Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small uninteresting question here, but anyway..

Is anyone else annoyed by the immense amount of thread updates in your email messages?

It can probably be disabled, I hope so anyway, because it runs riot in your inbox

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
you subscribe too much to threads... please turn them off... PerC isn't going anywhere...

threads get buried anyway.. you're not missing much... declutter your inbox already.

·
Registered
451 Posts

Is anyone else annoyed by the immense amount of thread updates in your email messages?

It can probably be disabled, I hope so anyway, because it runs riot in your inbox
Settings -> General Settings -> Default Thread Subscription Mode, change as desired

Then under Subscriptions, you can use the check boxes and Selected Threads button at the bottom to change the notification setting for the threads you're already subscribed to.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

I recently set up a rule sending them all straight to trash. My inbox is looking much prettier now.

Reactions: William808

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I changed the settings to not email me when there was a new post after two weeks. My inbox was being spammed 24/7.

Reactions: William808

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently set up a rule sending them all straight to trash. My inbox is looking much prettier now.
Seems to be sorted now, deleting subscriptions did the trick. But yeah, the subscription to a thread seems to happen automatically, as soon as you post something on that thread. Must check for the straight to trash option too.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Since part was explained with pictures, why not show the other part too.

Edit Settings > My Subscriptions > Subscriptions

You now get a list of all subscribed threads and their notification method.

Mine all say "none" for instance.

Check the threads, click selected threads button and:

Select your update method. "Through my control panel only" seems to never send me messages at all but keeps track of the threads on subscription still.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
Weird, I've never subscribed to anything -- the inbox clutter would be horrific.

I just haunt New Posts, General Advice, INTP subforum, and Sex and Relationships. And if I can't find a thread I posted in recently, I just go through my Recent Posts list on my profile page.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I always thought it was weird that thread subscription is on by default. That's a... surprising design choice. One of the first things I did when I joined was shut it off.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Weirdly, I kind of like to leave it on so it keeps me vaguely engaged. I end up deleting all of them, which is a bit of work given I don't look at a good number of them, but sometimes I do like knowing where activity is so I actually check some threads and stay active. Without annoying email reminders, I might not read as much and therefore would post less often.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.