Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Of course tastes are separate from Personality, but I’m curious how individual people view their taste in colors in relation to their personality. For some people it seems like they strongly identify with certain colors, while other people don’t. Each person is likely to have slightly different associations with certain colors.

1. What are your favorite Colors? (Do you even have favorite colors? And have they changed over the years?)

2. What do you associate your favorite colors with? (Like grey is calm and contemplative, turquoise reminds me of native american jewelry and a connection with the earth, light yellow is like spring sunlight and optimism)

3. Which Color Schemes do you prefer? (Groups of colors you like together even if you may not consider all of them favorites, what general palates or types of colors do you like, things like “autumn” or “pastels” or “warm” or “bright” do you like limited color schemes or ones that include a wider range of variation? That sort of thing)

4. What mood/ambiance or associations do you have with your favorite color schemes that makes them comfortable or attractive to you? (I like the melancholly nostalgic feel of yellowish-brownish-greyish tones that are reminiscent of old photographs, or I like the fun and open/breezy feeling created by white accented with several bright colors, or I like the sleek and refined look of high-contrast black and white.)

5. What colors do you particularly dislike? (Do you dislike any?)

6. What do you associate your least favorite colors with? (Like grey is boring, turquoise has a cheesy association with the styles that were popular in my childhood, light yellow is too cheerful and innocent)

7. Do you dislike any particular color combinations? And why?

8. Do you wear a lot of your favorite colors? If your wardrobe doesn’t reflect your favorite colors, what ones do you normally wear and is there any particular reason why?

9. Without considering your current ability to redecorate, what colors would you preferably use to decorate your home or bedroom? Would you have the same everywhere or different schemes for different areas? Why would you choose those colors or color-schemes?

10. How would you relate your favorite colors to your personality? Do you see any connection or association?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I wonder if color preference has only to do with the sensitivity of your eyes and whatnot (I don't remember exactly the science of it), or if it has to do with cognitive functions and such, or just the persons individual soul.
I'm an INTJ.
1. What are your favorite Colors? (Do you even have favorite colors? And have they changed over the years?)
Blue, black, and red.

2. What do you associate your favorite colors with? (Like grey is calm and contemplative, turquoise reminds me of native american jewelry and a connection with the earth, light yellow is like spring sunlight and optimism)
Blue is bold, confident, laid back, intuitive. Black is mysterious, secretive, rebellious, blunt. Red is aggressive, passionate, rash, free.

3. Which Color Schemes do you prefer? (Groups of colors you like together even if you may not consider all of them favorites, what general palates or types of colors do you like, things like “autumn” or “pastels” or “warm” or “bright” do you like limited color schemes or ones that include a wider range of variation? That sort of thing)
I wouldn't say I have a color scheme preference, but I have "ideal" colors for future interior designing. If you would like those I can give them.

4. What mood/ambiance or associations do you have with your favorite color schemes that makes them comfortable or attractive to you? (I like the melancholly nostalgic feel of yellowish-brownish-greyish tones that are reminiscent of old photographs, or I like the fun and open/breezy feeling created by white accented with several bright colors, or I like the sleek and refined look of high-contrast black and white.)

5. What colors do you particularly dislike? (Do you dislike any?) Soft pink, dull browns.

6. What do you associate your least favorite colors with? (Like grey is boring, turquoise has a cheesy association with the styles that were popular in my childhood, light yellow is too cheerful and innocent) Pink: vulnerability and superficiality. Brown: immobility, no imagination.

7. Do you dislike any particular color cobinations? And why? Pink and brown. lol

8. Do you wear a lot of your favorite colors? If your wardrobe doesn’t reflect your favorite colors, what ones do you normally wear and is there any particular reason why? Yes I do.

9. Without considering your current ability to redecorate, what colors would you preferably use to decorate your home or bedroom? Would you have the same everywhere or different schemes for different areas? Why would you choose those colors or color-schemes?

10. How would you relate your favorite colors to your personality? Do you see any connection or association? In my perceptions of the colors's attitudes, I see correlation. Blue is my Ni and Fi. Red is my Se. Black is my Te and deeper aspects of my Ni.

·
Registered
306 Posts
1. What are your favorite Colors?
Green is my favourite colour, blue is my second favourite.

2. What do you associate your favorite colors with?
Green is summer, which is the best season, and the source of many good memories. I'm not sure what blue is to me. Perhaps it is about summer too, since the Colour of the Summer Sky is blue.

3. Which Color Schemes do you prefer?
Pure style - black and white, and non-intrusive shades of colours.

4. What mood/ambiance or associations do you have with your favorite color schemes that makes them comfortable or attractive to you?
They're easy going, and it is easier to behold them. Stronger, deeper colours scream too much.

5. What colors do you particularly dislike?
Red, orange and pink in general.

6. What do you associate your least favorite colors with?
When thinking about this I was reminded of these horrible german commercials I see on television sometimes, where they use disgustingly unnatural pink and orange colours. Out of all the colours they could have chosen to have people take them and their products seriously, they choose the wrong ones. Actually I think I associate these colours with philistinism.

7. Do you dislike any particular color cobinations? And why?
Can't think of any.

8. Do you wear a lot of your favorite colors? If your wardrobe doesn’t reflect your favorite colors, what ones do you normally wear and is there any particular reason why?
I wear a lot of blue, black and white. I don't wear any green.

Mostly white. The walls and ceiling would be white, most furniture would be white, with some furniture being black. The only coloured things would be the paintings on the walls and the books in the shelves.

10. How would you relate your favorite colors to your personality? Do you see any connection or association?
I don't see any connection with my favourite colours and my personality, but I suspect the way I would decorate my home has something to do with my personality.

·
Registered
45 Posts

- Burgundy/Wine (the dark reds on the purple side).
- Plum (the dark purples on the red side).
- Light Yellow.
- Black (is that allowed?)

Not many of my favorites have actual associations - beside "ooooo, that is so pretty". Light yellow is associated with Light and Power. Black with blending in and mystery (invisibility, in a way). I suppose most of the warm colors are somewhat associated with power or fire.

- The gray tones of dark colors.
- Cooler medium to dark Browns with Burgundy and Plums.
- Occasionally bright white with all the rich dark colors.

4. What mood/ambiance or associations do you have with your favorite color schemes that makes them comfortable or attractive to you?

- Brown and burgundy make me thing of old libraries, cozy and full of books!
- Most of my favorites are warm colors, so warmth and light.

- Orange… I don't like orange unless it happens to be on a Poppy.
- Lime green (unless it is lime jello, and I'm more attached to the jello than the color).
- Most blues… they are too cold.
- Pastels (except yellow)

- I don't like most of the cool colors, which I associate with cold and cold. Blue is not calm, it is cold and exposed.

- Oh so many.
- Usually my dislike has to do with a 'discordant' feeling. Combinations that are chaotic more than they are flowing and harmonizing. Combinations that make your eyes ache.
- While the color wheel isn't always right for every situation, it gives a good basis for things that work and don't work… in my opinion.

- Yes… hahahaha… yes. My wardrobe consists of primarily black, with some plum, burgundy, brown, some rare navy blue, and maybe a gray shirt or two. All organized by color of course.

- I ask myself these questions every time I look at paint samples. I still haven't figured out the answers.
- I would prefer different colors that both complement the individual areas, and flow with the rest of the chosen colors.
- At the same time, I prefer not using too many different colors in one space (1 or 2… 3 at most if one is a neutral color).

- I tend to prefer subdue colors, ones that aren't loud and that don't attract too much attention. I don't like attention.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Light Pink

Clouds, for some reason

Light pink and white; pastels; dark purple and gold; red, black, white, and gold; certain shades of green with certain shades of brown

Pastels, light pinks, and also purples and blues and some greens are very fantasy-like and... have a nice smell? I'm not sure if that makes any sense at all, but I can sort of imagine how the colors would smell, or more specifically the images that are in my head when I think about the colors. Green and brown remind me of nature and are very calming, and the purple/gold and red/black/gold/white combos remind me of royalty. Also the red/black/gold/white combo reminds me of playing cards, which is something I've always liked for some reason

Primary colors, neon pink, there are a lot of loud colors I don't like unless used in certain ways

I don't really associate them with anything, they're just unpleasant to look at

Royal blue and white because those were my school colors and I had to see them everywhere all the time, and I hated royal blue to begin with

I can't really think of any others I dislike off the top of my head

No, I don't like standing out much so I just wear black shirts or darker colors mostly. Lighter-colored women's clothing is usually too transparent and I don't like wearing layers.

It'd be a lot of cute pastel colors, mostly pink and white though. Or maybe I'd just stick with plain old white walls and mismatched furniture because it's the least amount of hassle.

Not really. I like cute stuff so I like cute colors, but my personality isn't really like that so it's something that often surprises people.

·
Registered
190 Posts
1. What are your favorite Colors? My favorite colors are green first, and blue second. All but the ultra-brightest of these.

2. What do you associate your favorite colors with? Green is my favorite because it references my thoughts toward life and growing things, and blue for water and sky.

3. Which Color Schemes do you prefer? Earthtones and landscape schemes are my preference, heavily leaning toward autumn coloring.

4. What mood/ambiance or associations do you have with your favorite color schemes that makes them comfortable or attractive to you? Autumn, particularly, is my favorite time of year (even if we have little of it here in Florida. I grew up in New England where autumn was spectacular. To me, autumn is crisp and cool, and reminds me of comfy sweaters, hikes in the woods, and apple orchards, all things that are very calm and relaxing in my memory.

5. What colors do you particularly dislike? I quite dislike super bright colors. Think neons.

6. What do you associate your least favorite colors with? They're just too much for me. Too outgoing. Too showy. Too THERE.

7. Do you dislike any particular color combinations? And why?Again with the brights. I could also consider things with much too high contrast (in my mind) to be disharmonious to me.

8. Do you wear a lot of your favorite colors? If your wardrobe doesn’t reflect your favorite colors, what ones do you normally wear and is there any particular reason why?If I had the money for it, I surely would. Eventually I plan to start making my own clothes, and will likely do most of them in the Sci-art Dark Autumn color scheme, which is what I am. See the Sci-art Dark Autumn chart here, which are generally all colors I like/will wear/are attracted to:

Dark Autumn.jpg

9. Without considering your current ability to redecorate, what colors would you preferably use to decorate your home or bedroom? Would you have the same everywhere or different schemes for different areas? Why would you choose those colors or color-schemes?Earth tones. Antiqued wood and metals. Rich wood. Natural. Maybe a little rustic. Harmony would be considered over the entire home, not just one area.

10. How would you relate your favorite colors to your personality? Do you see any connection or association? Green and blue seem to traditionally be healing and calming colors, which are both things that I feel drawn toward.

·
Registered
710 Posts

I don't really have favorite colors. I would like the world to be black and white xD.
On the other side I think every color is okay and there are some I prefer wearing. I only think about colors when I ask myself what I want to wear.. They are usually darker tones and like blue, green or black. I also have one red sweater.

I like black because you can wear it with any other color so you can't make mistakes :p (which I would do otherwise because I don't care about color combinations and what I actually wear...)
Black can also look elegant or gives you the impression of being deep and thougful or mysterious.

dark ones^^ I don't even know why.. it just was always like this. I think I try to not draw attention to me in everyday life. I noticed when I want to be noticed for a reason I wear red (with black but nevertheless you notice the red color). Or I try to avoid black in these times. There are also colors like purple or green with light blue then. And it works! Strangers kind of like me more then and are more open.

Hm.. I don't know I don't care so much about colors... But these are the only colors I would like to wear... I would feel uncomfortable wearing yellow or pink...

All the others actually but only for the wearing thing. For painting and so on I like every color equally. The sun has to be painted in yellow not in black :p

6. What do you associate your least favorite colors with? (Like grey is boring, turquoise has a cheesy association with the styles that were popular in my childhood, light yellow is too cheerful and innocent)

Light colors draw to much attention I think. I also don't feel particulary cheerful or energetic in my day-to-day life.

Yellow with black stripes... you look like a bee then xD A friend wanted to buy that for me once because they tried to buy me yellow things.

I think I already answered that in the first qustions. When I was younger I sometimes wore a full black outfit. But my friends always said I need more colors. The older got the more I could accept them. Today I would never wear a black outfit. I know that it's too dark for most people. I try more to change colors. Black with red, black with green, black with blue. I even bought a green trouser for my black sweaters. I also switched more to grey than black. But I just do it for others, I myself don't care so much about colors.

I like my room if it has white walls. I also have a black and a red carpet... hm... I don't need anything special.. I don't notice decoration anyway xD

If you see black as thoughtful and mysterious, too, it surely has something to do with the fact that I'm an INTP. Plus that I don't talk much or at all seems to make me a very dark person, although I have a good sense of (Ne) humor ^^

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Wow I am amazed by how you come with so many questions about color preference.

My favorite color is blue, especially the medium and the dark one, like navy blue, cobalt blue, etc.
I also like various type of green, black, orange, yellow-orange, golden orange. I like a lot of colors, actually. Most of them look good.

I don't associate and I have not really think about this before. If I have to, I will see the medium or dark blue as being deep, low-key, and humble.

I like both bright color and de-saturated color. I have a particular taste in subdue, dark/medium value color or earth-toned ones, but also white. It has a lot to do with my mood, when I feel neutral, I just prefer the earthy or dark ones. If I am excited then I think about something bright like pure red, yellow, and blue. It also depends a lot on the context and what do I use them for. Painting? clothes? decoration? In paintings/drawings it has more to do with color combination rather than individual choices, and I enjoy coming up with special but nice and sophisticated combination.

I don't know. Never think about it, and I seldom feel about color like this, even if you ask me and I try to think about it now. For me, the only or very main thing about color feeling attractive or comfortable or not to me is the visual relationship between each of them, and the visual effect resulted from a particular combo of color. Like it looks pretty, it looks cool, it looks delicious, etc.

I don't like hot pink. I also don't like pure bright red for most real life occasion. However, when it is used well, I might still like it. But pure red is one of my favorite color choices in drawing/painting because it always create peculiar, enigmatic, disturbing, or stunning feeling when used in a non-realistic way.

I don't know. Hot pink is just disturbing.

I don't like those optical effect thing where you have a bright red and a bright green with the same value sitting with each other.
Untitled-1.jpg
Something like this but there are some even more annoying/dizzying images out there.

Sometime artists and painters create certain combinations that are meant to make you feel (emotionally) uncomfortable and disturbed but such combination is hard to be described by words because its a visual effect. But then it doesn't mean I don't like that combination itself, and I might even admire the color and how clever and great it is.

Yes my clothes are mainly dark blue or black but I also have other colors. I Don't have much clothes.

I don't have a particular preference. Simply white wall might be the smartest option, with artwork hanging on it. I mean a pastel blue wall is nice, but it might get boring after a while especially because this is the color I like and use in many other ways already, and I wouldn't want to hate my favorite color. I like wood desk in light brown, light oak color, black/grey rolling chair, black/dark brown/dark grey bookshelf, deep blue bed sheet. I don't think I want any red or bright yellow wall, but it will be nice to have a small amount of red or yellow decoration to brighten things up.

I see blue/deep blue being related to introversion and non-verbal introspection. Fi with some Ni (I see Ni as more of a deep purple though).

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
1. What are your favorite Colors? I tend to like red.

2. What do you associate your favorite colors with? My father's sports car when I was little. Red is happy.

3. Which Color Schemes do you prefer? Something like this:

4. What mood/ambiance or associations do you have with your favorite color schemes that makes them comfortable or attractive to you? It's very familiar and comfortable.

5. What colors do you particularly dislike? This:

6. What do you associate your least favorite colors with? Sickness.

7. Do you dislike any particular color combinations? And why? Purple and red. I'm pretty sure people that use purple and red together are trying blind me.

8. Do you wear a lot of your favorite colors? If your wardrobe doesn’t reflect your favorite colors, what ones do you normally wear and is there any particular reason why? I wear red and many other colours.

9. Without considering your current ability to redecorate, what colors would you preferably use to decorate your home or bedroom? Would you have the same everywhere or different schemes for different areas? Why would you choose those colors or color-schemes? My living room has a similar pattern to the scheme I like at the top. Rest of the colour schemes are kind of random. There's only so much thought I'm going to invest into decorating.

10. How would you relate your favorite colors to your personality? Do you see any connection or association? I suppose red is a more extraverted colour.

·
Registered
15,618 Posts
Of course tastes are separate from Personality, but I’m curious how individual people view their taste in colors in relation to their personality. For some people it seems like they strongly identify with certain colors, while other people don’t. Each person is likely to have slightly different associations with certain colors.

seafoam green is my favorite color - no green has always been my favorite color my whole life

Amusement and optimism the color makes me feel happy

Pastel

It looks surreal and dreamy

Purple and bright yellow

Annoyance and migraines

Purple and yellow - it's a horrid combination and it hurts to look at

No - I usually wear light blue or soft pastel colors that I like , I rarely wear my favorite color - there's a fine line between favorite color and favorite colors to wear

Home - mint green and dark wood with light color

Room- vintage red and pink - autumn theme

I think green is a peace color and I'm quite tranquil - but quite sure it's a coincidence

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Blue

Blue: calm, peace, quiet, soft, sensitive, innocence

Black with either, cerulean blue, crimson red or scourge green(yes, world of warcraft ^^)

I like purple/blue/blackish stuff. It's so calming and celestial.

Grey perhaps. Mashing up all the colors in existence is a bad idea afterall.

I have this weird association of grey and nausea. As a kid I remember getting nauseous looking at my grey toy cars. It became know as.. wait for it...

THE PUKEY COLOR

Red, orangey. It makes me think of sundowns and sundowns make me sad :( (damn you, childhood associations)

I like going all black with a hint of cerulean blue. It just has this 'me' feel to it...

This istoo muc effort so I'll just leave it with my room. Blue with vanilla white.

Blue: calm, sensitive, quiet...
Some might find this interesting:

About 14 years ago I had an Out of Body Experience and when I looked at my ethereal body I saw it was shapeless. I was a white misty something and in my center was a bright pin point of light. It looked like a cerulean/azure colored diamond, calmly pulsating its rays outward. With some hints of navy as it did this. (it wasn't an actual diamond, but, uhm, it's hard to explain)

It was so beautiful. What if our fav colour has something to do with this?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Jewel tones - deep blues, greens, reds, purples
ochre
livid
charcoal gray

Jewel tones - sumptuous fabrics, like silk or velvet. Ochre - sunshine, wheat, summer. Livid - eyes, the ocean, leather purses. Charcoal gray - winter, storms, desolation

White/seafoam green
White/taupe
Purple/Gold (metallic)
White/Black/Red
Gray/yellow

I like colors that evoke a different time or age. They feel quite romatic.

Greenish gray. Yellowy black. They both look dirty to me.

Pink is too stereotypically female. I dislike the white/black/bright pink color theme because it is so common.

Neons paired together are too overwhelming.

My wardrobe reflects my favorite colors pretty well. I'm a huge fan of scarves, so I have a lot of scarves in colors that aren't my favorite because there were only so many colorways to choose from. There is a lot of blue in my wardrobe as well, not just the specific blues that are my favorite. Probably because I wear jeans quite frequently.

I just moved, so every room is currently decorated in colors I love. Its the same color scheme for connected rooms: living room/dining room/kitchen/hallway. And then each bedroom and office has its own color scheme. I like variety, plus my husband picked his own colors for his bathroom and office. So there's a lot of variety.

I'm not a fan of bright colors. Even for traditionally bright colors, like yellow, I like a muted variant. I would think this is probably keeping in line with being an introvert.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

This one, and red, and pink and yellow. My previous favorite color was yellow up until like two years ago, it had been yellow since high school.

I think purple is just interesting, it's got kind of an attitude, sorta...well the one I like does. Neon purple. It's just cool. I love bright colors.

I like bright colors paired with black or white. I hate neutral colors, they suck. They remind me of uniforms. Except tan, tan is alright.

They're just catchy and lively, and like youthful I guess?

Navy, khaki, neutral shades of green (that aren't like, neon or bright), dark versions of colors in general. Pastels are alright though. And light grey, that's cool sometimes too.

Like I said, they just remind me of uniforms. And they're boring, they don't stand out. I like, really do not like them.

Just any of the colors I dislike, I guess.

If I'm in a good mood, yeah. Otherwise I just wear ratty clothes. But all of my clothes are in my preferred color scheme. I have lots of black and bright colors.

All the above. Tan walls, probably, and then decorate all the other stuff with bright colors, black, and white. I dunno, I don't plan my space. I just collect stuff I like, and it ends up usually being very colorful or standing out somehow. Why? Because it's nice to live in a place that matches your personality I guess. Which is why I could never live in a log cabin.

10. How would you relate your favorite colors to your personality? Do you see any connection or association? [/QUOTE]

They're fun, different, attractive I guess (I mean, I think my personality is attractive...I hope so...). Interesting. They're very sensory, which makes me think I have high Se, but could just be Pe dominance in general. I dono, you tell me?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm an INFJ. Personally I don't feel like my favorite colors reflect the INFJ personality much. Perhaps they're more reflective of my enneagram (3w4). Here goes:

1. What are your favorite Colors? (Do you even have favorite colors? And have they changed over the years?). when I was younger my favorite colors were green and black. Now my favorite colors are definitely red, black, gold, and silver.

2. What do you associate your favorite colors with? I associate red with anger, passion, power, and intensity. Black with sadness, depth, and/ or mysterious quality. Gold with honor, prestige, success, high value, and wealth. Silver kind of means the same to me as gold, only a little bit less intense.

. I love warm colors. I usually always wear bright pink, red, orange etc. I also love anything shiny!

. I like the warmth and attraction that warm colors such as red and gold seem to give off. When I feel a bit shaky, I wear something red or eye catching to make myself look and feel more confident. Plus I like the attention it gives me although I am strangely uncomfortable with that attention I crave and attract.
5. What colors do you particularly dislike? (Do you dislike any?) I HATE tan and gray. Also, I'm not too fond of overly bright yellows, even though I like other bright colors.

6. What do you associate your least favorite colors with? (Like grey is boring, turquoise has a cheesy association with the styles that were popular in my childhood, light yellow is too cheerful and innocent). Hmm. With brown and/or tan I think of dirt and feces. Pretty disgusting, I know. That's why I hate it! Gray seems boring, but also kind of grim and lifeless. Bright, in your face is just overly cheerful and annoying, like Barney or something lol

7. Do you dislike any particular color combinations? And why? I don't like the combination of red and blue.

8. Do you wear a lot of your favorite colors? If your wardrobe doesn’t reflect your favorite colors, what ones do you normally wear and is there any particular reason why? I wear nothing but my favorite colors. I often wear red and black, and often wear gold or silver on days when I'm not wearing red. Occasionally I'll wear neon green or orange or something like that. Then I'll have days when I wear all white and I look like a bride. If you haven't already noticed, I have an eccentric fashion style.

. My house needs to be a place of peace and tranquility. The walls are, and should remain, light blue, light purple and white. Basically anything pastel is fine.

Now that I've finished this questionnaire, I can see more of a connection between my favorite colors and my personality. Red relates to INFJ since it is so passionate and intense, and sometimes extremely romantic. I am very much like this, and I think most INFJs are. Black also seems fitting with the INFJ type because of it's mysterious quality and amount of depth,,and INFJs are and usually come across as very complex, mysterious people with deep thoughts. As for gold and silver, they do not seem relevant to the INFJ type but do seem to reflect my enneagram, which is 3. They represent honor, success, and prestige and that is what all 3s strive for.

·
Registered
733 Posts

Green, grey, black, lilac, burgundy, teal.

Green – Nature, peace
Grey – Uh, I don't know how to describe it. Something along the lines of solitude and reflection? (Just noticed your description of grey; contemplative is probably the right word for it.)
Black – Strength, boldness
Lilac – Gentleness, kindness
Burgundy – Class, elegance
Teal – Optimism, cleansing

Warm, Earthy, Autumn, “Light/Airy” (whites and maybe more subtle colors), though not necessarily “Bright”.

I like whatever these rooms are doing with their colors.

Well the first picture I showed makes me feel calm and even a bit focused.

Second one makes me feel at peace and somewhat carefree.

Third makes me feel calm and sensitive.

Fourth... same as #1 probably.

Fifth... just makes me feel a contentness.

I don't like yellow very much.

Yellow is too bright and annoying. It just seems to overpower everything else. Red is also one I tend to not like, unless it's on the darker side. I don't know why I don't like it.

Black + any bright color. It just hurts my eyes so much. And usually tends to look too distracting.

Yes, all of my favorites. I also tend to wear navy and brown even though I didn't list them as favorites. Also, I don't like to wear white, but I like to incorporate a lot of white in my surroundings/interior.

See the pictures I posted above. :) Oh, or maybe I'll do the kitchen, bedroom, office, and bathroom here.

My kitchen has to be light and airy like this. I can't stand dark kitchens.

When I'm in the bathroom I like to feel a little more feminine, so I would like something like this. Also, I often use a lavender bubble bath, so this would really add to the experience I think.

For the bedroom, I could go for a variety of styles. I'm not sure what to put here.

Not a picture of an office, but this is the kind of feel I'd like for one. It feels calm, focused, structured.

Yes, I do see the connection there. Green and grey are my very favorites and I would absolutely say the way I described them reflect who I am inside. Even all of the other ones (except perhaps black) are ways I would describe myself or others would describe me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
-My favorite color is purple, and it usually always been.

-The color purple reminds me of hope and peace.

-ranges from light to dark......
1. Apricot color scheme
Picture-8.png
2. and this one
e46fca9257ecdc04d678271e49560e46.jpg

- The apricot color scheme reminds me of peace and harmony
-The second one reminds me of depth and complexity

-I don't dislike any colors

-Read number 5

-No

-I guess I usually wear darker colors

-I would choose the colors schemes I chose in question number 3
-The darker colors would be in my room and the lighter colors would be in my living room/ kitchen.

- hope, honesty, harmony, and peace (purple)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dark green, some shades of purple, white, black, pale yellow, and absolutely any shade of blue.

Dark green is peaceful and tranquil, purple is calm but mysterious, white is also just peaceful, black is a little more sophisticated, pale yellow is hopeful, and blue is just me.

Blue and white, blue and yellow, blue and black, green and white.

I just need this kind of peaceful feel to colors to really get into them.

That kind of burnt brown orange color. I hate wearing red, but I don't mind it as a color.

A chair I had as a kid. I liked that chair, so I don't know why I hate the color so much.

Purple and orange, purple and yellow. I asked for a purple and yellow tutu for my fifth birthday party and got it, but didn't realize how ugly it was going to be, especially when everyone else at my party was wearing tutus that matched. :)

I'm pretty much always wearing something blue, green, purple, white or black. Cool colors.

I'd probably just make my house look like a giant IKEA. I love Swedish decor and I'm not rich, so.

10. How would you relate your favorite colors to your personality? Do you see any connection or association? [/QUOTE]
Not really! I don't know why I gravitate towards cool colors so much.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts

1. What are your favorite Colors? Red is the first favourite colour I remember having. I eventually switched to purple, and green, but then went back to red again. It's been red for a long time. But purple and green are still my other favourites. Mostly deep purples and oliveish greens.

2. What do you associate your favorite colors with? Red is boldness and richness of feeling, honesty, beauty. Purple is deep and mysterious and an "old soul". Green is self-efficacy, a gentle wildness, and spirit.

3. Which Color Schemes do you prefer? I love pink blue and green? That is the ONLY time I like pink or blue. It's weird. Other than that I like black and red. Or black and silver, or black and gold. I also do like autumn colours.

4. What mood/ambiance or associations do you have with your favorite color schemes that makes them comfortable or attractive to you? The pink, blue and green combination is... I don't know, magical and dainty?! The black and ____ combinations are just sharp to me and I have synaesthetic explanations but I don't feel like trying to put it into words. Autumn colours are self-preserving comfort.

5. What colors do you particularly dislike? Pink alone, blue alone, orange.

6. What do you associate your least favorite colors with? They just make me feel gross. Pink is fake. Blue is boring and depressing. Orange is angst

7. Do you dislike any particular color combinations? And why? I don't know. Most pastel combos probably.

8. Do you wear a lot of your favorite colors? If your wardrobe doesn’t reflect your favorite colors, what ones do you normally wear and is there any particular reason why? I do wear a lot of red because it makes me feel happy and look hot. Other than that I wear a lot of blacks and grays. I don't like to stand out.

9. Without considering your current ability to redecorate, what colors would you preferably use to decorate your home or bedroom? Would you have the same everywhere or different schemes for different areas? Why would you choose those colors or color-schemes? Oh man. Not red. Purples and greens. Lots of colour. Oh beautiful. It would feel "right". I once dated someone whose bedroom walls were a perfect shade of green. And one thing I miss about dating them was being in that bedroom. Like, for that reason in particular. Among others. But I'm not even kidding here, lol. So I definitely want green walls one day.

10. How would you relate your favorite colors to your personality? Do you see any connection or association? I do have a lot of richness in feeling, that's for sure. I don't know. I think red, purple and green do fit my personality pretty well...

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
now to answer my own questions:
Green: darker greens more on the yellow side
Purple: mostly darker both on the bluish side and also plum, I do like lavender too but not quite as much
Burgundy: or dark reds in general, not anything bright

and only when transparent on glass I like Deep Brilliant Blue

When I was younger my favorites used to be very light pink, purple, and bluish-green so... my taste has changed a little but not drastically

hmm.... Green usually registers as refreshing and relaxing, also vitality and goodness and health, I feel comfortable or at home with it, and of course there is the association with trees and plants and nature which I like. Because of the nature association it also has an association with elves and fairies which I really like.

Purple seems to often be associated with imagination and creativity as well as royalty, and these are connotations I can agree with. Purple feels ethereal and magical to me, and the dark purples that I like also feel 'deep' and 'contemplative', and they often make me think of rich velvet. I think I kind of picture my inner world/soul as being deep purple, but it drinks in green for energy and renewal

Burgundy has sort of a wealth and comfort connotation, it's a 'rich' color but also sort of a 'cozy' color and is associated with antique things for me for some reason.

Blue Glass just really captivates me, I don't know why, it's intense and I can just stare into it in awe

- Dark Olive or Pine Greens with Burgundy/Wine/Plum, Gold, and Dark Redish-Browns

- dark greens, grey greens, a range of browns, maybe a little 'burnt' orange (not tooo autumny though)

- Green and Black and possibly White/Silver/Grey, this to me is very refined and classy looking but doesn't have the edgyness or drama that red with black/white does (which isn't really my style)

- Dark or 'gem-tone' greens with white

- Green with Purple

- Black with Purple and Silver, possibly with green as well - it annoys me that black with green or purple is frequently used for villains :(

- medium to soft yellow-greens with white, lavender, and either pale pink or pale yellow

- Browns with White and possibly very Light Yellow

I think I should make a picture... I have mental names for these schemes

- Burgundy and Dark Green with Dark Brown and Gold make me think of an old-fashioned man's sudy, with bookcases and leather wingback chairs, they lend a feeling of comfort and contemplation, Plum adds a touch of something more imaginitive or perhaps a little more feminine.

Green and Brown makes me think of forests (I love tress), and being peaceful, relaxed, and safe (sheltered by trees and leaves)

with a little orange or golden yellow added to the green and brown in it has a warmer feeling, and more 'spicey' autumn, I really like the feeling in the air at autumn

while red with black and white has a dramatic effect, that's not really me, green provides a less... provocative dash of color, to me it is just as elegant but not as 'daring' or 'eye-catching' and I like it being a little more subtle while still being 'classy'. Green with black seems to me to have a little more mystery or ambiguity to it than red does. Red&Black says 'look at me, you know you want this' Green&Black in my mind raises questions instead 'who is she? what's her story? what secrets does she have?' in a non-clothing context green with black and white feels clean, serene, structured, and elegant.

Just Green and White together have a very pure feeling to me, peaceful, hopeful, light

- Green with Purple - flowers :) .... or sometimes dragons, together these two make sort of a fantasy aura for me

- Black & Purple with silver or green also has a fantasy (or a sci-fi) feeling but a little more 'serious', a little less playful imagination and more on the exploring the possibiltiies and demonstrating truths kind of fantasy. Black and Purple feels like the depths of space, stars, mysteries to contemplate, it's quiet and creative, it's the peace and inspiration of nighttime

- Greens with Light Pastels has a springtime connotation of lightheartedness, and also a sort of magical 'fairy' feel

- Brown with White has a 'simple' 'pure' 'relaxed' 'contemplative feeling to me, the brown adds a touch of warmth

- Neon anything, but especially 'highlighter yellow'
- Bright Bold or Primary colors, particularly the 'warm' ones
- Chartreuse/Lime any bright yellow-greens
- Minty green
- Teal-Turquoise-Aqua, any of those that are hard to categorize as either blue or green
- Magenta-Fucia-Hot-Pink, or pretty much any pink that isn't really light
- Salmon where it's halfway between pink and peach, I'm not real fond of peach/orange or most pinks
- 'pastey' colors which are not bright, but not really pastel either, peptobismol pink is a good example
- 'mauvey' colors which are light and sort of grey, like mauve and steel blue and sage green, the grey-greens can sometimes be good depending on the context but alone they're not really my favorites
- blues, I don't dislike all blues, but many of them, usually the ones more in the middle or closer to green, the purpley ones I tend to like better, I don't like the greyish ones but they can look nice with some of the other colors I like so in context I can like them okay

- neon - headaches, loud chaotic environments, grungy parts of town with lots of cheesy neon signs
- bright warm colors - high energy, they make me feel exhausted, also fire which I'm slightly phobic of
- chartreuse - being ill, poison, sour things
- mint green - toothpaste, it goes in your mouth, not on your walls, or car, or shirt.
- teal/turquoise - it feels sort of cheesy or dorky to me for some reason, awkward
- magneta/fucia - trendyness, modern popular teen girls with make-up and nail polish, or plastic girls toys
- salmon - also kinda sickly, like thousand island dressing which I don't like
- pastey - cheesyness, immitation/fake plastic instead of genuine, bubble gum - sickly sweet
- mauvey - 'country craft' decor, gossipy middle-aged ladies, following the rules, blandness
- blues - boring, overused, cold and empty, open and exposed - not safe

Red and Purple - there seems to be a power clash going on with them usually except the very dark or the pastel varieties, but normally they just register as indigestion and overwhelming

Purple with Orange - they're supposed to be close to complimentary but to me these just look so alien from eachother it's like I can't perceive whatever they're on as a cohesive thing.

Magenta/Fucia and Teal/Turquoise - I don't like either of these, and together while they do match nicely with eachother, they just sort of register as dorky or cheesy to me

Too many colors, especially when they are also bold (I'm not very fond of prints) - think children's play areas, or those native-american rugs with lots of different stripes in a variety of brights, darks, neutrals, mediums - they're just all over the place. I also dislike iridescent things for this reason (even if I do like rainbows in real life). Too many colors feels too scattered and chaotic, not cohesive.

Black and Bright Yellow - they tend to visually bleed into eachother creating a weird sickly-green effect, and they feel like they are fighting causing almost a strobe-light illusion which kills my eyes, darker more orangy yellows can work with black, but not the bright ones.

I also made a picture for these

yes. I mostly wear green with brown. I also have a lot of black which although it isn't a top favorite color it's still one I really like. I would like to have more purple and burgundy things, but somehow I don't seem to find them as often, I do have some of both though.

I like an antique feel as well as cozy dimly lit rooms, so ideally for my home I would go with Dark-Reddish-Wood everywhere along with Dark-Olive-Greens accented with bits of Gold, Plum, and Burgundy. I could also enjoy a range of lighter greens with white for a kitchen or bathroom. The naturey feeling of greens and browns is comfortable and peaceful for me, but I also like the the warmth and richness of the plums and burgundies.

The darker colors go with my more quiet, solitary, reserved nature - they don't draw attention, and the light pastels seem to go with my soft-feely-childlike side. The imaginative-magical connotation of purple seems to fit INFPs, and the naturey-simple-joys-brefoot-in-the-grass connotation of green seems to fit the INFPs and ISFPs I know.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
black, white, red, gray, violet/lilac, blue.
They didn't change over the years, except for gray. I didn't like gray as a kid.

black= darkness, but in a positive way. There's no light that hurts my eyes (I am very sensitive to light)
white= purity
red= blood and life
gray= a gray sky, rain (I love rain)
violet/lilac= it's a magical color to me
blue= calm

dunno, this honestly depends on the mood I am in

^^

light green, yellow, brown

light green= it hurts my eyes
yellow= it hurts my eyes
brown= it feels like I'm tasting a root in my mouth when I see brown

I dislike light green with purple and orange with violet
there's honestly no reason why I dislike them.

I wear black a lot. I also wear white a lot.
I have only one green shirt but it's not light green so I don't reallly mind wearing it

I would decorate my room white, red and blue (both light and dark blue). Pastel tone.

I think black and red represent my outer personality well (dark, often anry, at times bloody, with a dark sense of humor, etc.), but my mother says that when she thinks of me the colors she sees are light blue and white.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts