Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure many of us had times where we felt a situation was unjust. In these moments, I like to comfort myself that karma will come around and kick that person in the butt. I know that things will come around in due time, because if they live their lives like that, their lives will also end like that. But sometimes, it doesn't feel that way at all?

That said, it would be seriously very encouraging for me (and maybe for the rest of y'all, too? :crazy:) to hear about personal stories of karma, especially related to relationships and friendships. So please post them here! The examples can be both positive and negative - positive ones would be stories of the underdog or the defenseless/voiceless coming out strong at the end. negative ones would be about those people that lived their lives hurting/using/stepping over others to get what they wanted.

I know that it's always best to focus on our own lives (and this is what I usually do), but every so often, I get encouraged when I hear about stories of karma. Especially this weekend, I'm in need of a small dose of encouragement (long story). Anyway, I'm about to head out and I'll try to post an example on here, too. Most of the experiences I've had are relatively minor, but I'll try to think of the best one and post here when I get back home. :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
i do not believe in karma, only consequences and coincidences.

you shouldnt care what others do to their life, just worry about living yours and everything will be ok. no need for unnecessary stress worrying about other people life.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I try to personify karma \o/

What I mean by this is that I decided that being all altruistic to people who treat me like crap makes no sense. So now I try to basically be the law of karma in relations with them. If someone treats me badly and gives me no respect - so shall I treat them in return. It is only fair :)

While I do not believe that such law actually exists as some absolute rule, I think we can definitely work on bringing it into being in this world hehehe.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i do not believe in karma, only consequences and coincidences.

you shouldnt care what others do to their life, just worry about living yours and everything will be ok. no need for unnecessary stress worrying about other people life.
i agree with that sentiment. although, i would like to add, that seeing as though im not a religious figure - i do take some small modicum of delight when someone who has done me wrong, then goes on to fail somehow.

i do not worry about others actions though. and certainly don't believe in karma enough to try to enforce it upon others.

my own personal success is perhaps the best form of karma.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the posts so far. :) I agree with the gist of what has been said by everyone. So to clarify, I also believe that my own personal success is the best form of karma (like SarahWilliams mentioned). Why? Because this signifies to the other person that they didn't have a negative impact on you: "Yes, you may have hurt me or tried to, but look - it didn't faze me at all, i'm going strong towards my goal, and if anything, you helped me learn and grow from this experience"

Anyway, i guess one of the influences of this post is a recent encounter (this past week) I had with someone, who had greatly wronged me and some others I know. She said some things that really hurt an open wound (not sure what the idiom is) and ... this is just a long story, but anyway, I find it encouraging in times like this to at least hear other stories of Karma, so I can smile and take some delight in knowing that others have gained a sense of justice, and go about focusing on my life.

And I definitely agree that it's stressful to focus on other's lives (and I'm not encouraging this type of mindset), but I'd say it's alright to fantasize or read about justice once in a while.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I can't remember any stories of Karma but... I've been seeing several of your posts and noticed you're having issues with another girl friend.

In middle school I was kind of trapped with a group of toxic girls who I've cut out of my life for good. We're talking about girls who've been reported to police and had restraining orders held against them for physical fights. Anyways.... after that middle school experience, I spent most of my highschool years hanging around boys because I couldn't deal with the way girls were. For a very long time all I had were male friends. I've only recently begun to hang out with girls now that I'm in college. I've gotten sick of being around too many guys. Most of them don't want to do girl stuff anyway, and since I've begun to embrace the fact that I AM a girl it's kind of made me realize my male friends really are not interested in talking about certain things.

So maybe that's something you might want to think about, hanging around a bunch of guys for a period of time LOL

Reactions: moonradio

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol actually... that sounds like a good idea. and i realized that most of the people i seem comfortable around, are more tom-boy ish thanks for the tips :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here’s my favorite karma story:
My best friend is the youngest of five…for reasons unknown, 3 of her 4 siblings have some form of mental retardation. Her brothers that are 2-3 years older have fragile x, and cannot be on their own. Growing up in a small town with small classes it didn’t take long for the other kids and even some teachers to notice that her brothers were different and point out that “oh if your brothers are retarded than you must be too”. (She and her oldest brother have exceptionally high IQs and I met her in college, so this isn’t the case) There was one kid in her grade who was relentless in his teasing of her. Since her brothers came into the world before her she didn’t think anything of them being different, it was all she knew until the teasing.
After graduating she ran into that boy who was the meanest to her, and got that same blood-running-cold, dread and despair sensation she hadn’t felt in years. They were civil as they caught up, and he took a picture out of his wallet and showed her his daughter, who was 3, and asked “can you tell?” and she said “that she has down’s syndrome? Yes, I can tell”. He then apologized and asked for her forgiveness for all he had done to her, because he now realized the impact that same inevitable teasing can and will have not on his daughter - but those who love her, as my friend loves her brothers.
This is my favorite story not because he “got what he deserved” – no one chooses to be born the way they are and I would never consider that a punishment – but because of who he was, he’s prepared to protect her from those who were just like him, and he’s changed as a person.

·
Registered
440 Posts
in my case i dont think karma reciprocates within this life :( and :) and :|
because there are so so so many unfair things that i witness of mycase and others that cannot possibly be mended or justified or anything.. and i always wonder is there next life? beforelife? afterlife? you know?
and i also kind of wonder whether it is karma to blame that i am tied by a difficult burden that is very difficult to deal with.. like military conscription issue in my case.. though everyone has different burdens to different degree i guess..

i just thing nature is too chaotic and random and on a natural level it appears that there is no such thing as justice.. sort of sad

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
It's funny, my INFJ best friend is totally into the idea of karma, so I wasn't surprised to see this thread here.

I actually have a couple of good stories... it seems that whenever a guy seriously wrongs me, he ends up with some sort of physical illness/injury.

The first time this happened was with my ex-boyfriend. Long story short, after I broke up with him, he decided to tell my parents some details about my life that they definitely didn't need to know, which put a serious strain on my relationship with them, and he proceeded to continue to try and talk to my family behind my back and turn them against me. About six months later, when I found out about his continued contact with them, I told him to never speak to any of them again. The next day, he sent me a text message informing me he had dropped off a Christmas card for my parents at their office that day-- obviously in an attempt to agitate me. The next day, he was goofing around with some friends, and broke his arm/dislocated his shoulder.

This happened again this summer, with a different guy. We were just a fling, but he was also my coworker. All of a sudden, he apparently decided he didn't want to speak to me anymore, and went off on a rampage, disparaging all aspects of my personality, saying there wasn't anything special about me, he was never attracted to me, etc. -- really mean-spirited stuff, all with no provocation. It was mostly hurtful because I also considered him a close friend. He's generally a healthy dude, but less than a week after this happened, he came into work with a hernia, a sinus infection, and a double ear infection.

Better be nice to me, boys.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i think otherwise. like i said, its all a coincidence.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
It's funny, my INFJ best friend is totally into the idea of karma, so I wasn't surprised to see this thread here.

I actually have a couple of good stories... it seems that whenever a guy seriously wrongs me, he ends up with some sort of physical illness/injury.

The first time this happened was with my ex-boyfriend. Long story short, after I broke up with him, he decided to tell my parents some details about my life that they definitely didn't need to know, which put a serious strain on my relationship with them, and he proceeded to continue to try and talk to my family behind my back and turn them against me. About six months later, when I found out about his continued contact with them, I told him to never speak to any of them again. The next day, he sent me a text message informing me he had dropped off a Christmas card for my parents at their office that day-- obviously in an attempt to agitate me. The next day, he was goofing around with some friends, and broke his arm/dislocated his shoulder.

This happened again this summer, with a different guy. We were just a fling, but he was also my coworker. All of a sudden, he apparently decided he didn't want to speak to me anymore, and went off on a rampage, disparaging all aspects of my personality, saying there wasn't anything special about me, he was never attracted to me, etc. -- really mean-spirited stuff, all with no provocation. It was mostly hurtful because I also considered him a close friend. He's generally a healthy dude, but less than a week after this happened, he came into work with a hernia, a sinus infection, and a double ear infection.

Better be nice to me, boys.
A million dollars says that this girl is really a whitch in disguise. Everyone has been appropriately warned.:wink:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
A million dollars says that this girl is really a whitch in disguise. Everyone has been appropriately warned.:wink:
Sssshhhh! ;)

But seriously... I think the funny part is that when they did those things to me, I didn't try to get "revenge" on them or anything like that, and then it ended up being taken care of for me, which has taught me to just sit back from here on out... haha.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Sssshhhh! ;)

But seriously... I think the funny part is that when they did those things to me, I didn't try to get "revenge" on them or anything like that, and then it ended up being taken care of for me, which has taught me to just sit back from here on out... haha.
Yeah. I totally did what that first guy did. Not the whole Christmas card thing, but I did leave an incriminating phone call. It's not something I'm exactly proud of , but I can totally defend the reason why I did it. Perhaps he can too. There's always a different side to every story.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I would never consider that a punishment – but because of who he was, he’s prepared to protect her from those who were just like him, and he’s changed as a person.
That is so beautifully said.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts