1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
244 Posts
Uh, I can think of some I don't like hearing.

"I know you feel like..." I hate that one because I'm just thinking to myself "No! You don't know what the hell I'm feeling"

"I don't know why you'd rather do ___ than ___" And I hear this quite a lot because rather than being physically active outside I like to read and be a homebody

"It isn't that serious" Telling me that I'm upset over something that 'isn't that serious' hurts more than what I'm upset about because it just makes me feel like even if I explain to you why I'm hurt over the situation you still wouldn't give a damn or understand. Because you're just not empathizing. And everyone is different, even if the situation isn't 'serious' to you it is to me. And THAT should get your attention

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I would never say,

"You're too sensitive"

"Nobody likes you"

Or anything else purposely hurtful or hateful towards someone. I hate making people feel bad unless it would be something that had to be done to help them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think a world where lawyers get involved in disputes is a lot better than a world where violence is what solves disputes. And, being a law student I assume I'm biased, but I have yet to hear of a part of the world where it wasn't one or the other.

I absolutely cringe to give or receive criticism without heaps of affection and comfort layered over.

I hate it when people speak with an air of confidence that you can tell is just them thinking that leaders and smart people don't show weakness.
I have this professor right now covering a difficult subject and he'll say things like "This is such a great article, blew my mind, it took me like 3 reads of it to get it," and I respect him so much more, find him so genuine and so intelligent, compared to the teachers who make hotshot commentary on it and never acknowledge their 9 pm, over coffee struggle with the material.

I am really bad with criticism...

"You care too much about what other people think."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts