Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if there was an actual Personality Cafe? I wonder if the introverts would have the social skills to mingle with each other. I personally don't know any other INFP's, so I don't know what it's like to socialize with my own kind. I went out to eat tonight with my "normal" friends. I feel like I'm boring to them because I'm not a very good conversationlist. My mind wanders and I don't pay attention to certain details in the conversation. I don't know if I appear as awkward as I feel. But I'm not good at small talk, and I usually just sit there and listen to others speak, occasionally interjecting my thoughts if I feel inclined.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Yeah, I feel the same.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
If there was a real "Personality Cafe" me and surreal would be the waiter and Cryptonia, Trope, and Nephilm can be the manager while snail, Jenn, and lunniey can be the waitress. jkjk

In all seriousness though, I think us introverts can be great to start conversations with. We tend to listen more rather than openly speak our minds. The problem with us is that we don't know how to keep a conversation going which makes it very uncomfortable for both us and the opposing personality. This is from personal experience.

·
Registered
871 Posts
it's remarkable what a well-placed ENFP can do for a pack of introverts, though. I have 3 introverted friends here, and we never talk to each other until he comes to spark up the conversation... but once he does, everyone comes out of their shells without even any effort on his part.

so if it were a true personality cafe, it'd be pretty sweet... but no, I don't think a pack of introverts would really do well together without someone to pump a little life into the conversation.

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. I'm fine with responding to someone else's questions or remarks, but I have to feed off of their initiative. If the conversation goes dead, I usually can't resurrect it on my own.

Everyone could wear those little "Hello My Name Is" stickers. Only it would say your type. Sounds like a great idea for an entrepreneur.

·
Registered
871 Posts
haha that would be phenomenal. I'm pretty good at typing people as it is, but it does take a while of talking to them first. Then I can use the information to come up with things they would probably find interesting. That's no real help, though, for getting to know them... and since there's so little overlap between what I care about and what most other people do, I'm not sure it'd matter anyway.

Still... no information about someone is useless.

·
15,420 Posts
If there was a real "Personality Cafe" me and surreal would be the waiter and Cryptonia, Trope, and Nephilm can be the manager while snail, Jenn, and lunniey can be the waitress. jkjk
Why do I have to be a waitress? I'm not social enough to be a good waitress, and I'd get really bored with a job that didn't leave room for much creativity. Can't I be part of the live band?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Snail, poet/musical entertainment on at 5pm each evening.. Jenn, art teacher in the craft room out back.. Lance, network administrator for the internet café.. Trope, cynical newsagency attendant. cryptonia, napoleon dynamite impersonator/logistics and health/safety.. Dave, waiter. Myself. Human resources and Complaints.

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do I have to be a waitress? I'm not social enough to be a good waitress, and I'd get really bored with a job that didn't leave room for much creativity. Can't I be part of the live band?
I'll be a waitress...I mean waiter. I don't have any experience in it though. I think I can be social if the occasion calls for it. And it's not like you have to be a great conversationalist. You just say the same lines over and over again. But I have a bad memory. That could be a problem.

·
15,420 Posts
Get an NT waiter who can remember the orders without writing anything on a pad. That always impresses the customers. Who will cook?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Get an NT waiter who can remember the orders without writing anything on a pad. That always impresses the customers. Who will cook?
Oh hai! :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Cook, oh, anyone who wants to, though I know I'm a mean chef. Hey, I can handle the complaints in the kitchen where the sharp things are, unless someone does it in the meantime.

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We should have themed events where employees and customers dress in costumes. Historical eras and such...

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Cook, oh, anyone who wants to, though I know I'm a mean chef. Hey, I can handle the complaints in the kitchen where the sharp things are, unless someone does it in the meantime.
You'd probably be good at anything in the restaurant then. There is a lot of criticism that comes with running a restaurant, lots and lots of mean people. I'm a host at one, and I admire the way some of the people take the criticism, well... at least in front of the customers, haha :)

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is a bit off-topic, but I think I'm in love with my avatar. She gets more beautiful every time I see her. Her name is Avataria. She is my imaginary lover.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You'd probably be good at anything in the restaurant then. There is a lot of criticism that comes with running a restaurant, lots and lots of mean people. I'm a host at one, and I admire the way some of the people take the criticism, well... at least in front of the customers, haha :)
Worked as a sous chef for a while in my teens. Damn there are some tempers in the kitchen. Once took three of us to hold back the head when someone complained about his kitchen. I also respect the people on the floor, takes a lot of patience.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Worked as a sous chef for a while in my teens. Damn there are some tempers in the kitchen. Once took three of us to hold back the head when someone complained about his kitchen. I also respect the people on the floor, takes a lot of patience.
Yeah, I can't imagine. That's so cool that you worked as a sous chef though, I like cooking :) I made some orange chicken a few nights ago.

But yes, it does take a lot of patience. As a host, I don't see the people for too long, but I get to be the one to tell them their wait time, and at a busy restaurant like the one I work at, people don't get too happy. What makes me really mad, though, is when people complain about things in the restaurant that I don't have anything to do with.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts