Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea whether people will participate in this or not...

But given that there seem to be so many people here, who are intelligent, creative (or at least claim to be) and who have many ideas floating around their heads (intps' i'm looking at you) or who know a lot about a particular subject, I thought it would be good to talk about these things in a bit more depth, considering they seem to have been largely neglected of late.
Don't feel discouraged if you don't think you can say anything smart enough. They don't have to be ground breaking, just formed from your OWN ideas.

Post videos discussing your own ideas or discussing an idea, or several ideas (big, dangerous, controversial, small, humorous, weird) or address a specifically defined question, under the following topic subjects;

Maths

Architecture

Religion

Art

Music

People and humanity

Sociology

Morals and ethics

Psychology

Science

Technology

Medicine

Politics and political theory

Technology

Media: Books/films/literary theory

The future

Miscellaneous
(how queer! srsly, I would love if someone made something you couldn't put under any of the subjects above)

Some general rules;

1. You must show the significance of these ideas. Do they have current significance? what are the implications (for the future, people etc)?

2. Frame the subject in the form of a question, e.g. "Are zombies real?" or via your line of argument e.g. "why you need to understand maths to understand the world"

3. Keep them to 10 minutes

4. Keep them concise as possible. Yes, I know this is difficult for NPs'

5. and most importantly THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX (or completely redesign the box). Be creative in your theory, handling of the subject, or presentation.

6. Nominate someone to respond to your video, or to do a video of their own

or alternatively,

7. fuck the rules, and talk about whatever you want in whatever way you want. Or you can just post a video you've already done

Please use this thread to

1. Respond to videos directly

2. Post your videos

3. Announce that you're going to do a video

4. Nominate people to do a video. Perhaps you know someone who has some good ideas? bully ahem, encourage them to make a video

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a great thread idea.

I hope I can get round to this video soon :happy:
Awesome! I was going to make a new video challenge thread, but I really didn't want to create one like the last one, because.. I'm sick of talking about myself, so... :laughing:

What topic(s) can we expect AB?

Oh and I tag laracroft to do a video.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'll do one if given a good question. Nova, I challenge you to tell us which perspective you think is most essential in life: objectivity or subjectivity and why.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Oh and I tag laracroft to do a video.
...er...no video camera *grins*

Anyway, AWESOME thread topic. I support sticky-ing it. It seems like it could be easily buried. But we wouldn't want that!

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll do one if given a good question. Nova, I challenge you to tell us which perspective you think is most essential in life: objectivity or subjectivity and why.
I'm probably going to regret this.. but I accept!.

Any particular subject area you would like like a question within?

...er...no video camera *grins*

Anyway, AWESOME thread topic. I support sticky-ing it. It seems like it could be easily buried. But we wouldn't want that!
Noooooo you aren't getting out of it that easily! do you have a digital camera that can record video? what about a camera phone? what about borrowing from a friend? *poke poke*

Well, I'll certainly try to think of something for this in the (hopefully) near future! Very nice idea!
Excellent. Just ask for a question here if you want prodding.

So can we post videos by others who echo our thoughts, or just by us?
Preferably by you. Though if you wish to build off the thoughts of someone else, by all means go ahead. A

I WILL be making a video on Politics and political theory
: )
My favourite topic! I look forward to it.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
Awesome! I was going to make a new video challenge thread, but I really didn't want to create one like the last one, because.. I'm sick of talking about myself, so... :laughing:
Wait...does this mean you made a video challenge vid and I didn't see it?
Link?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Noooooo you aren't getting out of it that easily! do you have a digital camera that can record video? what about a camera phone? what about borrowing from a friend? *poke poke*
If someone gives me a subject area or topic, I might consider it :laughing:

Wait...does this mean you made a video challenge vid and I didn't see it? Link?
She doesn't have a PC challenge video that I know of, but...
Wherein Nova gives us an indepth peak into her life:
YouTube - Hi PerC

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
When I find out how to use a video camrea I am so doing this.

But I'm blocking out my face so don't get excited.:laughing:

Reactions: susurration

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
I have no idea whether people will participate in this or not...

But given that there seem to be so many people here, who are intelligent, creative (or at least claim to be) and who have many ideas floating around their heads (intps' i'm looking at you) or who know a lot about a particular subject, I thought it would be good to talk about these things in a bit more depth, considering they seem to have been largely neglected of late.
YouTube - (One Time I Sucked) Six In A Row

1 - 20 of 27 Posts