Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how different personality types act when angered. I also want to know which types are the most dangerous when angered.
I'll start:

My anger usually comes in three levels:
-Annoyance: This is usually as far as it goes. I'll become a little annoyed and show it but I'll usually brush it off and the person annoying a 'typical idiot'. :crazy:
-Emotional Outbursts: This is if someone keeps pushing my buttons. I'l get scary and vicious but I'll usually calm myself down after a minute or two. This is very rare.
-True anger: It's never good when I get to this point. It's like my emotions and morals shut off and I start to see the person angering me as a problem that needs to be disposed off. (My thoughts on how to dispose of the person are usually really scary :confused: ) Luckily, this has only happened a few times in my entire life.
Do any other ENTPs express anger like I do?

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I can get a little irritated from time to time, but the ACTUAL anger I experience seems to be attributed to every Se type except ISFPs, lol.

ISTPs are supposed to have quick random outbursts. ESxPs are supposed to have explosive but brief tempers because of dom Se.

Never seen any legends like this about ISFPs, except for PTypes calling ISFPs cyclothymic. Maybe it's because of the silly stereotypes that ISFPs are so sweet butter won't melt in their mouth, that they're all like Taylor Swift (who I actually think is is ISFJ) and never like Eminem.

But yeah, intense and expressive anger, but I get over it quickly and forgive.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I was wondering how different personality types act when angered. I also want to know which types are the most dangerous when angered.
Stage 1: Annoyance= Start to ignore you
Stage 2: Recruit= Put iron in my voice and make you understand the causes of what your doing
Stage 3 Part1: Spam= If online an this happens I'll spam the crap out of you till you stop.
Stage 3 Part2: Distance= I distance myself from you so you make yourself look like an idiot.
Stage 3 Part3: Questions= I start asking questions and possibly some stage 4 part2.
Stage 4 Part1: Warning= If online and you persist I send messages threatening to remove you and possibly report you if you commit an offense. Also, you get muted if there's a message.
Stage 4 Part2: Raising of the voice= I start raise my voice at you and possibly verbally abuse you and I think my shadow Se kicks in too, and I throw out all thinking from what I say.
Stage 5 Part1: Removed= If online and you persist I remove you and possibly report you.
Stage 5 Part2: Anger= I start yelling, maybe at top of my lungs if enough and start threatening you.
Stage 6: Destruction= I have stuff in my reach and I'm at this I might throw things at you.(Not like knives but like maybe remote controllers) Yelling persists.
Stage 7: Fight= Here starts the very very rare part of me where I start to throw punches and stuff.

When you don't listen to what I say I can go straight to Stage 3 easily. Very rarely do I go beyond Stage 5 Part1. Things that don't go as expected and I get loaded and then I can explode in you face possibly going straight to Stage 6.

Armageddon.jpg

·
Registered
323 Posts
When I am really angry, I will hide it. This is kind of weird. If I'm just moderately annoyed, I will still say something or correct the problem. Been when anger sets in, it's time for long term secret plotting. Only on rare occasions will I get angry enough to cry. I never cry from sadness. Then it will be even worse because I will be angry and annoyed at the crying, and it's a vicious cycle.:crying:

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I can get a little irritated from time to time, but the ACTUAL anger I experience seems to be attributed to every Se type except ISFPs, lol.

ISTPs are supposed to have quick random outbursts. ESxPs are supposed to have explosive but brief tempers because of dom Se.

Never seen any legends like this about ISFPs, except for PTypes calling ISFPs cyclothymic. Maybe it's because of the silly stereotypes that ISFPs are so sweet butter won't melt in their mouth, that they're all like Taylor Swift (who I actually think is is ISFJ) and never like Eminem.

But yeah, intense and expressive anger, but I get over it quickly and forgive.
You know what, I actually fit that stereotype...(just as I do with almost every other ISFP stereotype it seems)

But then again I'm also a 9, and I fit that stereotype too.

I actually don't remember the last time I was outwardly, full-on angry. Probably around 4 years back when I was angry with an ex, and it manifested in me hurling all sorts of verbal barbs at him...and that's only because I've had a few drinks, therefore less inhibitions so I guess it's not quite lucid. Anger is, for most of my life, an emotion that is so entirely alien to me that I hardly even know how it feels like (though that's not to mean it's not there, it just gets pushed down and eventually become perpetual resentment). I have this overwhelming fear that if I show anger, people around me will cut me out of their life, something like that. It's hard to say but it's something like, anger would lead to a web of series of consequences, all of which will end badly...something like that.

So, over the years, I became so good at repressing those feelings that one'd be lucky to even get an annoyed expression out of me.

I've since the past half year actively working to overcome this. So far so good!

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Yea and theoretically anger will, for most people, manifest through the inferior function. Because if you think about it anger is not really the first emotion. It's often fear, or frustration, or jealousy or envy or some other thing that precedes anger (fear is usually the culprit). Most people try to use their upper functions to rationalize a problem first before letting it turn into a situation where they are out of control with emotion (barring something unexpected happening). But people basically lose control through their Inferior function, but how they behave will have a lot to do with what kind of persona they've built up. It's usually Intuition that causes a meltdown for Se-doms, for example (having a bad sense of things), but for the Se-dom who has built up a persona of being physically aggressive, the corresponding behavior might be one of aggression. At some point though, if the emotional affect is strong enough, the persona will break down and the true person underneath will start to be revealed. People can only put up on a show for so long before they begin to crack (and then this is where you get the normally stoic INTPs breakdown in inconsolable tears or the normally restrained Ni-dom who becomes horrifically violent).

So to answer your question, anger will manifest through the inferior function if we're talking personality, generally speaking. But how it appears to the outside world will be a product of what kind of persona the person has adapted (but keep in mind under stress -- or intoxication -- the persona is usually the first thing to crack).

·
Registered
12 Posts
step one frustration/irritation; mannerisms become even more curtailed; if blunt and sharp don't seem to reach them, just ignore.
step two ignore ignore ignore ignore; fix problem on own time; ignore ignore ignore ignore HEAVY SIGH.
step three plan provoker's demise; determine a way of shitting inside of them. ruin them.

we are the calm before the storm (the storm is inside ourselves, but we will make you fucking feel it). no one strikes me with impunity. i am of the "never forgive, never forget" school, although intjs who do forgive probably never forget. never doubt how our anger can be manifested in contingency planning. i will destroy you.

stress is a major/minor irritant/cock block/inhibitor to an intj, but frustration tears at our resolve so much more. i would probably kill myself out of stress; i would probably kill everyone else out of anger/frustration.

re: there is only so much bullshit an intj can take before s/he gets medieval on your ass.​

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
My anger is like a pot of boiling coffee: hot, dark, and able to keep you shaking all night.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Stage 1: Irritation. Usually at this stage, I just ignore or brush off whatever is causing me to get irritated.
Stage 2: Annoyance; followed by a sigh.
Stage 3: Face undergoes a visible change. Usually in the form of a frown or a look of sarcasm/disgust
Stage 4: One word verbal vent; usually a "fuck" “ugh" or “shit.” Its either that or a remark of sarcasm.
Stage 5: Speaks loudly, in fast, short bursts. Comes off as rude and very impatient. Stumbles over in speech sometimes. Often ends up attracting a lot of attention to self this way.
Stage 6: Curses/Yells
Stage 7 and beyond: DON’T GO THERE.

Sometimes, I jump/skip stages. There are people that have the ability to push me immediately to stage 4 without me going through the first 3. I’ll admit I’m a bit short tempered, but I make a conscious effort to keep my stages of anger from going past stage 4 when around other people.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
When I get angry, I first walk away, grumbling. If the irritating person keeps at it, I yell for a short amount of time. Then I walk away and start to cry. I don't like to say mean things! Oh, and I also get a craving for chocolate. After I finish crying and eating chocolate, it's over. I don't hold grudges. My attention span isn't long enough for that.
I can't sleep when I am angry. I have to get into a calm space.
Fortunately, I don't anger easily. If I did, I would be very fat.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@walking tourist - Lol. ^^ That made me laugh. =D

The answer the question, though... It all depends on what I'm angry at.

It's really hard to get me angry. Or at least, to provoke me to outright start raising my voice. Generally, I feel anger, or the beginning prickings of anger, but I smother it. When I feel myself getting angry, a voice inside of me just says, "Drop it." And I just "smother" the anger.

If it is hard-to-get-rid-of anger that is the result of feeling utterly misunderstood, I shall attempt to smother it. If that fails, I shall write it out. I shall take a shower. Play the piano. Cook. Listen to music. I shall put on a face and hold it in. Reign it in. Then it fades.

If I am angered where something has been bugging me for an incredibly long time and finally it has all piled up, I clench my teeth and dig my nails into the palms of my hands so the tension can go somewhere. If everything fails, I may snap once, and then say, "Sorry, I shouldn't have snapped." I may not snap simply once but I may have an outburst. I'll feel bad within two seconds and come back and say sorry, though. Because even if somebody else was in the wrong (although I do get angry when I am in the wrong too), I shouldn't react like that. ^^'

If I am angered where something has been bugging me, I feel outrageously misunderstood, I feel betrayed, and a bunch of other nasty hurt feelings, I shall go to "quiet anger" mode. Needless to say, my sister remarked, "I remember I got you angry once. It scared the crap out of me."

·
Registered
179 Posts
For me (ENTP), I start off annoyed if you do something stupid or what not. But if you do something to get me really ticked off, I will first make you aware that I am pissed off by announcing (in a full red face screaming in your face way OR quietly sinisterly saying it to you) that I am pissed at you. Thus they will become terrified of me because they have never seen me (or anyone) as pissed as I am. Then I will plot the worst possible demise for you, something that will scar you emotionally/ socially for life. Something that will never be forgiven, something to make you regret what you did, to wish you never knew me, to hate me as much I hate you... I will run through this plot 10 or 20 times in my mind, making sure its perfect.

And I will never ever execute this plot, and forget it ever happened >_>

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,857 Posts
E-type will change answers on this one.

Visual representation of me happy:

Visual representation of me slightly annoyed:

Visual representation of me seething with anger:

/E9

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
step three plan provoker's demise; determine a way of shitting inside of them. ruin them.

we are the calm before the storm (the storm is inside ourselves, but we will make you fucking feel it). no one strikes me with impunity. i am of the "never forgive, never forget" school, although intjs who do forgive probably never forget. never doubt how our anger can be manifested in contingency planning. i will destroy you.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I'm not an easily angry person at all - anger is probably one of the most ambiguous and non-existent emotions in me - I barely know what it is to be truly angry - barely. I don't think this has anything to do with type - it's more about disposition and temperament, which is irrelevant to type. I know placid INTJs and easily angry ones...this thread is a waste of time that probably won't amount to any conclusions, due to the misconception it has about type vs. disposition.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts