Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be most likely Personalities for a Mission Oriented (Racist) Serial Killer who likes to tease and play hide-and-seek games with the police?
FYI this is for a movie screenplay.

·
Registered
30,020 Posts
Appearently some:
-treats people like objects
-arrogant
-genetics (warrior-gene)
-upbringing
-capability
-mainpulative
-brain (temporal, amygdala & frontal lobe)
-hot-head versus cold-hearted
-charming, glib, lack of empathy, doesn't care
-uses words to delay
-abnormal or lacking stress response (no cortisol)
-some seems bitter/paranoid
-get high from killing
-has been abused from early life

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I think an ESTJ might fit your description. This ESTJ would be efficient and precise, always double- and triple-checking his actions and decisions to make sure there's no mistakes.
Most of all, this killer would like the sport of it. He feels like he's doing necessary work, but he might at least be enjoying it if he's going to do it.
This ESTJ would be vain and arrogant, believing himself to be better than the law. He thinks if he just follows his procedures, nobody can touch him. He values competence and the police failing in even giving a clear description of his motives will provoke him to try and influence them.

On the other hand, this ESTJ is a productive member of society and seems clean from the outside. He is very proud that he's just hiding in plain sight and nobody has any idea of what he's really up to. He might need a confidant for this, as ESTJs can be very excitable for something they feel strongly about.

Do you think this ESTJ might fit your story? I can see other types fitting your character, but do it in completly different ways. Let me know if you want other ideas, I love this kind of stuff.

·
Banned
919 Posts
What would be most likely Personalities for a Mission Oriented (Racist) Serial Killer who likes to tease and play hide-and-seek games with the police?
FYI this is for a movie screenplay.
Psychopathy? All those qualities will be a result of psychopathy, not a personality type.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Psychopathy? All those qualities will be a result of psychopathy, not a personality type.
Oh yeah, that was the start of the first post I was writing before I was struck by inspiration.

Psychopathy can occur in all types and isn't limited to any type. Just like any type could in theory become a serial killer and every type can be racist. These are variables that don't say anything about type at all.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,186 Posts
Seen them ranging from ESFP to INTP.
There isn't really a 'type' for a serial killer. They come in all forms and sizes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts