Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also "Trekkie."

Reactions: Geoffrey

·
Registered
616 Posts
Lok u guy, itts onely uh lttle mispelling. : )

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But what if I'm actually disappointed?? I can't express it! I can only express "dissapointment" which my iPad definitely does NOT like!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Speaking of perfection... Does anyone else alternate between having a messy, chaotic space and then organizing it until it is absolutely perfectly in order? I feel schizophrenic sometimes when it comes to my organizing/cleaning habits. Either it's a complete disaster or it's so tidy Martha Stewart would be proud.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Speaking of perfection... Does anyone else alternate between having a messy, chaotic space and then organizing it until it is absolutely perfectly in order? I feel schizophrenic sometimes when it comes to my organizing/cleaning habits. Either it's a complete disaster or it's so tidy Martha Stewart would be proud.
I'm the exact same way. It's either a warzone of different wardrobes and papers and makeup or a clean, heaven-sent cheesily girly bedroom of nauseating adolescent solidarity. I wish I had more money, I'm in college and it's time for an interior decor change.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahahahaha, I have what I like to refer to as a "very sophisticated piling system." it LOOKS like a tornado hit it to anyone else, but there's not a thing on that desk I can't put my hands on in less than three seconds. And God help anyone who moves a single item on it half an inch to the left or right, because then i can't find anything and I have to clean up and start all over!

It drives my husband nuts, but do you know how many times I would have to open and close that drawer to keep taking pens out and putting them back?? If you add it all up, that's like an hour a day for that one item, that I could spend doing something productive...or more likely, avoiding being productive by reading and writing posts on PerC!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm the exact same way. It's either a warzone of different wardrobes and papers and makeup or a clean, heaven-sent cheesily girly bedroom of nauseating adolescent solidarity. I wish I had more money, I'm in college and it's time for an interior decor change.
I am on an interior decorating kick as well. I just found a website that has tons of great photos and ideas for decorating, organizing, remodeling, etc. houzz.com I am moving in about a month and I am determined to have an assigned place for everything and a system to somehow make that easier. I am self-aware enough to know that it won't stay perfect but I think it will help if I have a plan for keeping like items together in specific places. Lack of funds is also my problem. I could do so much if I could afford it. I've been hitting up flea markets and yard sales trying to save money and to find some more unique items. Antique furniture is made so much better than the crap furniture I bought at Ikea that fell apart after a year. I have a couple of pieces that I am going to sand down, paint a fun color and add modern knobs to.

Sorry, I know I am off-topic. :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I am on an interior decorating kick as well. I just found a website that has tons of great photos and ideas for decorating, organizing, remodeling, etc. houzz.com I am moving in about a month and I am determined to have an assigned place for everything and a system to somehow make that easier. I am self-aware enough to know that it won't stay perfect but I think it will help if I have a plan for keeping like items together in specific places. Lack of funds is also my problem. I could do so much if I could afford it. I've been hitting up flea markets and yard sales trying to save money and to find some more unique items. Antique furniture is made so much better than the crap furniture I bought at Ikea that fell apart after a year. I have a couple of pieces that I am going to sand down, paint a fun color and add modern knobs to.

Sorry, I know I am off-topic. :)
Yeah I completely agree with Marimeli. I'm actually taking your advice based on your personal currencies, because I'm in the same position, moving in less than a month with a tiny amount of money but a large amount of creativity. Ikea sucks, dude. My mom and I have most of our shitty furniture from there, althought the only pieces that've never had technical difficulties are the ones we found being thrown out years ago in front of people's yards. Haha.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, for heaven's sake: the Post Rank "advanced" is also misspelled.

Love, the Grammar Teacher.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
How does that make you a grammar teacher rather than a spelling teacher?

Anyways, as fun as it is, perfectionism is such a relative thing. :3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts