Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any type 9s have interests in the performing arts? Personally, I'm not a huge fan of acting even though I'm pretty good at it, but one of the things I enjoy doing is playing songs in front of a small audience or crowd. It is a bit unsettling being at the center of attention when I actually get up there, but I aspire to do it and that is what matters.

What do you like to perform if you feel the need or like doing so?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I imagine I'd like it playing music to an audience. It's just that I don't have any talents to perform:dry:. I do want attention, it's just very uncomfortable. But if I could play the piano or something, oh boy I would!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I love the performing arts, though my talented has always been limited. I always loved them enough to work excessively to make up for my lack of natural talent, to work 'till I drop, and I love to do that. I really enjoy performing and seeing the world through different eyes and connecting with an audience, exchanging energy like that. It's not really about attention, I just enjoy the rush and the challenge and the interconnectedness and broadening my horizons.

Reactions: HandiAce

·
Registered
207 Posts
America's Got Talent and So You Think You Can Dance are two favorite TV shows of mine. I also love to dance!

Reactions: kindaconfused

·
Registered
689 Posts
I love dancing.

Well, I wouldn't say it's structured enough to be called dancing. I like to call it "Moving with the music." >P

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm a karaoke addict---apparently for the better. :D

Reactions: HandiAce

·
Banned
212 Posts
I used to be into them quite a bit. I was in the drama club in elementary school, I was in the school band in grades 6-12 as well as the all-city jazz bands in high school. I also performed a bit in recitals at the school I was taking guitar lessons at. When I was doing the recitals, it was unsettling since I was the only one playing (even though I only ever did one song each time) and the one thing I did that really helped was I just shut out the audience as in I didn't really "see/hear" them, it was just me on stage with my guitar and no one else was there.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I've always felt a pull to the performing arts. I've dabbled in acting, choir, musicals, dancing, etc. but I've never really taken the opportunity to advance my abilities in any particular area. I wish I had but I never really felt it was a viable option for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I really love music and then just spontaneously moving with it. But, unless I'm drunk, I'm usually too embarassed to dance in front of people, my mom thinks dancing is crap, 'all those people making a fool of themselves in public' or whatever, so whenever I dance I can't really shake off the negative feelings, sometimes I can, but it's all so tiring so I just don't dance.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I really love music and then just spontaneously moving with it. But, unless I'm drunk, I'm usually too embarassed to dance in front of people, my mom thinks dancing is crap, 'all those people making a fool of themselves in public' or whatever, so whenever I dance I can't really shake off the negative feelings, sometimes I can, but it's all so tiring so I just don't dance.
I agree, that is sad. I hate those hang ups our parents give us for no reason over normal stuff. My parents have done almost the same thing with relationships, I can't just find someone or go with just spur of the moment feeling, it's ingrained into me that dating is only for marriage that's all. It takes a lot for me to even admit I like someone then I'm looking for reasons to jump ship, unless I really think and confirm that decision then it's there for quite awhile. It's like I have to prepare myself to propose before the first date and then feign a lighthearted attitude about everything. I kind of like performing, but never really got into, it's not encouraged really in my family, and my sloth has so far stopped any pursuits of it. Once I move out I want to take up dancing and get really good at lot of styles, of course it'll be done in secrete except to my close friends and certain circles where I can't hide it.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yeah! I totally enjoy it! I was playing in a worship band for 40+ people each week for a little while! I did the whole recitals for all my teachers students etc. I haven't done any performing arts in a few months but this September I'm playing piano for two songs and accompanying a vocalist at a fundaraiser event that is expected to have hundreds of people! Fun times :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts