Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I know a few ESTJs and most - if not all of them - own guns. I can see them surviving.
I had an INTP teacher who also loved guns, and even had a world disaster plan. I can see him surviving.
It's more the types who wouldn't survive that I have a hard time visualizing.
I think any type could survive. I imagine most of those who died in such a catastrophe would die more by chance than anything. I would say humanity as a whole is adaptable, and will try their best to survive regardless of their personal inclinations.
I can see a lot of F-types falling into death more easily though. Mostly because I can see anyone from ISFP to ENFP to ISFJ and ENFJ sacrificing themselves for others, or trying to help others and dying as a result.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I wonder how each type would react/behave in such conditions. To be human and base my considerations on stereotypes...maybe:

INTJ: comes with a good,general plan to survive either by himself or with a few others who will comply to his plan. INTJ can have some machines that helps him and his team to survive.
ENFP: keeps a speech to gather others together and try to survive
INFP: helps others and make sure He keeps their optimism
INTP: lonely wolf. May have very well and detailed plans, but he also may not care -- the nihilism strikes: "too much futility into the struggle of some meaningless masses scared of their implacable end". Can laugh or don't give a fuck and just watch how others agitate;
ISTJ & ISTP may be partners in the fight for survival and have some machines that helps them
I don't know for the others.

·
Registered
192 Posts
INTP: lonely wolf. May have very well and detailed plans, but he also may not care -- the nihilism strikes: "too much futility into the struggle of some meaningless masses scared of their implacable end". Can laugh or don't give a fuck and just watch how others agitate;
Ahahaha, yes, I can definitely see myself doing that.

I think ESTJs would definitely survive, they're go-getters, they do stuff and take care of things.
ISTJs might panick a bit and become too pessimistic about everything.
ENFPs would probably morn the loss of butterflies and become too depressed to actually survive.
INTJs would come up with an evil plan to use others as servants for their great ideas for survival.
ENFJs would probably just start preaching good ways of survival, not necessarily applying said ways themselves.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I'm going to say ESTJ would be the best at surviving because I have a character that I want to play as if I ever play a Lovecraft-themed tabletop game, and he's an ESTJ, and he's a biker/occultist/murderer/pyromancer with an IQ of 200 who give no **** about any other human being. I could totally see him killing all sorts of zombies. He's really agile when he fights.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I guess I should've phrased the question as "What are some of the reactions and measures implemented by the personality types when faced with a post-apocalyptic scenario?" Lol
Right.

ENTP - After the apocalypse, they pretend to be demons who can control the apocalypse, and start donning radioactive clothing to try and scare others. Most of them die.

ENFP - Become really depressed, mourning the absence of shiny objects. Most of them die.

INTP - Begin analysing exactly what caused the apocalypse. They forget to search for food in the process. Most of them die.

INFP - Become even more emo than before. Most of them die.

ESTP - Start trying to impress people by killing radioactive animals. Most of them die.

ESFP - Become really angry and pessimistic. Most of them die.

ISTP - They just go... somewhere. Most of them die.

ISFP - Moan about how the apocalypse wasn't their fault. Most of them die.

ESTJ - Complain to others how they aren't doing their bit to make a post-apocalyptic world more inhabitable. Most of them... you guessed it... die.

ISTJ - Attempt to create laws. When they can't obtain humans in their system, they appoint radioactive buffaloes into their courtrooms. Most of them die.

ESFJ - Act as healers, searching for wounded adventurers. Most of them die.

ISFJ - Wonder how to handle a world where everything has changed. Most of them die.

ENTJ - They make dungeons from the ruins and control radioactive beasts. Most of them... fucking die.

INTJ - Start devising a massive plan to enslave ENTJs. Most of them die.

ENFJ - Muster up tribes to bring on pilgrimages to find a new land. Most of them... you can guess, can't you?

INFJ - Probably only 1 person in 100 will survive. The chances of any INFJs being among them is pretty improbable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, I need to put an end to the bashing on Enfps. Lol. I am one, and we are actually pretty adaptable. I personally wouldn't kill people, and would probably try living without a gun as much as possible, but I wouldn't just give up. My theory would be that I would find and befriend others capable of killing. I'm a pretty good negotiator, so I could lend knowledge and people skills to a group. I'm also a good brainstormer, and can invent impromptu necessities of life. So, adaptable, linguistic, inventive, and easy to get along with.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Post-Apocalyptic generally means scifi/fantasy.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol, I had read this. When I think Post-Apocalyptic, I think about the Walking Dead, Revolution, Jericho, or a scenario where normal people are thrust into a world without the comforts of modern life. No governmental structure, little fresh water, scarce food supplies, and living in feudal era conditions.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Yes, but where is the line drawn between reality, fantasy, and science fiction?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, when you go straight to Necromancy and psychic powers (telepathy, telekinesis) or any such advancement (or degradation) of the human race without probable (much less plausible) causality, there does seem to be a line between fantasy and scifi. The science fiction that I'm talking about is postulating actual scenarios that could happen. Nuclear holocausts, natural disasters of global scale, epidemics, and other apocalyptic events are within the realm of possibilities we are aware of. The fiction aspect is guessing what would be the outcomes of these events from a realistic standpoint.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know what an ENTP would do. First off, he would find a group and persuade them to join him. Then he would make all kinds of jokes about the zombies and yeah... He would probably die trying :cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts