1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
297 Posts
"Totes McGoats" annoys the hell out of me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have never heard this before, what does it mean?
It's a way of saying something is good or pleasing.

It's another variation of other "Totes" phrases, "Totes" being a shortening of the word Totally. Other examples include "Totes Fab" which is to say something is Totally Fabulous or "Totes Delish" in place of totally delicious. It's an adorable butchering of the english language. But "Totes McGoats" doesn't actually have a shortening of another word, it just hinges on cutsy alliteration but doesn't actually mean anything in itself.

Reactions: Grau the Great

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's a way of saying something is good or pleasing.

It's another variation of other "Totes" phrases, "Totes" being a shortening of the word Totally. Other examples include "Totes Fab" which is to say something is Totally Fabulous or "Totes Delish" in place of totally delicious. It's an adorable butchering of the english language. But "Totes McGoats" doesn't actually have a shortening of another word, it just hinges on cutsy alliteration but doesn't actually mean anything in itself.
I completely agree with all of this. However, I'd extend it beyond just this one to all of the cutesy phrases people have started using. Everytime someone uses the word "staycation" (yes, there actually are people that speak like this), I imagine myself beating them into unconsciousness with a dictionary. Really, you can't just tell me you're going on a vacation not far from your home?

Ugh. You know, despite the 'E' in the type, people annoy the crap out of me sometimes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I completely agree with all of this. However, I'd extend it beyond just this one to all of the cutesy phrases people have started using. Everytime someone uses the word "staycation" (yes, there actually are people that speak like this), I imagine myself beating them into unconsciousness with a dictionary. Really, you can't just tell me you're going on a vacation not far from your home?
"Staycation" doesn't bother me... except when someone is using it when they just went to stay at a local bed and breakfast or something. There's nothing wrong with spending vacation time just chilling at home. I work from home and a while back I flat out took some time off to deal with an infestation of possums in the woods near my house. I had a great time. THEY DIDN'T.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hated words/phrases: um, ah, like, well, i think, and other verbal fillers. Saw what it is you want to say and leave it at that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts