Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the frack do you deal with these? How do you handle it?

·
MOTM January 2013
10,630 Posts
By condensing my time down as to spend as little time doing them. Basically, just get them over and done with like menial finances. Boring facts, I sift through the details choosing the most relevent and interesting related to the task. Sometimes I sort of force myself to learn the boring facts but only in small doses.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by "pesky details and boring facts"? I imagined something like this when I opened up the thread:

"We live on an infinite stack of tortoises."
"But the Earth is round..."
"Details, details."
At work crunching numbers for finances/sales database.....its killing me and I tend to "not see", omit details. I think I'm dieing of boredom.

I'm also a tad bit dislexic or something. Tend to omit letters and misread words..problem with B or D -.-...gahhh.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Um...can you elaborate?

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Um...can you elaborate?
o.o welp I'm not asking to help my own situation. i'm just curious how INFPs handle/experience details and facts or how do they handle dealing with these for prolonged periods of time.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Oh. Um, for me, there ARE no boring facts. I'm kind of obsessed with acquiring new ones.

The pesky details really aren't so pesky because by and large they don't even appear on my radar. I have a lot of trouble with this and I work best when I'm allowed to be the "ideas girl" and let other people worry about the nuts and bolts of its implementation. Like one time at church I planned a lock-in for the youth group and one of the activities was making pizzas, and each ingredient represented a different spiritual gift and they were making individual pizzas that represented themselves, and putting them in the oven was symbolic of the refining of the gifts etc. so I made a list of all the ingredients we needed, and the stuff for the pizzas because I was so excited about that activity. Then the other leader started adding to the list: forks, pizza cutters, napkins, plates... And I was appalled because I hadn't even CONSIDERED those essential items. It was pretty comical.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh my GOD I have been having SO much trouble with this lately. Half of the problem is that I keep forgetting to take my ADHD meds (fancy that- tell a person with ADHD Inattentive to remember to do something regularly and they forget).

Honestly, I just put things off until the last minute, when I HAVE to focus on the boring things or else face the messy consequences.

If it's not the kind of thing with deadlines, it's an entirely different situation. I'm working through some old superhero comics right now and the word parts can be pretty dull. The reason I can focus on them at all is because I want to become familiar with old comics- I feel that it might help me whenever I start making comics. I find that having something to drink can help me focus, especially tea- taking a break to brew and prepare more is regular enough to help me to focus. I did this a lot while working on art projects.

·
Registered
234 Posts
what good are details? they just seem to occupy people who can't dream about bigger things...

·
Registered
610 Posts
o.o welp I'm not asking to help my own situation. i'm just curious how INFPs handle/experience details and facts or how do they handle dealing with these for prolonged periods of time.
But what kind do you mean? Like details/facts such as things you need to learn in a class to get a good grade, remembering to lock the door/turn off the stove/clean up after oneself, financing/banking/adult crap like that, or something else entirely?

Does this reply I just made mean I like knowing details since I'm asking for more details? Did Yossarian ever get out of the war? Is there really a God? Should I stop typing?

Reactions: illicit iridescence

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But what kind do you mean? Like details/facts such as things you need to learn in a class to get a good grade, remembering to lock the door/turn off the stove/clean up after oneself, financing/banking/adult crap like that, or something else entirely?

Does this reply I just made mean I like knowing details since I'm asking for more details? Did Yossarian ever get out of the war? Is there really a God? Should I stop typing?
Yeah all of it and you can add remembering facts in school, names dates, tec.

·
Registered
514 Posts
How the frack do you deal with these? How do you handle it?
Like one infamous ENFP once said - GO MARRY AN INTJ! I could summarise "Pesky details and boring facts" into one word:

███████░█░░░░░█░███████░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
████░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███████░░░░█░░░░███████░███████░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░

I would rather get my fingers and rub them along a cheese-grater and hope for the best than try and live the rest of my life remembering painful details and deathly facts... Terrible - isn't it!?? Yes.. being an xNFP can be painful... :tongue:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
When faced with details I deem irrelevant to whatever I'm busying myself with: hurray to *selective* perception! Pesky and boring details are pesky and boring!

But! Surely there are times when details are the foundation of the dreamy castle in the skies, like linking pins that hold stuff together, or that extra pinch of salt and pepper (or any given spice or secret ingredient) that makes the awesomesauce extra awesome. This is not just a detail, this is a *detail*!

I can't be the only one who can enjoy details on these forums >_>;

1 - 16 of 16 Posts