Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how each of you other INFJ's have changed since you have discovered your type.

I know since I have discovered my personality type as INFJ, my personality has changed somewhat.
discovering "my identity" has been an interesting little roller-coaster ride from my more natural self. Has anyone else found this to be true. Do other people notice you are different since being on Personality cafe?

It doesn't have to be different in a good or bad way, I just noticed I am different. As in not quite similar to my self once I became "aware"

·
Registered
117 Posts
I learnt about my type a long while ago, so this is after reading mbti books not forums. After reading up on certain more negative traits indeed I've begun to work on them. Slowly becoming a more rounded person, as well as understanding and accepting why I tend to beehave in certain ways.

GW

·
Registered
19 Posts
I learnt about my type a long while ago
Same to me. I always knew there was something different and strange as my direct surrounding doesn’t seem to think and act like i thought was normal. later on i started to read more about my personality because i was a bit desperate, like why i feel so different. the INFJ personality description clears most of my questions. for my self i knew that this INFJ type was my thing. :cool:

greetings,

~InsideFeeling

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hmm.. I discovered my personalitytype a couple of years ago.. And yes, I've changed a lot since then.
I've always been an INFJ, but an INFJ can be so much.. :tongue: My preferences has changed I think;
My I and J has gotten weaker and my N is stronger now than two years ago..
I still recognize myself though, I am still "me".

But "me" changes as everything else in the world, so I have to get to know myself now and then..
I know myself so much that I know I'm not at "constant" like x or somethin' ;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't think discovering that I am INFJ had a big influence in my life. I already knew and I accepted that I am different from most of the others long ago and never questioned myself if I was wrong or right, simply because these 2 aspects never ruled my inner consciousness.
Having the emotional letdowns were the real problem for me, as I hardly could find anyone who would understand my ways or even being interested why I am so different from them. They rather saw me as a threat to their own emotional standings and tried to avoid me. Unfortunately, the INFJ thing didn't help me too much with this because I know who and how I am, my problem is if they know.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I guess it has increased by a large margin my self-awareness. Before I can describe who I am but now I know why I'm like this and can analyze past behaviors and notice things about myself that didn't seem so clear before. I really love this because I have a need to know everything inside out and understanding my decisions, thoughts and behaviors makes me feel serene. I haven't changed though.

·
Registered
440 Posts
it's funny because whenever i thought i changed, about a few months or a year later from the same point i feel the same way how i felt about myself a few years ago before then! : clueless reckless over the top and self-absorbed but i accept that because it's not how it seems... i was being truthful

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Self-awareness occurred for me way before I knew my mbti type.. It came as a gift veiled in a very grueling process that spanned a couple of years, as well as through constant reflection..

I'd always known I was an introvert but I took the next step when I came across some books about it or about solitude in general.. It gave me a much deeper perspective, and more so when I also found out I was HSP

Anyway to answer the question... finding out I was INFJ actually made me more curious about ESP lol. I feel like that is the road it has taken me on...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all of the responses. This has helped me a lot. :proud:

Many interesting responses I will most likely come back to reflect on.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and please.
if you are visiting this thread go ahead and post your experience in relation to my OP, even if you are not INFJ it will be helpful for me.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It caused me to hang out on this forum, and try to sneakily get people to take the test so I can judge them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I understand now why I feel so removed from so many people. Most people I know are Sensors. I used to think there was something wrong with me.

I feel more comefortable with myself now, and love my intuition. I find people more interesting now that I have this knowledge about preferences.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts