Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone is probably going to tell me that I've posted this under the wrong topic, but I think that the subject matter of this thread is relevant enough to typology.

I took the 23andme DNA test a month ago, and recently received my results. Health reports are no longer available through 23andme.com; however, it's possible to acquire a health report for $5 by importing your raw genetic data file into promethease.com.

The subject of this thread deals with the genes listed in the personality category of the health report - more specifically, I'd like to collect data comparing Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, Cognitive Functions, etc. with the rs53576 (oxytocin/empathy - Rs53576 - SNPedia) gene, the rs4680(warrior/worrier - Rs4680 - SNPedia) gene, and the ​rs1800955 (novelty seeking - http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs1800955) gene. Bear in mind that I have little experience with genetics, so please excuse me if I make a technical error at any point.

Since I am not the best judge of my own personality traits, I won't say whether or not I agree with the personality-related diagnoses of my report. To begin, I'll expound on my results.

Firstly, I have the
rs53576(A;G) gene. This particular genotype allegedly indicates that I may have a lack of empathy.

Secondly, I have the rs4680(G;G) genotype. This is a copied and pasted description of the G;G allele from the promethease website - "less exploratory, higher COMT enzymatic activity, therefore lower dopamine levels; higher pain threshold, better stress resiliency, albeit with a modest reduction in executive cognition performance under most conditions."
I can vouch for the pain threshold part, since it's a tangible effect of this genotype; although I've been tested to have above average intelligence by a gifted program that I was part of in grade school.

Thirdly, I have the
rs1800955(C;T) genotype, which is associated with novelty-seeking behavior.

I'm probably an ISTP, INTP, or INFP. Enneagram type 5 or 9.

I'm interested to see if there is a correlation between personality types and personality-related genes, so post your genotypes if you know them :)

Edit: I thought I'd share some other details from my 23andme page just for fun. 3.3% Neanderthal DNA. Maternal line: U8b, a subgroup of R
Paternal Line: I1

96.8%

European

Northern European

40.6%

British & Irish

12.9%

French & German

2.4%

Scandinavian

33.2%

Broadly Northern European

Southern European

0.3%

Iberian

0.1%

Italian

2.5%

Broadly Southern European

0.5%

Eastern European

4.3%

Broadly European

2.0%

Sub-Saharan African

1.6%

West African

0.3%

Central & South African

0.1%

East African

0.1%

Broadly Sub-Saharan African

1.1%

East Asian & Native American

1.0%

Native American

< 0.1%

Southeast Asian

East Asian

< 0.1%

Broadly East Asian

0.1%

Broadly East Asian & Native American

0.1%

Unassigned

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spent a year living in a pile of toxic waste. My senses are extra sharp now, and I can even will myself to instantly grow facial hair at any given moment.

·
Registered
940 Posts
@Dawd
i have a 23andme and did this!
Rs53576: AG
Rs4680: AA
Rs1800955: CT

i'm pretty much the same as you except i have the complete opposite AA for "rs4680":
(worrier) advantage in memory and attention tasks, associated with anxiety

also, about the empathy gene i think it relates to introversion/extroversion, not just feeling. i probably inherited a G from my mom who is definitely an ESFJ and very empathetic. i would expect most ExFxs to be GG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts