Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:happy:

I registered just to ask you this, I hope you can offer some advice. My personality type has been driving me crazy.:frustrating: What I am is complicated. I think I'm an ESTP, I've done the test many times with the answers that felt right. Still, in my life, with others, I don't appear to be this kind of person. I mean if you asked my friends, they'd probably say that's not me. They'd say I'm shy and introverted and extremely nice and compassionate, etc. Basically they'd call me things that on the inside I don't feel comfortable with at all.

I did answer honestly and I chose the answers that I felt the most comfortable with. So in theory, I am supposed to be an ESTP. However, throughout my life, I've always been oppressed by my family. From the very start I was being told that I had too big of a mouth and to tone it down. My mother is completely passive, I can't describe her better than that. It's as if she had no life in her, she is just existing. So I sort of toned it down too because when I'm being myself, being so full of life that it shows, I always get something negative from her. Also, high school was a bad experience, I just withdrew completely while I was there (I felt terrible in general because of my home environment and parents).

Even though a few years have passed, I still can't seem to be myself - the real me. This is why this personality stuff is bugging me a lot. I know more and more who I am and what I like, still I can't let go if this persona that I invented to survive my teenage years. I hate myself for pretending to be something I'm not, yet I can't stop.

Has anyone heard of anything similar? I'd be interested very much!!:proud:

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a ESFP friend who lives in a very quiet family. I love visiting his house because it's very peaceful. He is a talkative guy, but has a rather [opposite of loud] voice, and doesn't mind quiet time. He is shy when the teacher calls him to answer something. But he's still popular as hell because he's funny and comfortable to talk to, he's friends with both the loud and quiet kids. He has that typical sensitivity and nerdiness of an introvert, while can handle conversation with witty outgoing kids. Because he's perfectly borderline, he knows how to please everyone and everyone love him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts