Personality Cafe banner

What do you mainly want from sex?

• I'm an Overseer and my motivation is to feel good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an Overseer and my motivation is to help someone else feel good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Creator and my motivation is to feel good.

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • I'm a Creator and my motivation is to help someone else feel good.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm an Intellect and my motivation is to feel good.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I'm an Intellect and my motivation is to help someone else feel good.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I'm a Dreamer and my motivation is to feel good.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I'm a Dreamer and my motivation is to help someone else feel good.

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • I am a virgin.

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • I have a different response, but I still like voting in polls.

Votes: 4 7.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see how each personality type is motivated when it comes to sex. Because, after all, there's nothing more sexy than an anonymous poll! ;) What would you say is your overwhelming motive for sex? Do you do it to feel good, or do you do it because you have a longing to make someone else feel good? Or is there another reason? By the way, sex because you enjoy feeling loved means doing it to feel good--not that there's anything wrong with that!

Please post more info in the thread if you have anything to add!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Many reasons, It is very fun. It feels amazing. It sometimes makes u feel wanted, or feel special or loved. It depends on what i need really to what drives me to have sex, But it does help with many different things, i use it instead of medicine

Reactions: Redwood

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added the poll, so you can choose an option now.

From your reply, it seems that you mostly do it to make yourself feel good--"medicine", "feel wanted, special, or loved". That's not necessarily a bad thing, by the way. We all want to feel loved! I edited my original post to include that--thanks for bring that up!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I don't know :) I agree with the posts above, I would just add "sometimes I just feel like having sex", out of nowhere, like being hungry, no reason at all. And yes because it is enjoyable too. I enjoy giving pleasure to my girl so in someway you could say I enjoy feeling what I feel when SHE feels... what she likes to feel. I love that.

Ohhh and don't judge me on this, but I also feel motivated for sex regarding acceptance (not mine). Sex is an awesome way to show somebody you accept her in many ways. So, many times I might NOT feel like having sex but I will be more than happy to do it to please my girl (no slave, manipulation or domination involved). I mean, sometimes ME having sex has nothing to do with sex.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Sometimes I just want to jump my partner's bones. No doubt because I want to feel good. I feel quite guilty about it, actually. I'm in a phase in my cycle where I have no sexual desire whatsoever, and can be reluctant when my partner wants some action. For instance, in the mornings, I wake up to his fondling and kissing me and I just want to be left alone to sleep. I'm quite selfish in this regard. I do care about pleasuring him (when we're having sex) and have done my homework on how to pleasure a man, but whenever I initiate sex, it's because I want to be pleasured.

Reactions: twoofthree

·
Banned
2,728 Posts
My motivation is to feel good. Always.
Honest. I never have an urge to feel bad from sex, either.

Many reasons, It is very fun. It feels amazing. It sometimes makes u feel wanted, or feel special or loved. It depends on what i need really to what drives me to have sex, But it does help with many different things, i use it instead of medicine
To complicate my answer above, sex satisfies physical urges or emotional needs at different times depending on my or a partner's wants. More often than not, I lapse into "service-mode" and focus on tending to a women's cravings. I'm simple to please - I need emotional intimacy and a climax. Women are emotionally complicated with a steep learning curve... and there's no manual included. *This needs to be turned on before this works and that goes off so you have to switch gears*...it's ever-changing. I guess I took the fun out of it in that description.

What I mean to say, is that I enjoy sex for the simple reasons and for the complex emotional bond that comes from satisfying a partner.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I'm an NT, and my motivation is for both of us to feel good.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Of course I want us both to feel good but that wasn't an option.
Given the options available, then I want to feel good.

In other words, if only one of us is going to feel good, then it's going have to be me (most of the time).

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I voted my own pleasure; but mutual pleasure is my position.

Reactions: Enfpleasantly

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
INFP here and my motivation is usually (if I'm honest) boredom. Boredom with the secondary goal of making someone else feel good, which can be fun. It's almost never been for any reason to do with myself. Sex is mostly a time-filler (I know, that sounds horribly un-sexy) and a way to enjoy playing with someone else. As far as the "someone else" aspect, I liken it to the same reason I'd choose to have a tickle fight; it's just enjoyable being able to cause a reaction in another person (though I get the impression that sex is more enjoyable than being tickled, haha). As for the boredom part, it's similar to why I might choose to throw on a movie, have a beer, go for a walk... just a time-filler that my brain recognises as potentially enjoyable to some degree. (Though I'd usually much rather do any of those things than have sex.) If it makes me feel good physically, then sure, that's fine... but I don't care in the slightest if it doesn't.

There's a reason I've identified as some degree of asexual since my late teens... haha.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Intimacy in a relationship, and to make sure my SO feels fantastic. :eek:) Most of the time, I get plenty out of the bonding and emotional connection, and the physical aspect hardly even matters on my end. As long as she's happy, I am. But I'm also a demi, so there you go. Sex isn't a big priority for me. It's nice, but I could simply spend a night cuddling and snuggling and get just as much. *shrug*

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm a virgin, but I could answer that question anyway. Do people seriously have sex for the sole purpose of making other people happy? Without any personal drive at all?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm a Dreamer and although I LOVE the feeling of sex I more so enjoy pleasing the other person. Although realistically I get a lot of satisfaction from any sexual acts so it's not like I ever don't feel good while pleasing another person.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Virgin : / but nonetheless, while I want personal enjoyment, I'm much more excited about the prospect of pleasing a woman than anything else.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.