTP

Perfect partner for an INTP

I think its accurate I agree with all of it. Especially the space and the not trying to change me.

What do you think about it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I saw that before, and I absolutely loved it. Seems to fit me almost perfectly.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
yeah it sounds about right. it's hard to find anyone like that and that are interested in you. For me at least
It's hard for any of us to find that person. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What personality type would this "perfect partner" be?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I like women with class. These women ride Choppers on slick narrow streets and engage in Russian roulette with a cocked .45 magnum, in an underground basement, surrounded by screaming Asian men holding fists full of dollars. I like women that chug canisters of gasoline and spit liquid metal after sleeping under power lines.

I like the real females with three nipples and a bald head, four fingers from a failed knife-fight and a bushy uni-brow. I like hard-broiled ladies that teach apes karate and play the acoustic guitar to drunken vagrants.

Why is love so hard to find?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A thinker? Or a very balanced feeler? I'm not even sure... :mellow:
They have to be a introverted type anyway but which one? :confused:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Out of every point made, I think #11 is the most important. Any person incapable of self-analysis and self-correcting (i.e. thinking for themselves) is absolutely not a candidate to be in my most estimated circle of friends. An appreciation for the novel, as mentioned in #10, is also a very sure way to earn points with the INTP (which is where INFPs shine). Being amused by or interested in our theories and maybe discuss and critique them are essentially what #9 refers to; perhaps throwing in your own ideas in the mix. In summary, I think it's fairly obvious that Ti colors my vision greatly. What I ultimately want is someone who is open for discussion and rational investigation of principles and, above all, who is just as excited about learning, figuring things out and improving himself/herself.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This perfect partner type is hard to find :(

Reactions: treschanna

·
Registered
612 Posts
I like women with class. These women ride Choppers on slick narrow streets and engage in Russian roulette with a cocked .45 magnum, in an underground basement, surrounded by screaming Asian men holding fists full of dollars. I like women that chug canisters of gasoline and spit liquid metal after sleeping under power lines.

I like the real females with three nipples and a bald head, four fingers from a failed knife-fight and a bushy uni-brow. I like hard-broiled ladies that teach apes karate and play the acoustic guitar to drunken vagrants.

Why is love so hard to find?
You know, you are REALLY starting to sound like Carlin. It's creepy. STOP THAT!! (or write a stand-up routine, either or!)

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
You know, you are REALLY starting to sound like Carlin. It's creepy. STOP THAT!! (or write a stand-up routine, either or!)
George Carlin's fucking awesome.

He's the only comedian (or human) that thought or said ideas identical to my own (except articulated in a better way). I hardly relate to humans anyway, and to hear or read or see a person with such a truthful and parallel mind-set, surprises and enthralls me.

There are still great living comedians, such as Norm MacDonald, Louie CK, Doug Stanhope, Joe Rogan, and so on, but their work isn’t as influential and developed, philosophically or comically or personally, as Carlin’s was.

*removes lips from Carlin's corpse’s skeleton-ass*

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Let's have a look at this list.

1. Lots of sex
I don't really have much of a sex drive and I'm not particularly interested in sex, so this isn't important in any partner. In fact, it would probably be important that they didn't want lots of sex.

2. Moral support
I guess that would be nice for everyone, not just INTPs.

3. An equal
Yes, certainly. I couldn't have an unequal relationship.

4. Someone who is next to unoffendable.
This is probably going to be a good quality in a potential partner, mainly because I wouldn't want to offend them.

5. Someone who can accept them for who they are and not try to change them.
I would have thought this would be in every type's list. People should love their partners for who their partners are, not for who their partners could be.

6. Someone who accepts the peculiar WAYS they show thier love.
Yes, I would consider this an important quality.

7. SPACE [as in both physical and emotional space]
Yes, certainly, although I don't know why it only mentions INTP men for this one. Men and women of the same type really aren't that different.

8. Comforting [this goes along with #2.]
I guess so.

9. An intellect, a person who can hold their own in a debate.
This is certainly in the top three most important qualities of any potential partner.

10. Someone to learn with [this goes with #9]
Yes, very important.

11. Someone capable of self reflection and self analysis.
Another important quality I would like to see in a future partner.

·
Registered
612 Posts
k after actually reading it, I disagree vehemently with about half of those. Too stubborn/stringent and idealistic, especially number 4.... good luck trying to find that one.

INTPs must learn to give in and bend to their partner, not just receive from them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
INTPs must learn to give in and bend to their partner, not just receive from them.
It took a long time, and sometimes I still have a hard time admitting it, but I finally figured out that sometimes this statement applies to life in general, not just a romantic interest. :sad:

·
Banned
7,928 Posts

No thanks.
Been there, done that. All it ever got me was stepped on and walked all over.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone would put on an article about how to get better acquainted with an INTP that they should "be bent", nor do I think it is implied anywhere that the INTP does or should only receive.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts