Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2012
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a visual person myself, I enjoy seeing cartoons or other visual overviews of personality types. I found (and made!) a few that I find helpful. (Some of them I don't fully understand out of context, so feel free to discuss!) Please share your own finds or creations, too! :happy:

(Photo Collages from www.enneagram.net)

Enneagram

My cartoon:

Enneagram Type 1

Enneagram Type 2

Enneagram Type 3

Enneagram Type 4

Enneagram Type 5

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Also: great post! I can relate to the last two 4 ones. (Well, that's an interesting sentence xD)
My problem is that I can relate really well to the 6 drawings, but I don't know if it's because I'm a sp type, or if 6 is really my head fix. :/

·
Registered
265 Posts
My problem is that I can relate really well to the 6 drawings, but I don't know if it's because I'm a sp type, or if 6 is really my head fix. :/
Your thought-process is sixish for sure! (and it could have been my thought...because i am exploring my sixness right now! :proud:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah...i thougth a long time about 4,5 and 9 (see my type-me-thread). But i think it's sixish to DOUBT and therefore to find someone/something to believe in. I never really identified with these things about "authority-issues" etc., but now i think it's kind of true for me. Authority can be nearly everything! A parent, a teacher, a "religious" system (ennegram!) etc. Now i am understaning my test-addictness (i LOVE tests and have done A LOT of testing! some tests a dozen times...). And why? Because after a short while i DOUBT the tests...and it continues... :wink: I thinks thats kind of sixish...

·
MOTM Feb 2012
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also: great post! I can relate to the last two 4 ones. (Well, that's an interesting sentence xD)
I think the 6 drawings very much exemplify 6ishness, not just sp-ness. :wink:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I think the 6 drawings very much exemplify 6ishness, not just sp-ness. :wink:
I think I would readily accept I was a 6 if I wasn't so terrified of being incompetent. I realized that when I first started working on a translation project recently. Every word seemed to be a potential error. I was terrified of looking stupid. I've gotten the impression that this is a 5ish fear. Am I right?

Then again, the 6 is always doubting. Hmm. I think I might have gotten stuck to the idea of being a 5 since I got it on the tritype test on this site. And I think I got this result because I like reading up on things, I really really love learning. But that is not exclusive to a 5...

The truth is, fear has been a problem in my life. I let it paralyze me often. I get extremely anxious. I think the 6s fear of losing security and need to be secure...I think those words were too vague for me to relate to. But I just might have a 6 in me. (Not sure if it's my core, though. I wasn't too fond of accepting my 4ness, but I've come to realize that yes, it IS me).

Is it possible that when I relate to 5s, it's because my head fix is 6w5, so 6w5 + 4w5 equals 5ish tendencies as well?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think I would readily accept I was a 6 if I wasn't so terrified of being incompetent. I realized that when I first started working on a translation project recently. Every word seemed to be a potential error. I was terrified of looking stupid. I've gotten the impression that this is a 5ish fear. Am I right?

Then again, the 6 is always doubting. Hmm. I think I might have gotten stuck to the idea of being a 5 since I got it on the tritype test on this site. And I think I got this result because I like reading up on things, I really really love learning. But that is not exclusive to a 5...

The truth is, fear has been a problem in my life. I let it paralyze me often. I get extremely anxious. I think the 6s fear of losing security and need to be secure...I think those words were too vague for me to relate to. But I just might have a 6 in me. (Not sure if it's my core, though. I wasn't too fond of accepting my 4ness, but I've come to realize that yes, it IS me).

Is it possible that when I relate to 5s, it's because my head fix is 6w5, so 6w5 + 4w5 equals 5ish tendencies as well?
- I think -in general- of a true 5 as somebody really confident (in things he believes are important!)

- 6's are not so confident about their competence and doubt themselves and their abilities frequently . For sixes "security" means confidence...i think! If that was right, it would have helped you with the translation, if an expert (as you see him/her) had confirmed your translation as good, right? The 5 would have thought that HE HIMSELF is the expert!
So, thats my interpretation...

- I also read 4 and 6 often seem identical. For me (as i, for now, consider me a 6) it would be NO OPTION to show my anxious! 4's are more open about their emotions...i think

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
@MBTI Enthusiast @mysterio I've been mulling over this since yesterday and reading on 5s and 6s. And I think it's obvious 6 is my head fix, and I'm not sure why I didn't see that before! Well, I relate a lot to the 5, but it must be the wings' influence. 6 makes so much sense to me now! (Still not 100% sure, need to look into this better when work isn't distracting me...That is a very 6ish thing to say, isn't it?)

·
Registered
265 Posts
@MBTI Enthusiast @mysterio I've been mulling over this since yesterday and reading on 5s and 6s. And I think it's obvious 6 is my head fix, and I'm not sure why I didn't see that before! Well, I relate a lot to the 5, but it must be the wings' influence. 6 makes so much sense to me now! (Still not 100% sure, need to look into this better when work isn't distracting me...That is a very 6ish thing to say, isn't it?)
Yeah, if you really are a 6, than doubt will be your companion for eternity! :proud:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts