I would say he will most likely split it from the forum eventually. It is pretty much a beta tester right now.Just a question here since I've never owned a forum but won't this add to the cost of keeping the forum up? I mean, aside from being a ridiculous notion (we are not eharmony dammit), if this works then won't there be larger influx of people? This seems like an entirely useless feature that will do more damage then good to me.
PersonalityCafe - Myers Briggs Dating
We need people making profiles to work out the bugs. If you don't want to date then choose penpal or somethgin.
Lance you need more height levels. You are missing some around 5 foot 9. If I were you Lance i would make an account on plenty of fish and grab some ideas from that site.
Thanks for trying it out and informing of the bugs. I'll fix it asap. Like treebob says its in beta so don't expect it to be perfect. I will add more soon and I'll try to grab some ideas from other dating sites..I made a profile to work out bugs.
Some notable issues:
Anyway... interesting idea.
- Height is missing anything in the 10" and 11" range, it jumps straight from 5'9" to 6'0".
- Weight? You expect women to admit this? Another issue is that you're using it to eyeball someone's appearance, but I know solid women who weigh far more than what they look, and other women who look heavy but don't weigh that much. It's a pretty lousy indicator. You'd do better using "body shape type" or something, along with height.
- United States was misspelled as "Staes" or "Sates" or something.
- The strengths/weaknesses indicators aren't great as implemented either.... not enough options, so you can get stuck with something that doesn't really describe you.... PLUS no degree of "strength" there either. I mean, who would rate themselves as "unstable" considering it makes you sound like a lunatic? Same with the others. Either a LOT more variety... or strength of indicator needs to be added somehow.
- More options to gender preferences ("either" along with "male/female" would be good).
- More options to frequency of drinking or smoking. The words chosen skip over that whole middle range --- more than "rarely" but less than "often/regularly." Also doesn't say how many drinks. As an indicator, this field should be more precise or else abolished altogether because it's giving a false indication.
Update on written profile (shown below):
is an INTP Female, 40 years old, living in Harrisburg, PA, United Sates. She became a Member of our community on 09-09-2009 hoping to find a Male aged from 25 to 45, from the Same State and targeted to Friendship. (Ummm... Didn't join PersonalityCafe to scope out guys!)
Talking about her life, she said that she is Separated, with children living elsewhere, Caucasian, Agnostic in her religion and having a Bachelor'degree education level. (remove apostrophe after Bachelor)
She is considered as Good looking in overall appearance, having 533 height and 180 lbs weight, with Brown eyes and Brown hairs. (yikes, where?) She has Sagittarius sign and her best point is Honest while her worst is Moody. In daily life she smokes Never and drinks Rarely.
- the height # is totally wrong
- "weighs 180 lbs"
- Her astrological sign is Sagittarius, and her best point is being honest while her worst is being moody. (The adjective list should all be of similar style so they plug in correctly to the text.)
- In daily life, she Never smokes and Rarely drinks. (putting the adjectives first might work)
Not really. This won't add much to the forum cost. It does not take that many queries in the mysql since most of it is in file. I don't think there would be a large influx of people really since this script is not as complex as other dating sites. Like you said we are not eharmony. I don't know why its useless? I created this simply because I saw the need to make a dating script specifically for the mbti. This would also benefit many in real life if its successful so I don't see why its useless. We need to build up the memberships though. :laughing:Just a question here since I've never owned a forum but won't this add to the cost of keeping the forum up? I mean, aside from being a ridiculous notion (we are not eharmony dammit), if this works then won't there be larger influx of people? This seems like an entirely useless feature that will do more damage then good to me.
There has been another MBTI type dating service that was free for a bit then they started charging. Now nobody goes there. Plenty of Fish is huge and free. Might be good to keep it this way for now.What a neat idea. Maybe you can make the dating portion of the site something people have to pay to use unless they have been an active member for a certain amount of time, or posted a certain number of posts. This would allow you to make money off of the people who come here just to use the dating feature, and would help you to keep the rest of the forum running. It would also limit the dating section so it wouldn't get overrun by random singles who weren't all that interested in MBTI.
Posted via Mobile Device
hat is what killed the other MBTI site. You could browse for free but to send messages it was like $20 for a couple.Sure, at least at first. Another option would be to have special features that can be purchased, a free dating service that can be upgraded for a price.
Posted via Mobile Device