Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
You are a Type 5 with a 6 wing: "The Scientist"

Your tritype is 5w6, 3w4, 1w2.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 6 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It's common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Six wing, which means that the cerebral nature of a Type Five combines with the troubleshooting thought style of a Type Six. This makes Type 5w6 the Enneagram type of the stereotypical scientist; the 5w6 is always creating new ideas and testing them.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 3 with a 4 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they're often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Four wing, which means that your energetic nature is tempered by a Four tendency to withdraw, which gives you a sense of calm that others often lack.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 1 with a 2 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn't have to be religious; it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the noblest type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Type Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type Four. You are a Type One with a Two wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the helpful nature of a Type Two. This makes you naturally inclined to advocate on behalf of other people, and the welfare of others is probably an important part of your worldview.

Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

I thought I was a 5w4-1w9-4w5 but I suppose this is more accurate.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You are a Type 4 with a 3 wing: "The Aristocrat"

Your tritype is 4w3, 9w1, 7w8.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-type contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 4 with a 3 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Three wing, which means that the individualistic desire of Type Four combines with the ambitious nature of the Type Three. This means that you’re more likely to show off your unique self to others.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with a One wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Type Nine merge with the idealistic nature of the Type One. You have an idealized view of the world, and your drive toward harmony is one way to fulfill that dream.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 7 with a 8 wing: Type Seven individuals are energetic, engaging, and playful. They have a love for life and can easily jump from one exciting topic to the next. The Type Seven thought process is a bit scattered, but that’s because they are easily interested in many different things. This is why Type Seven is often called The Enthusiast. When in a growth state, Type Sevens become focused like Type Fives. When they’re stressed, they become a perfectionist like a Type One. The enthusiastic nature of the Type Seven combines with the aggressive nature of the Type Eight, making 7w8 one of the most assertive types in the Enneagram.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, enthusiastic, energetic, spontaneous, fun.

------------------------------------------

It fits pretty well though I think I use my head center 2nd, not 3rd...I've never been completely certain about my gut center tritype. It could be 9w1 or 1w2.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I never tested this way before :confused: ....and it's wrong. Way off for me. I could be this tritype in reverse though.... 4w5 - 1w2 (or w9) - 7w6 is a tritype I've seriously considered as most likely for me.

-------

You are a Type 7 with a 6 wing: "The Entertainer"

Your tritype is 7w6, 1w2, 4w5.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The ordering can be a bit off based on external, untestable factors, but as long as it gets the types & wings I'm pretty satisfied. :p

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
The ordering can be a bit off based on external, untestable factors, but as long as it gets the types & wings I'm pretty satisfied. :p

Oh I see..... Well, I enjoyed your Freudian Theory article, and based on that I would be 4w5 as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You are a Type 2 with a 1 wing: "The Helper Idealist"

Your tritype is 2w1, 5w6, 1w9.

Which I have gotten before,but also with 4w5 so I never really know..
I got the exact same as you, but I also test 4w5 sometimes.... Kinda weird.

·
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I got the exact same as you, but I also test 4w5 sometimes.... Kinda weird.
That makes sense... 2s have a growth arrow to 4, and 4s have a stress arrow to 2. Is there ever any pattern to when you test as 2 and when you test as 4? That is, are you usually happier/more fulfilled when you test as 4 or 2?

Reactions: actualjennings07

·
Registered
75 Posts
That makes sense... 2s have a growth arrow to 4, and 4s have a stress arrow to 2. Is there ever any pattern to when you test as 2 and when you test as 4? That is, are you usually happier/more fulfilled when you test as 4 or 2?
I do typically test as 4 when life is going well :) (ie. emotionally fulfilled, etc.). I guess that means I am a 2...?

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
You are a Type 4 with a 5 wing: "The Bohemian"

Your tritype is 4w5, 5w4, 9w8.

Pretty good. I've been thinking 7w8 vs 5w4 for the thinking triad but it's a tough call. I relate mucho to 5w4 as well. In tests I usually get something along the lines of 475986321 for the order.

Took it again and isolated it to one answer: If I answer, "My thoughts can jump from one exciting topic to another very easily," with a 4, I get a 5w4. If I answer it with a 5, I get a 7w8. Hmmm. Much rests on that slight difference...

With 7w8, I am: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, enthusiastic, energetic, spontaneous, fun.

With 5w4, I am: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

I'd say I am: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, enthusiastic, intelligent, spontaneous, fun, questioning. In other words, cut the cerebral and the energetic and there I am...

EDIT: I've taken it three more times (yes, I know), tried to actually understate my sevenishness to see if I get 5w4 again and it keeps coming up 4w5-7w8-9w8. Go figure... It makes a lot of sense. Yay!

·
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I do typically test as 4 when life is going well :) (ie. emotionally fulfilled, etc.). I guess that means I am a 2...?
It's definitely a strong indication that your core type might be 2. I ran into a similar problem when typing myself actually.

Reactions: actualjennings07

·
Registered
243 Posts
You are a Type 7 with an 8 wing: "The Realist"

Your tritype is 7w8, 3w2, 9w8.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I took this test yesterday when I was waiting at the airport and got results I didn't agree with. Retaking it now to see if my lack of sleep had an effect (had been up over 24 hours traveling across the United States).

And I just realized I was answering incorrectly. It would have helped if I actually read this the first time:
1 = I don't relate to this at all / I have no firm stance on this.
2 = This is sometimes me.
3 = This is me, more often that not.
4 = I'm usually like this.
5 = This is exactly me.
And the results:
You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your tritype is 2w3, 5w6, 9w1.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 2 with a 3 wing: Type Two individuals are generous and kind. Twos love others and want to be loved, and becoming close to others is a theme in the life of the Two. This is why Two is often referred to as the Helper type – because they keep coming, time and time again, to the aid of others. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, Twos are the most likely to help someone when they’re feeling down or when they’re being attacked. When a Type Two is stressed, they can become aggressive like an unhealthy Type Eight. When they’re healthy, a Type Two becomes emotionally aware like a healthy Type Four. You are a Type Two with a Three wing, which means that the helpful nature of the Two combines with the ambitious nature of the Three, making you a very driven individual.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 5 with a 6 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Six wing, which means that the cerebral nature of a Type Five combines with the troubleshooting thought style of a Type Six. This makes Type 5w6 the Enneagram type of the stereotypical scientist – the 5w6 is always creating new ideas and testing them.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with a One wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Type Nine merge with the idealistic nature of the Type One. You have an idealized view of the world, and your drive toward harmony is one way to fulfill that dream.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, generous, helpful, selfless, loving, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.
Hmm I can't very much dispute this. According to the descriptions it sounds correct. I don't know if they are accurate, but I can't deny it just the same. I've been running under the assumption that I was a 5w4, but am certainly open to being wrong. Having said that though I found this to be spot on:
When a Type Two is stressed, they can become aggressive like an unhealthy Type Eight. When they’re healthy, a Type Two becomes emotionally aware like a healthy Type Four. You are a Type Two with a Three wing, which means that the helpful nature of the Two combines with the ambitious nature of the Three, making you a very driven individual.
When I am upset I become more rigid and less congenial and when I'm in a good mood I want to share everything with everyone. I guess it's probably accurate then.

EDIT: And after reading it over again I'm becoming more convinced. It certainly sounds like me in a nutshell. And the "words that describe you" is entirely correct. However I'm not entirely sure relabeling myself a type 2 instead of a type 5 is a fair representation of myself. Is it possible for someone to be fairly well-rounded regarding their tri-type or is there always a clear order of preference?

EDIT 2: Going with 5-2-9.

5-2-9: this is a more generous, social and good-natured Five, who genuinely enjoys helping others out and being in a relationship with them. Although they do require their alone time, Fives of this tritype tend to be more personable and they make wonderful advisors and counselors as long as they can keep behind the scenes. They are rather attracted to human sciences (psychology, sociology) and have a natural flair for moderating conflicts and solving people’s problems.
typical subtypes: social, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-2, 2-5-9
flavours: friendly, understanding, cooperative and humanistic
http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/enneagram-tritype-descriptions-type.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
I always thought I was a 4w5, but this test (which I took twice, just in case) has me as a 6w5 -- "the Defender." After a bit of reading, this seems to suit me much more than the 4w5. Thank you for the insight!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Haha. This might sound strange, but I didn't even think to take the test a second time to verify the results. This actually happens a lot. I'm always thinking about something that is completely irrelevant and overlook the obvious. Anyway this is how it came up the second time:

You are a Type 5 with a 4 wing: "The Iconoclast"

Your tritype is 5w4, 4w5, 1w9.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 4 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Four wing, which means that the cerebral nature of Type Five combines with the creative nature of a Type Four. For this reason, you are likely to challenge established ideas with new and fresh concepts.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 4 with a 5 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Five wing, which means that the individualist nature of a Four combines with the cerebral nature of a Five to make you one of the most creative types in the Enneagram.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 1 with a 9 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the most noble type in the Enneagram. When a Type Two is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Seven. When a Type Two is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type 4. You are a Type One with a Nine wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the peaceful nature of the Type Nine to create a very idealistic personality.

Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.
I have always held that I was a 5w4 and can honestly say this is a much better fit. It's funny too because when I was reading the previous one (2w3) I was thinking, "I wonder if I relate to this because of Fe rather than enneagram type?" 5-4-9 is actually what I originally typed myself without taking any tests. The fact that I reproduced that with this test seems to confirm it. 5w4 4w5 9w1 is what then seems to be the best fit. Also of interest is that when I originally took the test I was in an elevated mood. ;)

5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

41 - 60 of 423 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.