Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this idea has been covered many different times before but i was wondering if anyone else's personality changes depending on the situation .
for example i give an INTP front to my family (to guard my feelings completely, i'm sure they would never guess i'm a feeler instead of a thinker )
my sense of humor when i'm comfortable turns me into a cynical ENTP
and when i'm ranting about something no matter who i'm with, turns me into an extrovert for a brief period.

i'm sure this is quite common for everyone, not just INFPs but i'm curious to see your responses .

still wasting the dawn,
AvaAdore

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm a bit of a personality/cog function chameleon - I learn how other people do their dominant mental processes or whatever distinguishes them from me, and then I learn how to use that cog process myself. So, since I started college, most of my professors are xNTPs. As a result, I seem to be using Ti a lot more often than I ever did before. I use Se (sometimes very poorly) around my ISFP mom and brother. So, I can seem like an xNTP or an ISFP as a result. A lot of times, socially, I seem like an ENxP (T or F depends on the crowd and my goal). When I was much younger, I was like an INFJ. It was a survival mode thing. Ni helped with that, I needed really good instincts about people and whatnot.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Without a doubt, I think its the yearning in us to make everyone happy so we sacrifice ourselves for than brief moment. I usually float around between the joker and the quiet one never really showing any extroverted side but mixing some S and the rare time J....:laughing:​

·
Banned
113 Posts
and when i'm ranting about something no matter who i'm with, turns me into an extrovert for a brief period.
this is because INFPs are very passionate about their value system. when disagreement occurs the INFP tends to viciously protect their morals and this is kinda ignited by their natural passionate desire.

also, i too turn into an ENTP when i'm in a funny and confident mood - although i just think that this is natural for an INFPs sense of humour.. when i'm in an extraverted mood this tends to happen when it just becomes borderline arrogant.

you also mentioned acting like a INTP as you believe this will protect your feeling function. there is a difference between acting and being. i do the same too when i'm with people who wouldn't exactly call themselves curious intellects, i just tend to talk about concepts and theories and patterns of the universe and any other shit that slurps out my mouth. :tongue:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts