Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow members of personality cafe! Being the huge fan of the Babysitters Club series that I always have been, I've actually started to wonder what the personality types of the characters within the novels are, and wanted to know what the opinions of you all were as well. Here are my beliefs thus far:

Kristy Thomas- classic ESTJ, as in additon to possessing the athletic ability many beings of this type are said to contain, she was also a character whom seemingly valued structure and order, being more moved by logic and common sense than mere emotion and idealism.

Mary Anne Spier- INFP. While I used to believe that she was truly more of an IxFJ as an effect of her organizational skills, I now find her to be more INFP-ish due to her romantic and sensitive personality, alongside her seemingly containing a highly complex value system.

Claudia Kishi-ESFP, as she appeared to be the type of person whom was artisitc and enjoyed living within the present moment rather than merely following her intuition.

Dawn Shaffer- obvious ENFJ. From the moment I read the description of the ENFJ personality type, I instantly thought of her character, as with her bearing an individualism and slight idealism that leads me to believe she is an intuitive rather than a sensor, she seems to be a dominant feeler as an effect of her wanting to fllow her own emotions and beliefs rather than that of those within her society. Dawn also appeared to be more of an extrovert than an introvert, and her resolute decisiveness when it comes to her values make me visualize her as being a judger.

Mallory Pike- ISFx, although I see her as being more of an ISFJ. Mallory was portrayed as being quite level-headed and resourcefulfor her age, and her resolution and immense knowledge when it came towards household matters lead me to see her as being a judger as well.

As for Jesse and Stacey, while I enjoyed each of their characters throughout the series, I honestly have no clue as to what their personality types may be, although I believe Stacey might be an ESFP as her best friend Claudia likely is.

I know that creating a thread in order to type characters from a ficitonal series of books seems a bit dumb, but I've always been curious about what their myers-briggs type may be, and wanted opinions from you all :).

·
Registered
294 Posts
I find this very interesting as I was also a fan on these books as a girl. I have no books with me to reference, however, and my memory is too hazy to make any assessments...But it was interesting reading your post! Maybe others will have some input...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Kristy Thomas - Maybe ENTJ? I see her more of an N type because she was an idea machine. Lol. I see her breaking tradition and going against the status quo. She also was always on the go, playing sports, doing so many things, maybe feeding into her Se?

Mary Anne Spier - Probably INFP. I definitely think she was full of Fi and always concerned about her feelings.

Claudia Kishi - Maybe ISFP? I call her an introvert because she used to spend a lot of her time alone doing her art and didn't really have many friends except Stacey

Dawn Schafer - ENFJ.

Mallory - ISFJ or at least not ISFP.

Stacey - ESFP. I definitely think she was the fun loving/popular type.

Jesse - Maybe ISTP? I tend to think she's a sensor and thinker and she's not very rigid. She seemed to like to explain her way of thinking about why she liked dancing or why she liked languages.

Mary Anne's father - ISTJ? at least he was a very introverted, rigid thinker type.

Dawn's mother - ENFP? she was very scatter-brained.

Claudia's sister Janine - INTJ?

Logan Bruno - ISFJ? he seemed like a feeler and sensor, but I don't know if he's the same type as Mallory. Maybe he's an ESFJ?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kristy Thomas - Maybe ENTJ? I see her more of an N type because she was an idea machine. Lol. I see her breaking tradition and going against the status quo. She also was always on the go, playing sports, doing so many things, maybe feeding into her Se?

Mary Anne Spier - Probably INFP. I definitely think she was full of Fi and always concerned about her feelings.

Claudia Kishi - Maybe ISFP? I call her an introvert because she used to spend a lot of her time alone doing her art and didn't really have many friends except Stacey

Dawn Schafer - ENFJ.

Mallory - ISFJ or at least not ISFP.

Stacey - ESFP. I definitely think she was the fun loving/popular type.

Jesse - Maybe ISTP? I tend to think she's a sensor and thinker and she's not very rigid. She seemed to like to explain her way of thinking about why she liked dancing or why she liked languages.

Mary Anne's father - ISTJ? at least he was a very introverted, rigid thinker type.

Dawn's mother - ENFP? she was very scatter-brained.

Claudia's sister Janine - INTJ?

Logan Bruno - ISFJ? he seemed like a feeler and sensor, but I don't know if he's the same type as Mallory. Maybe he's an ESFJ?
Thank you for replying towards my post, pc3000 :happy:! I actually agree with you that Claudia was an ISFP, as she also appeared to be more of an introvert than an extrovert as well, in spite of her outgoing nature. Then again, ISFP's are depicted as being fun-loving and free-spirited beings whom are both artistic and basically enjoy living in the moment meanwhile they allow life to target them spontaneously, and I believe that describes her quite well. Additionally, while this isn't something that can be applied towards all ISFP's, she also possessed that laziness and struggle with schoolwork ISFP's are said to contain as well.

The ENTJ was the first personality type that came to my mind when I first thought of Kristy's personality as well, as as you said yourself, Kristy, in spite of her being very logical and structured, was still able to theorize and come up with distinct ideas and conclusions nonetheless, being described as the "idealist" within the series herself. I typed her as ESTJ however due to believing it fit her in the aspect of her being athletic and easily bound by activities, but after thinking it through more thouroughly, I guess ENTJ is the type that describes her most accurately.

I agree that Janine was an INTJ, Dawn's mother Sharon an ENFP, and Stacey a fun-loving ESFP, alongside Mallory's being an ISFJ and Mary Anne an INFP. As for Logan, I believe he was probably more of an ESFJ, as he seemed to be the type of person whom was quite popular and people-oriented, and also appeared to be a feeler and sensor as you posted. Unfotunately although, while you're probably right when it comes to Jesse's personality type, I still don't know enough of her character to be able to type her accurately, since I haven't read many books centering around her.

In spite of your not having enough reference to be able to type the characters, thank you for your post on my thread as well, vocalist! I appreciated your having had simply looked at my post, as most of them are generally overlooked within the threads (not trying to be mean or melancholic with this, by the way...).

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wish I remembered the series well enough to offer types for the characters. But this thread brings back childhood memories :happy:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Claudia: ISFP

Stacey: ESFP

Logan: ESFJ

Janine: INTJ

Dawn: ENFJ

Mary Ann: IXXJ, I think....

Mallory: ISFJ

Jesse: ESXX....I don't remember the series all that much, but from what I recall, she was more extraverted than Mallory(Unless my memory is failing me).

Laine: ENTJ perhaps? Just a random guess...

Kristy: ESTJ.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't see how Mary Ann is INFP. Yes she's sensitive, yes she's shy, kind, and what not...but swear she has more Fe than Fi. I recently found some of the books and was reading through them and I can't see how she has high Ne...I'd say she's more Si thus making her ISFJ.

Anyone care to elaborate how she has high Ne? I don't see it. `

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh my gosh I remember loving these books! First of all thank you so much for posting about these characters ^_^
I agree with most of your typings too. For Kristy, my memories when I read the books (which was awhile ago, and I didn't know about MBTI) make her seem like a Perceiver in my mind. She was always the idea person too. I could see ENTP for the Ne. If I'm completely remembering wrong and she's a Judger, I suppose there's tertiary Ne for ESTJs. I don't know, she seemed intuitive to me.
The second controversy seems to be Mary Ann. When I read the books, I always thought about how similar I was to Mary Ann. (I might not have been an INFP back then, though.) Frankly I can see both Fi and Fe. For Ne, I don't remember! She's sticking in my head as Judging, though.
Wow, I added nothing to this discussion with my rambling! If it helps, Mary Ann is like a mirror of me. Thanks again for making this thread!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts