Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this topic has been discussed at some point in time but I would like to blow off some steam. What better way to do that then to talk about pet peeves! Me first...

1.) Bad drivers, especially drivers with no sense of direction or spatial awareness.
2.) having to repeat myself. I don't like to talk as it is.
3.) cell phones. I have a pre-paid that I leave in my glove box for an emergency...I think of it as an electronic leash.
4.) now, some might get mad at me for this one but pregnant women who think they are the only ones who have been pregnant. I have carried two kids and believe me it's not going to kill you to put your groceries in the car...I promise!
5.) learning things that have no practical application. Degrees in English (among others) are completely pointless in my eyes.
6.) being policed. The more you police what I do, the more slowly I will do it or just ignore it all together. Then, if you nag me after I jumped ship then I will probably bite your head off.
7.) being told how to do something after I have clearly demonstrated I know how to do it...especially if I've been doing it longer than you.

what are some of yours?

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I definitely dislike bad drivers, usually women drivers. Ha!
OK men and women define "bad drivers" differently. Danica Patrick will never win the Indy 500, because she is lacking one thing. Testosterone.

One thing that really ticks me off is people that can't park, not parking evenly between the painted lines in a parking lot. I hate coming back to my car and finding that I can barely open my drivers side door because someone has parked so incredibly inconsiderately close to me. One time I parked in front of a store and I was the only car there, the parking lot was empty. Then along comes this guy and parks over the line next to me even thought he could of had the whole parking lot to himself. I went back in the store and confronted him, his response was sarcastic, so I got in my car and re-parked it way over the line next to him! I got out of my car and stood there ready for more confrontation if he wanted it, "see how you like it" I told him!

I dislike litter bugs too. One time as I'm walking along this guy just tosses his trash right there on the sidewalk. Not maybe five feet away was a trash can. I told him, "way to go, what you are too lazy to use the trash can?" "Too far away for you?"

Another one I can't stand is someone (usually a lady) in the supermarket leaving their shopping cart right there in the middle of the aisle. How do I get by? Excuuuuse me! Usually I just pretend that I didn't see them and run my shopping cart into theirs. It gets their immediate attention, where upon they apologize and quickly move their cart to the side.

I hate people who walk around talking real loud on their cell phone. When you can hear everything they say.
I have a cell phone too, but I don't use it very much. I currently have 2,360 rollover minutes. Virtually all of my rollover minutes expire because I don't use them.

Nothing wrong with learning things that have seemingly little or no value. You can never fill your brains up, your head will not burst from learning too much.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1. Repeating myself
2.I cannot stand people telling me the something more than once.
3.Listening to someone when I know they are lying or do not know what they are talking about. I normally try to be polite but sometimes I just have to walk away from them.
4.Religious people talking about religion.

·
Registered
410 Posts
1. Damn car alarm doesn't like battery terminals.
2. People that want to socialize.
3. The lack of selection in the neerest vending machine.
4. Ugh.
5. NAPA 65 cold crank battery.
6. People that want to socialize about something non-personal.
7. The jacked up price ($1.50) of the nearest vending machine.
8. Ugh.
9. Having to clean batery terminals when more pressing and sw33t undercarriage neons must be installed.
10. People that want to socialize in a shallow and petty manner that implies they only want to maintain social ties.
11. The nearest vending machine with the sw33test of selections and lowest of low prices is over 2 miles away.
12. Ugh.
13. Having to memorize multiple gauging wires for different volt currents and ampheres and ugh.
14. People that maintain social ties only as a way of testing their leverage over other people in a manner that indicates they have insecurity issues.
15. Ugh.
16. Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh.

[Edit] 17. Ugh.
[Edit 2] 18. Off days. Ugh.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
1. Pet peeves.

·
Registered
250 Posts
People that want to socialize about something non-personal.
This is probably the oppositive of my biggest pet peeve. People who only want to talk about personal stuff, they talk and talk about all their problems, about their emotions, their fears, loves and hates and then expect you to do the same.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
1. Repeating myself
2.I cannot stand people telling me the something more than once.
3.Listening to someone when I know they are lying or do not know what they are talking about. I normally try to be polite but sometimes I just have to walk away from them.
4.Religious people talking about religion.
So, you like talking about religion? Well you've come to the right place!

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Are you talking about me? I test ISTP and INTP. I'm confused, sorry.
Several of us have tested differently at different times. I tested as an INTP once too.
But you have to read the descriptions of the types and see which type really fits you.
INTP description doesn't fit me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Several of us have tested differently at different times. I tested as an INTP once too.
But you have to read the descriptions of the types and see which type really fits you.
INTP description doesn't fit me.
They both fit. I don't know what to do. I can not explain how I think or feel at any given time, so I don't think anyone can help me figure this out :p

·
Banned
14 Posts
I definitely dislike bad drivers, usually women drivers. Ha!
OK men and women define "bad drivers" differently. Danica Patrick will never win the Indy 500, because she is lacking one thing. Testosterone.

One thing that really ticks me off is people that can't park, not parking evenly between the painted lines in a parking lot. I hate coming back to my car and finding that I can barely open my drivers side door because someone has parked so incredibly inconsiderately close to me. One time I parked in front of a store and I was the only car there, the parking lot was empty. Then along comes this guy and parks over the line next to me even thought he could of had the whole parking lot to himself. I went back in the store and confronted him, his response was sarcastic, so I got in my car and re-parked it way over the line next to him! I got out of my car and stood there ready for more confrontation if he wanted it, "see how you like it" I told him!

I dislike litter bugs too. One time as I'm walking along this guy just tosses his trash right there on the sidewalk. Not maybe five feet away was a trash can. I told him, "way to go, what you are too lazy to use the trash can?" "Too far away for you?"

Another one I can't stand is someone (usually a lady) in the supermarket leaving their shopping cart right there in the middle of the aisle. How do I get by? Excuuuuse me! Usually I just pretend that I didn't see them and run my shopping cart into theirs. It gets their immediate attention, where upon they apologize and quickly move their cart to the side.

I hate people who walk around talking real loud on their cell phone. When you can hear everything they say.
I have a cell phone too, but I don't use it very much. I currently have 2,360 rollover minutes. Virtually all of my rollover minutes expire because I don't use them.

Nothing wrong with learning things that have seemingly little or no value. You can never fill your brains up, your head will not burst from learning too much.
i agree with everything you have said. don't write all of us lady's off as bad drivers please. i can't really blame you for seeing women as bad drivers because some of the stuff i see women doing makes me want to change gender. some of us do know how to do handbreak turns and take the time to judge if our car will fit a space or not.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Ms. rousse sent me a Private Message calling me an "INTP" and "There is such a thing as an uneducated INTP, and you are it."
Regardless of whether I'm uneducated or not, determining that I'm an ISTP is really up to me rousse, not you.

For anyone else who wants to make snide backdoor comments, I've taken several different Myers-Briggs self assessments. I've come up maybe 7 or 8 times as ISTP, once as an INTP and once or maybe twice as an ISTJ.

The descriptions of INTP and even more so ISTJ do not fit me.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
They both fit. I don't know what to do. I can not explain how I think or feel at any given time, so I don't think anyone can help me figure this out :p
You might need the assistance of someone else, possibly someone who knows you well.
I sometimes found some of the questions difficult to answer, because I just wasn't quite sure. Like is this what I want to do? Or is this what I actually would do?

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
i agree with everything you have said. don't write all of us lady's off as bad drivers please. i can't really blame you for seeing women as bad drivers because some of the stuff i see women doing makes me want to change gender. some of us do know how to do handbreak turns and take the time to judge if our car will fit a space or not.
As far as insurance companies are concerned women are the better drivers, because they don't get involved in as many fatal and serious injury accidents as men.
I've been cataloging (stereotyping?) all the drivers I am seeing day in and day out for a very long time. I can usually tell you if it's a man or a woman driver, a young person or an elderly driver and several other demographics too, with a high level of accuracy. However since the advent of cell phones my accuracy has gone down some. In some circumstances it's really difficult to tell between a cell phone driver and an inebriated driver.
I've seen drivers on their cell phones fail to stop, blow through intersections, make illegal turns, drive over the line etc. Cell phone/texting/distracted drivers are responsible for an ever increasing number of serious accidents.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
AEIOU, where's your avatar?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I see, says the blind man.

·
Banned
14 Posts
As far as insurance companies are concerned women are the better drivers, because they don't get involved in as many fatal and serious injury accidents as men.
I've been cataloging (stereotyping?) all the drivers I am seeing day in and day out for a very long time. I can usually tell you if it's a man or a woman driver, a young person or an elderly driver and several other demographics too, with a high level of accuracy. However since the advent of cell phones my accuracy has gone down some. In some circumstances it's really difficult to tell between a cell phone driver and an inebriated driver.
I've seen drivers on their cell phones fail to stop, blow through intersections, make illegal turns, drive over the line etc. Cell phone/texting/distracted drivers are responsible for an ever increasing number of serious accidents.
i'm sorry to say that i can spot a woman driver every time also. especially one that is trying to find parking. the term bumbling idiot springs to mind.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts