Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though in the end, it really doesn’t matter much, I really would like to know, and I’d like to have this dandy to refer back. So, here I go:

- I am horribly indecisive.
- I have imaginary conversations and imaginary “friends”. I don’t remember having imaginary friends when I was little, but I certainly have some now.
- My room is most often times a mess.
- I naturally keep to myself, but I have a strong need for company.
- I’m still a bit timid when it comes to meeting new people.
- Despite the above, sometimes I think I can spend all my time alone and be content.
- I like solving my own problems, especially if it’s emotional.
- I love physics.
- I hate seeing ugly things and ugly designs. Even if something works, I hate seeing things that seem unattractive to me. It doesn’t have to be decorative, but it has to look right.
- I’m admittedly a last minute kind of person.
- When talking about beliefs, it’s really quite hard to offend me.
- Grammar and spelling freak.
- An epiphany or a good idea can make me more hyper than any amount of caffeine and sugar.
- I’m really moody. The subtlest things can sometimes trigger my emotions.
- When it comes to school and work, I actually do want and need structure.
- Most of the time, I’m a perfectionist.
- I’m religious and very Catholic.
- When I get upset, I get really upset, and I tend to bring back grudges and things in the past that really have little to do with what caused me to be upset in the first place.
- I think that humans tend to be stupid and uncaring, and the world is imperfect. World peace? Not anytime soon. Despite all that, I believe in good in everybody, and that there is good, beauty, and truth in the world.
- I tend to be apathetic to some things.
- I’m awfully pessimistic about the whole falling in love thing. I think most of it is just hormones.
- I stay away from conflicts, but I sometimes enjoy a good debate.
- As much as I can’t help but try to help when people complain about their problems, many times I just wish they’d get over it.
- I like math and science. I’m not the best at them, but I believe I’m better than the average person, and I absolutely love how in both subjects, things are logical and make sense.
- I get a lot of obsessions, but they change really quickly.
- I am a bit obsessed with getting things right, whether it’s facts, grammar, spelling, science, or theology.
- I can convince myself to go through a lot of things by calling myself stupid for being upset.

If you need to ask more, go ahead. I express my gratitude in advance that you even read some or all of this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Probably INFJ.

Reactions: Efthalia

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have dissent!

Anyway, can I have some reasons?
Behavioral and physical similarity with INFJs.

Compare yourself with these sets...

INFJs: Leslie Feist, Natalie Portman, Imogen Heap, Jennifer Connelly, Katie Holmes

INFPs: Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs), J.K. Rowling, Melissa Auf Der Mar, Uma Thurman, Sarah McLachlan

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uhh, the only people I recognize from there are J.K. Rowling and Uma Thurman. And, I don't know anything about them, except that Rowling wrote the Harry Potter Series.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Uhh, the only people I recognize from there are J.K. Rowling and Uma Thurman. And, I don't know anything about them, except that Rowling wrote the Harry Potter Series.
Google is your best friend! Mine, anyway.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations, guys. You have officially turned my head, and now I can't decide...I guess I brought this to myself. XD

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Why are you questioning your INFPness?

Your list screams all P and no J. Most people usually post a few J traits to make it a hard decision :tongue:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why are you questioning your INFPness?

Your list screams all P and no J. Most people usually post a few J traits to make it a hard decision :tongue:

I don't know...Probably because two people have brought it up, and I need to figure out why.

On one hand, I feel it's sort of silly, because I've never tested INFJ. It's always been INFP, and, once upon a time, INTP. On the other hand, I've never looked into INFJs completely. I've been fascinated by all introverted iNtuitives, but I've never fully looked into INFJs. It feels like the search is not quite yet over, especially since, after looking into the site INFJ vs INFP, I can kind of see myself as INFJ...But then again, I have no idea what INFJs are supposed to be like, how they think, and all that.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Many INFJs tend to get P on MBTI tests. You'd be surprised. I can name two people on this site who have thought they were INFPs. Allegorist and Midnight Runner...
The reason why I suggested it is because there was nothing that really screamed Fi-Ne in there. But it seems like you could have some T in you which would be less likely to be found in an INFP since INFPs are feeling-types. Furthermore, it seems like you could use a little bit of Ti, but it doesn't seem like you're an INTP. INFJs are Ni-Fe-Ti-Se.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, and I appreciate the suggestion, Nyx. I've been looking into it. My current problem is telling the functions apart. Both Fi and Ni seem really mysterious when defined. I see the words, and I understand the words, but I can't understand what the words are saying.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I don't know...Probably because two people have brought it up, and I need to figure out why.

On one hand, I feel it's sort of silly, because I've never tested INFJ. It's always been INFP, and, once upon a time, INTP. On the other hand, I've never looked into INFJs completely. I've been fascinated by all introverted iNtuitives, but I've never fully looked into INFJs. It feels like the search is not quite yet over, especially since, after looking into the site INFJ vs INFP, I can kind of see myself as INFJ...But then again, I have no idea what INFJs are supposed to be like, how they think, and all that.
I've found most INFJ descriptions to be very vague. It's hard to read them and get a feel for that type that distinguishes them from INFP. It doesn't help that I don't know any confirmed ones.

All the IN types have alot in common.

Oh, and I appreciate the suggestion, Nyx. I've been looking into it. My current problem is telling the functions apart. Both Fi and Ni seem really mysterious when defined. I see the words, and I understand the words, but I can't understand what the words are saying.
This is true.. I've found SimulatedWorld's posts to be very helpful in this regard. He can take a block of what somebody has written and say "this is a Te argument" or "This is Fi" at work, and that has illustrated the functions better for me than the type descriptions.

But just some things from your description that stood out:

I get a lot of obsessions, but they change really quickly. (Ne)
I absolutely love how in both subjects, things are logical and make sense. I might be overreading here, but loving how things are logical seems like your F over powers your T
When it comes to school and work, I actually do want and need structure. But sounds like you don't naturally have it? (P)
An epiphany or a good idea can make me more hyper than any amount of caffeine and sugar. - could be Ne
When talking about beliefs, it’s really quite hard to offend me. - this is one of the few statements that says not INFP
I like solving my own problems, especially if it’s emotional. - I think INTs are really bad at solving their own emotional problems.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is true.. I've found SimulatedWorld's posts to be very helpful in this regard. He can take a block of what somebody has written and say "this is a Te argument" or "This is Fi" at work, and that has illustrated the functions better for me than the type descriptions.

But just some things from your description that stood out:

I get a lot of obsessions, but they change really quickly. (Ne)
I absolutely love how in both subjects, things are logical and make sense. I might be overreading here, but loving how things are logical seems like your F over powers your T
When it comes to school and work, I actually do want and need structure. But sounds like you don't naturally have it? (P)
An epiphany or a good idea can make me more hyper than any amount of caffeine and sugar. - could be Ne
When talking about beliefs, it’s really quite hard to offend me. - this is one of the few statements that says not INFP
I like solving my own problems, especially if it’s emotional. - I think INTs are really bad at solving their own emotional problems.
I wish I could do that, but the cognitive functions are still vague to me.

And yeah, I have no current delusions of thinking that I'm INTx. It's not the thinking that energizes me, but the puzzle pieces fitting in, facts connecting, things suddenly making sense. And for the structure thing, I have to say I get into routines. I like not thinking about routine things. I'm too indecisive, so for anything to get done, I need things decided for me, or I'll get absolutely nowhere.

As for the beliefs thing. I don't know. I think I'm more offended when somebody else gets offended by my idea. (It's happened once before, and it really annoyed me). I like hearing people's ideas. It makes me feel like I'm getting to know them so being able to see the different perspectives is really interesting for me, even if the back of my mind is saying, "I still think you're wrong, but sure, if that's what you believe." I also like discussing my own ideas so I think it's only fair that I hear people's input about it and their own ideas.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
And yeah, I have no current delusions of thinking that I'm INTx. It's not the thinking that energizes me, but the puzzle pieces fitting in, facts connecting, things suddenly making sense.
This sounds more like Te to me. Ti is not so linear. It can make due with missing pieces figuring they'll just be found later.

So I still think you're INFP :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't know... for some things you seem to be an INFJ, for others more of an INFP. How much did you score on the J/P spectrum?

But in any case remember that MBTI is just an approximative framework, it can't enclose (or disclose) who you really are. Just read the descriptions of both types, and you'll see what seems to resemble you the most.

:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know... for some things you seem to be an INFJ, for others more of an INFP. How much did you score on the J/P spectrum?

But in any case remember that MBTI is just an approximative framework, it can't enclose (or disclose) who you really are. Just read the descriptions of both types, and you'll see what seems to resemble you the most.

:)
I know it doesn't, but I'd really still like to know. And by now, the type descriptions are so vague that I can't tell.

I took MBTI for college and the clarity for the preferences, on a scale of 0-30, where 30 is the clearest is

Introversion: 25
iNtuition: 26
Feeling: 4
Perceiving: 22

Reactions: Wanderling

·
Registered
685 Posts
I know it doesn't, but I'd really still like to know. And by now, the type descriptions are so vague that I can't tell.

I took MBTI for college and the clarity for the preferences, on a scale of 0-30, where 30 is the clearest is

Introversion: 25
iNtuition: 26
Feeling: 4
Perceiving: 22
Well your "messiness" seems to point to P (and so does your score: 22!) but the "structure" you need for studying is classically more of a J thing. But that doesn't mean anything, I guess.
Like unleashthehounds, I would see you as an INFP more than an INFJ, after re-reading your description.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts