Registered
2,713 Posts
what are the blue dots?!

Reactions: White River

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Views world as a chessboard"? That would be the only thing I'd refute about that.
I think the word "chessboard" is used as how we operate with the world. You always have a plan for what ever you do, plan A , plan B and probably plan C. Speaking for myself I always analyze everything and consider all possibilities before striking a move.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The blue dots seem to be the closet to INTJ.
I said "seem" because when I came across it I was researching INTJ.
"Closest" as measured by...?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I think the word "chessboard" is used as how we operate with the world. You always have a plan for what ever you do, plan A , plan B and probably plan C. Speaking for myself I always analyze everything and consider all possibilities before striking a move.
I have a plan to try and stop doing this.

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
"Closest" as measured by...?
I assume it means intuition. Three of the dotted types are intuitive dominants.

The pattern is intuition > thinking/feeling > judging/perceiving.

As for life being a game, while that is just one way of looking at it that can perhaps be seen as amoral, it can also be a very constructive way of looking at it and gives rise to 'game theory' itself, one of my favorite scientific subjects in fact. I would say, if you simply include moral values in the 'rules' of the game, then you're fine. It's the people who don't do this and don't understand the importance of moral values that you have to worry about, anything else about their world view is irrelevant.

·
Administrator
23,780 Posts
That's simply planning and having contingency plans. It's more an ENTJ thing I would think. Not for an introvert. I can see what is being said but it implies that an INTJ would want to deal with all those people. That they would be able to control all those damn people....

·
Registered
9,531 Posts
You all beat me to it. I too was going to ask about the blue dots. I chalk it up to having to pull a 12-hour overnighter at work last night and sleeping most of today.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Exactly, chess is too simplistic, too cut and dried.
Well, I don't know about that. I think most grandmasters would argue the game of chess is very complex compared to most other games. It's analogous to life in that each life situation you find yourself in, there are thousands of thousands of possible ways you could react (or "moves"), and you can close your eyes and visualize (and/or write down) what would be the best course of action.

Shannon number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How many possible moves in chess are there? - Yahoo! Answers

On the other hand, you could argue that it's not analogous to real life in the respect that it has a (fairly) small number of rules, such as the legal movement for chess pieces. In contrast life, has thousands of rules (laws, social norms, etc.) .

But all in all, I think its a decent and rough analogy. Chess is actually a pretty damn complex game, which is part of the reason it takes so long to become nationally + ranked. And I certainly wouldn't be surprised if many INTJ's agreed with the analogy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the INTP description, I think that this very post provides evidence for its accuracy. ("A love of problem solving and challenges others to think.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I said nothing about it being a simple game just that it's not analogous to real life. I treat my chessboard like a chessboard. My life on the other hand is a combination of a circus and a choose your own adventure novel.

My Life with the Clowns

·
Banned
78 Posts
I think it's more true when it comes to the INTJ than the ESFJ, at least when I think of those I know.. My ESFJ mom is far from thoughtful or harmonizing, and is not always appropriate, though she loves being a hostess.
As for my type (ENFP) most is correct, except for the "life of the party" part.. I think that's more ESFP. I don't even like parties :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts