Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi cyberacquaintances,

I just uploaded a youtube video discussing uploading youtube videos. (Three cheers for recursivity.)

I'd be interested to know what you all think about certain types' enthusiasm for or reluctance to sharing personal videos. Feel free to respond here by written word or with your own vid!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For me personally my biggest fear of doing a video is that people will make fun of me or ridicule me for some reason, nothing else really factors into my decision.
So tell me more about this... does it play into what I was saying about owning one's personal likes? Does it have to do with having an "insensitive" group of peers? Am I missing it? I'm really interested to know more about this type of reservation.

The disadvantage of a video though is that if you want to review something you have to play the video back whereas with a post it is written out and can be reread by others if necessary and they will probably end up understanding your point better.
I agree about having something in written form being very useful. I consider myself a writer, and written word is my strength. I do like the non-verbal cues that video can convey, though. I lose something in clarity of articulation if I talk rather than write, but I gain something in tone. I guess it's a trade-off.

I would be interested to see though if there is a trend between the different types and mannerisms though. I've noticed that I have some of the same mannerisms as other INFJs that have done videos, but I don't know if that holds true broadly though.
So do you think that you and I have similar mannerisms?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting (and good video, btw!). At least from some of the points you bring up in the video, I can see where Fe and Fi might correlate to this - a lot of the reasons that your INTP friend mentioned seem rather indicative of inferior Fe insecurities (like, having to deal with reputation issues), while, you being a higher Fe type, might be more comfortable with controlling things like this? For me as an Fi type, I honestly wouldn't have any reservations about doing something like this, since I'd just feel it reflects me anyway, and I'd want people to be aware that it's the ultimate reflection of me - I think the personal experience of doing it would be a bigger deal in my mind than what others would think of me for doing it (as long as it's up to my standards and others like it, I really don't care what people would think of me for doing it).
Interesting theory about inferior Fe playing into things for an INTP. So how would that look for me and you, with inferior Se? Is that more exhibitionist, so we'd actually want on some subconscious level to put out a video?

Also, what do you mean "the personal experience of doing it would be a bigger deal"?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks for the more detailed explanation of where you're coming from. That all makes sense to me. I'm sorry that you've felt alone for so long. It's amazing how much of an effect positive reinforcement, and peers/parents who cheer you on, can have. It's amazing how much of an effect not having this support can have, too.

I've noticed that most INFJs in the videos I have seen tend to pause every so often while they are talking and then resume. I've noticed myself do this in conversations quite often as well. However, I don't know if its a type thing. I think it might be more of an introvert thing actually since I haven't noticed this behavior in extraverts to the extent that I have in introverts.
Yeah, accessing Ni!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.