Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
For starters it only takes account the 4 dichotomies and goes about it like a 13 year old would after 5 minutes of looking up this stuff like: ''The difference between INFJs ans INFPs is that the latter clean their houses and sort their books into categories, while the latter is exactly the same but way too lax to do any of that stuff.''
This but unironically. That's the only meaningful statistical difference between the two types. The MBTI Manual shows that J-P is the dimension with the least predictive power.

16Personalities is essentially a Big Five test using MBTI labels. Accusing it of not being Jungian is missing the point, since its intended goal isn't to implement Jung's ideas.

16Personalities said:
With our model, we’ve combined the best of both worlds. We use the acronym format introduced by Myers-Briggs for its simplicity and convenience, with an extra letter to accommodate five rather than four scales. However, unlike Myers-Briggs or other theories based on the Jungian model, we have not incorporated Jungian concepts such as cognitive functions, or their prioritization. Jungian concepts are very difficult to measure and validate scientifically, so we’ve instead chosen to rework and rebalance the dimensions of personality called the Big Five personality traits, a model that dominates modern psychological and social research.

Our personality types are based on five independent spectrums, with all letters in the type code (e.g. INFJ-A) referring to one of the two sides of the corresponding spectrum. You can see where you fall on each scale by completing our free personality assessment, NERIS Type Explorer®. This approach has allowed us to achieve high test accuracy while also retaining the ability to define and describe distinct personality types.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Every single friend of mine gets INFJ on that test. lol
Right??

Back when I was into that site, I gave the test to an ESTP, ESFJ and ISFP and they all scored INFJ. The ESTP was even like: ''Advocate/Healer?? WTF?? Finally someone gets me bruh! How many times did I encourage you to stop being such a pussy and be more aggressive when you want some tail in bed?? Dayum! It's like this thing reads right into my mind!''

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
I'm pretty indoctrinated within the cult myself now. Hbu?

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk
Unfortunately. Don't think I could have lasted here as many years as I have (gosh it flew quickly though) if I wasn't! XD

But at least I'm aware of it...

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,039 Posts
Unfortunately. Don't think I could have lasted here as many years as I have (gosh it flew quickly though) if I wasn't! XD

But at least I'm aware of it...

You'd think that in all my years being here that I'd know how to insert a gif but obviously not as it seems lol.

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,841 Posts
I think the website does more good than bad in getting people interested in MBTI. At least I didn’t start with learning about the cognitive functions - I did that after taking in knowledge of the dichotomies.

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,953 Posts
I'd rather see IDRlabs go away. That site is absolute bunk.
Yeah, they even claim that MBTI is real science and cherry pick favourable studies to "prove" it. It's just straight up lying and spreading misinformation. I would like to see them sued for that, but of course it wouldn't happen as they aren't selling anything.

·
10,953 Posts
If it wasn’t for Jung Meyers , Briggs would have been baristas at star bucks:eek:h:
Jung’s personality theory is much harsher
Myers/ Briggs paints a rosy picture
At least Briggs never said at the end that it's just their thoughts and you shouldn't take them seriously. And Jung doesn't really look harsh to me. Maybe he sounded somewhat strict due to his attempt to make it somewhat clearer how his types think, but otherwise he as rather soft. Unlike Meyers, which was somewhat known to be a judgmental racist.

·
Spam-I-am
13,637 Posts
At least Briggs never said at the end that it's just their thoughts and you shouldn't take them seriously. And Jung doesn't really look harsh to me. Maybe he sounded somewhat strict due to his attempt to make it somewhat clearer how his types think, but otherwise he as rather soft. Unlike Meyers, which was somewhat known to be a judgmental racist.
Read Jungs the thinking type introvert

·
10,953 Posts
Read Jungs the thinking type introvert
Not going to. I put that book under my bed and it has been gathering dust for at least one year. He was harsher in some places, but that's it. More than anything he could be perceived as weird for being so open about all his visions, hallucinations, "divine meaning" and similar crap. A really weird semi-religious nut from old times.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts