Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to learn to let some things go. For example, every typo that I have ever made in any post up to this point- I am well aware of it. But I let it be. For some odd reason, correct grammer isn't as important to me as spelling things correctly and not being redundant. And I have done a lot of that latley.

I think I try to write the way my inner monolouge sounds. That's why I "stress" certain words in quotations and TYPE THINGS IN ALL CAPS when I am trying to "shout" a certain important point accross to you lol. And I will often just start a sentence with "and", and it will not be a compound sentence like this one, because my inner monolouge "ends" a sentence at that point.

Anyway, the overall point that I am trying to make with this example, is that we are too hard on ourselves with stuff like this. We may see the big picture, but we often stress over not being able to get an idea accross to others. Let yourself be silly and make mistakes every once and a while. It isn't possible to be perfect, so why stress over it?

With that said, I am now going to use a bunch of random and silly smilies that have nothing to do with anything in the hopes that it will cheer you up. Have a nice day!

:bored::confused::shocked::cool::tongue::crazy::crying::wink::dry::frustrating::happy:

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And like a true hypocrite, I've been trying to edit the smilies lol. I'm not sure why they are messed up.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Perfectionism is something that can be fostered or not. It's like a habit.

I like people who can do things well, but perfectionism usually gets in the way of that. Not to mention I've had a bad experience with perfectionism in the first place.

It's fine to a degree. Just continue to remind yourself that extreme perfectionism will not usually help you *(except in work, etc)* and may end up hurting you or people around you.

But keep the fine INFJ personality going. You are sweethearts :laughing:

[EDIT] Sometimes perfectionism is not the best in work environments either. But I think you know what I mean :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Perfectionism is both a flaw and a quality. Its relative meaning often leads to the idea that a 'perfect thing' is that way because of its superior qualities, missing any kind of flow, but flows and qualities are just as relative for everyone. So, for me, the perfection is similar with the 'perfect role', seeing the perfect matches and coincidences through the actions I make; this way, everything is already perfect, and the world never needs to be forced to be changed a certain way, although the 'perfection' is changing just like everything else and we have to keep up with it (this expression is a typo because the change is under our control, so it may never get faster or slower than us).
As for my posts, English is not my first language so I can easily make mistakes and trying to correct them would a waste of time, though sometimes I use the auto-correct feature of this board underlining the mistyped words with red.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts