Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been curious about this one for a while now. Is there any link between one's IQ and their personality type?

I only ask because I have not met any XNFJ types who were not rather smart (not that other types are not, I have just not really met any NFJs who weren't, granted, we are rather rare).

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
There isn't an authenticated correlation because it's one of those relatively taboo topics which contains several shades of potential areas of doubt.

IQ tests may be considered a fair standard of measuring intellect but there are many who do not accept it for many reasons. I'm one of those people.

Anyways, I could go on and on about IQ tests and how I feel about them :p

But for the record, [and don't mind if I brag a little] I'll state that the only time I've been administered a proper IQ test was for admission into business school and I was one of only 140 students selected out of 6000+ applicants.

As for how smart I really am ... It's relative, isn't it? In some instances depending on the topic and the company, I can be pretty dumb as a doorknob too at times ;) Aren't we all :p

·
Registered
290 Posts
@Jawz they administered an honest-to-god IQ test for business school admission? Interesting... never heard of people doing that.

@Starkindler201 I also tend to look down on IQ tests, but I do think personality plays a minor role in how high your score is. The handful of studies I've skimmed through on the subject tend to support the idea that INTJs score highest. However, factors which can play an even more significant role include your ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and even your gender. The Intelligence Quotient, and many standardized tests, have intrinsic cultural bias (unfortunately) since they are often constructed by well-off Caucasian men. Certainly we can hope that this will improve in the future, but until then, a smart person is a smart person regardless of whether they're ENFJ or ENTP :)

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
@Jawz they administered an honest-to-god IQ test for business school admission? Interesting... never heard of people doing that.
Yup. I hadn't either till I went and applied :p This is also in Pakistan where there are no standard tests like SATs etc. Though I don't know why they didn't just revert GMAT like the rest of the world.

I felt it was archaic. But at least it acts like a filtration system. I mean it worked in the sense that once I got in ... I found myself amongst some of the brightest minds I had ever come across and this was after I'd gotten a Bachelors degree from a Canadian University.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts
I heard that intuitive types do tend to score higher. As for myself, I haven't taken any legit IQ tests but the ones I have taken, I always score average which is unsurprising to me. I'm not good at answering those types of questions nor desire to become better. I believe anyone of any personality type can learn to be good at answering them though. It's a developed skill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts