Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
My first reaction was INFP also, though he very well could have been INTP. I don't know enough about INFJ authors, but considering his huge amount of work, maybe he was INFJ?

If we're not sure, we could compare him with Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451) & Gene Roddenberry (Star Trek), who were both INFPs.

Reactions: vel

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
INFP or INTP

From my understanding, he was constantly under the influence of drugs so we may never know what he was actually like. He very well could have been an E.

The only thing that is 100% for sure is the N.

Reactions: vel

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
My guess is INTJ. He was usually on amphetamines while writing so you have to figure that affects some things. Some drugs can alter your personality dramatically (like ecstasy or meth). So if you were accessing your shadow personality as an INTJ, then he could be acting much like an ESFP. Which is why some think he's an P. But he writes like a J as far as I'm concerned. Which isn't much, granted...

My other guess would actually be INFJ if he is in fact not a T. When my ESTP shadow pops up I get on a roll (quite literally) and spit fire non stop thought to thought. He writes like that in his novels a lot.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My first instinct was INTx as he seems to be more focused on the ideas then the feelings/interactions between people ( or perhaps that's just my interpretation of his work :crazy:) I would say he is perhaps more J as his works seem a lot more solid and real then compared to stuff like Asimov which seem more idea based.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry for posting in this thread but I recently saw an interview he gave youtube.com/watch?v=vXqHJYz8NXo and he is clearly at least an NP.

In the interview he said something like "underlying my stance against the establishment, my anti-war stance, my left-wing politics is a simple inability to understand orders" and that he has "a great animosity for following orders."

I'd guess ENTP because his stories are much more idea than character or emotions based and he seems much more extroverted than introverted.

Edit: Also Asimov is usually considered an INTJ.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My first instinct was INTx as he seems to be more focused on the ideas then the feelings/interactions between people ( or perhaps that's just my interpretation of his work :crazy:) I would say he is perhaps more J as his works seem a lot more solid and real then compared to stuff like Asimov which seem more idea based.
INTJs are quite likely to subordinate story to an idea, because they're intuitives -Ni dom- above everything else.
Asimov was most likely INTJ, I assume K.Dick was Ne.

·
Registered
535 Posts
He could be INFP.

"I want to write about people I love, and put them into a fictional world spun out of my own mind, not the world we actually have, because the world we actually have does not meet my standards,"

also “Maybe each human being lives in a unique world, a private world different from those inhabited and experienced by all other humans. . If reality differs from person to person, can we speak of reality singular, or shouldn't we really be talking about plural realities?And if there are plural realities, are some more true (more real) than others? What about the world of a schizophrenic? Maybe it's as real as our world. Maybe we cannot say that we are in touch with reality and he is not, but should instead say, his reality is so different from ours that he can't explain his to us, and we can't explain ours to him."
This is like a quote on CelebrityTypes about Kierkegaard, that for him what matters is the subjectivity of life and not the underlying reality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched interviews with him and read about his life, he really doesn't seem INFP.
So, not sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts